Completely new to Rom Hacking. Would love to try to make Tri Force heroes 2 player

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by BossRoss93, May 8, 2016.

1. BossRoss93
    OP

BossRoss93 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 26, 2012
    United States
    Considering the single player mode has the dopples, I feel as though it would be possible to implement a mode that I guess tricks the game into thinking it has three players in a lobby, and then allow the dopple to be controlled by either of the players. Similar to Four Swords Adventures. I am a programmer, but have only worked with high level languages, and a bit of assembly code. So, I know this is a huge undertaking, and, lets face it, probably won't ever be completed. But I would like to try at least. Does anyone know of a good place to start with this? I read some of the stickies and they seem to be mainly like geared towards specific games.

Thanks everyone! I really want to play though this game with my roommate, but the online with a third person is... well pretty inconsistent to sugar coat it.

2. MsMidnight

MsMidnight part time fe modder

Oct 12, 2015
    kys
    That would require possibly reverse engineering the whole game for the 2 player part

DesuIsSparta likes this.
  3. BossRoss93
    OP

BossRoss93 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 26, 2012
    United States
    I kinda figured :/

I Will never understand why they did not implement this, considering it had worked with FSA perfectly fine.

4. GreenStone99

GreenStone99 likes green rocks

May 7, 2016
    United States
    i agree. ninty is dumb. try to find a person online like from here who you could play with online for 3 players