ROM Hack Completely new to Rom Hacking. Would love to try to make Tri Force heroes 2 player

BossRoss93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering the single player mode has the dopples, I feel as though it would be possible to implement a mode that I guess tricks the game into thinking it has three players in a lobby, and then allow the dopple to be controlled by either of the players. Similar to Four Swords Adventures. I am a programmer, but have only worked with high level languages, and a bit of assembly code. So, I know this is a huge undertaking, and, lets face it, probably won't ever be completed. But I would like to try at least. Does anyone know of a good place to start with this? I read some of the stickies and they seem to be mainly like geared towards specific games.

Thanks everyone! I really want to play though this game with my roommate, but the online with a third person is... well pretty inconsistent to sugar coat it.

MsMidnight

part time fe modder
Trophies
Website
camilla.hostfree.pw
XP
Country
Considering the single player mode has the dopples, I feel as though it would be possible to implement a mode that I guess tricks the game into thinking it has three players in a lobby, and then allow the dopple to be controlled by either of the players. Similar to Four Swords Adventures. I am a programmer, but have only worked with high level languages, and a bit of assembly code. So, I know this is a huge undertaking, and, lets face it, probably won't ever be completed. But I would like to try at least. Does anyone know of a good place to start with this? I read some of the stickies and they seem to be mainly like geared towards specific games.

Thanks everyone! I really want to play though this game with my roommate, but the online with a third person is... well pretty inconsistent to sugar coat it.
That would require possibly reverse engineering the whole game for the 2 player part

Reactions: DesuIsSparta

BossRoss93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kinda figured :/

I Will never understand why they did not implement this, considering it had worked with FSA perfectly fine.

GreenStone99

likes green rocks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i agree. ninty is dumb. try to find a person online like from here who you could play with online for 3 players

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...