Greetings form Germany.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
foxstar74 said:
jjjewel, are there any images to be translated? I dunno if images are your forte, but there are some pretty talented image editors on gbatemp like twiztidsinz.

Also,

???????
????
+------------------------+
What chemical element
has the symbol P?
Choices:
Silicon
Potassium

Um, are those the choices in the original Japanese? Because phosphorous is the one that has symbol P, potassium is K.
Japanese choices are ??? and ????.
??? is Silicon and ???? is Potassium. But, yeah, I'll probably change the choices to Silicon and Phosphorus to make them less confusing.
But this could be because I messed up when I extracted the choices. I just found out that I didn't extract this part correctly and I'll have to redo it.

For the graphics, it will be really nice if someone can help. I plan to leave all the day/month/year Kanji's the way they are because there are too many of them and I don't want to edit them all. Like the calendar changes for every 2 months, and you have the pre-confession and post confession, real time/skip mode etc. There may be like 100 of just the Monday to Sunday Kanji's to edit. There are also the options and settings screen that I haven't edited yet.

QUOTE(Devilkid32177 @ Jan 10 2011, 05:00 PM) hey jjjewel, i hope this sounds about right, i went through my stuff to reword it:

1077???????
?????????
??????????
??????????
?????
+------------------------+
1077 was the year Pope
Gregory VII & Emperor
Henry IV argued about
what case?

also, if you dont mind, may i update you through this topic?
sometimes, im not at my house, so a local PC im usually on, doesn't allow me to login to yahoo and such

Okay, sure. I think that should be okay. I'll try adding them to the Google Docs after you post them then. Thank you so much.

=========

Currently, if anyone can help with the mails and the questions parts, please help translating them.
I'll have to take care of the hacking stuff for a while.

Thank you so much, everyone.
wub.gif

foxstar74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Japanese choices are ケイ素 and カリウム.
ケイ素 is Silicon and カリウム is Potassium. But, yeah, I'll probably change the choices to Silicon and Phosphorus to make them less confusing.
But this could be because I messed up when I extracted the choices. I just found out that I didn't extract this part correctly and I'll have to redo it."

jjjewel, it's not about changing the answers to make them "less confusing", it's that P does not equal silicon nor phosphorous. Thus either the question is not worded correctly (like, instead of P it should be asking for K), or the answer choices are wrong, because P= phosphorous. I honestly didn't even think that your awesome script dump could possibly make a mistake, so if it was a script dump error like you believe then that'll be an easy explanation for why the question doesn't make sense.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
foxstar74 said:
"Japanese choices are ??? and ????.
??? is Silicon and ???? is Potassium. But, yeah, I'll probably change the choices to Silicon and Phosphorus to make them less confusing.
But this could be because I messed up when I extracted the choices. I just found out that I didn't extract this part correctly and I'll have to redo it."

jjjewel, it's not about changing the answers to make them "less confusing", it's that P does not equal silicon nor phosphorous. Thus either the question is not worded correctly (like, instead of P it should be asking for K), or the answer choices are wrong, because P= phosphorous. I honestly didn't even think that your awesome script dump could possibly make a mistake, so if it was a script dump error like you believe then that'll be an easy explanation for why the question doesn't make sense.

Script tools are almost never correct the first time, so it's a possibly it could be the extractor. Only way to find out is to check inside the actual file itself in a hex editor.

A few of the translations in the google docs are reeeally wrong.

I spotted this. I don't know if it's a typo or not but... 0 minutes?

What is the average
speed of a car that
travels 5km in
0 minutes?

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know squat about hacking, but I'd be happy to lend myself to the project. I've noticed some issues with context I wouldn't mind cleaning up. A lot of the dialogue comes across as direct translation, which...well, doesn't translate all that well in English. Some of the dialogue could probably use a few contextual adjustments. If you're interested, and there's a way, I'd be happy to go over pages of dialogue and try to spruce them up to sound a bit more natural when spoken in English.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Czero90 said:
I'd like to help with graphic editing. How do I get started?
The graphics are a bit complicated. But if you know how to hack graphics in the rom, please let me know. (It'll need hacking skills too, not just graphic editing.)

foxstar74 said:
"Japanese choices are ??? and ????.

Okay, found the reason. There's a choice for Phosphorus as well. But since Phosphorus in Japanese is "Rin" (??), the text for it is combined with one of Rinko's nickname "Rin" and it wasn't stored in the same area as other choices. So problem solved for this one. The answer is phosphorus. Yay!

(The game has about 3 ways to spell Rinko, so when I saw 2 occurrences of "Rin" I thought it was just for Rinko's nickname. Didn't expect it to be part of the study choices.)

phoenixgoddess27 said:
Script tools are almost never correct the first time, so it's a possibly it could be the extractor. Only way to find out is to check inside the actual file itself in a hex editor.

A few of the translations in the google docs are reeeally wrong.

I spotted this. I don't know if it's a typo or not but... 0 minutes?

What is the average
speed of a car that
travels 5km in
0 minutes?
Typo. I made a quick fix for line break last night and wasn't careful about that. My bad. XD

QUOTE(GeekyGuy @ Jan 11 2011, 10:18 AM)
I don't know squat about hacking, but I'd be happy to lend myself to the project. I've noticed some issues with context I wouldn't mind cleaning up. A lot of the dialogue comes across as direct translation, which...well, doesn't translate all that well in English. Some of the dialogue could probably use a few contextual adjustments. If you're interested, and there's a way, I'd be happy to go over pages of dialogue and try to spruce them up to sound a bit more natural when spoken in English.
Kuren is helping me with the editing now. So, I guess next patch should be better than the current one.
biggrin.gif

Oh, you can help with the mails and web contents. I'll PM you for details later. Thank you so much.
wub.gif

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devilkid32177 said:
hey jjjewel, i noticed that the characters and you refer to themselves in third person when talking, just wondering, was that intentional?

Can you give me some example?
Some of Rinko's convers use "Rinko" when she refers to herself. (I think it matches with the voice.)

Some are the names that the game forced them to appear. (Something I mentioned earlier about invisible variables.)
The game will auto-insert names in the scripts and I can't control that. (Quite difficult to explain on this part.
But I think this is the main reason why other hackers didn't pick up this game.)

Ex. To make some scripts show up correctly in the game, you are forced to;
- Start the first word with "Manaka-chan"
- Include "I" in the first sentence.
- Include another "Manaka-chan" anywhere in the same sentence.
- End the sentence with a question mark.
And then some of the above sentences are forced to be reused in a few other sentences.

Sometimes even if you don't want a girl to refer to herself as a third person, the name is forced to be included in the scripts. So I can't do anything much about that. T_T

-------------------

Help Needed:

*These tasks are what I can't do and I plan to just leave them as they are in the game. If you can help, please let me know.

** Graphic editing for the calendar
- Must know graphic hacking.
- You have to try extracting and editing the graphics.
- Most of the calendar graphics are in arc folder. In adv_calendar.bin, date_ui.bin, and schedule.bin.
- You will need ARC unpack tool from TLWiki to extract the files.
- Most files are in RGCN, RCLN, RSCN formats.
- P.S. There are too many of them. You can take a look first. If you think you can edit them all, please let me know.
(Mostly just change the Kanji's to M Tu W Th F Sa Su, etc. But there are really too many of them.)

** Fortune scripts
- There are 120 different fortunes (in the web content.)
- Currently I put them as Best Luck, Good Luck, Bad Luck, Worst Luck. But they actually should be different.
- If you can help think of adjectives that describe daily fortunes, please help.
- Ex. Your fortune today is...
Wonderful, Terrific, So-so, Terrible, Horrible, etc.
- We need words in 4 categories: Best, Good, Bad, Worst. (30 words for each category. But 10 for each should be okay too. I can reuse them.
tongue.gif
)
- Each word must not exceed 11 English characters.

Please PM me or post here if you can help. Thank you so much.
wub.gif

Devilkid32177

Trophies
Website
Facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
oh, ok X_x i didn't know that the game forces to speak in third person
tongue.gif

also, i got something for you jjjewel

the script (don't remember which one) its for tanaka, there seems to be overlap, umm like this:

my name ist
anaka how
are you?

something like that, where her first letter of the name is stuck to the last word she said.

also, jjjewel, i tried to use the text decryption program on the wiki page, but crystal tile is showing in weird lettering, and yeah my pc is set to accept foreign lettering like japanese & russian and the sort

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devilkid32177 said:
oh, ok X_x i didn't know that the game forces to speak in third person
tongue.gif

also, i got something for you jjjewel

the script (don't remember which one) its for tanaka, there seems to be overlap, umm like this:

my name ist
anaka how
are you?

something like that, where her first letter of the name is stuck to the last word she said.

also, jjjewel, i tried to use the text decryption program on the wiki page, but crystal tile is showing in weird lettering, and yeah my pc is set to accept foreign lettering like japanese & russian and the sort

I already cracked the game codes for the inserted names but I still can't delete them. (But at least it's easier to know beforehand which name will be inserted.) So the current patch might have something that you mentioned, or something like "I is" instead of I am, etc.
tongue.gif
The next patch should be better.
happy.gif

And which one you're trying to open? The tmx_event.arc or the gd_textres files?

Edit: Not quite sure what you meant by weird lettering and stuff. Got a screenshot or some example?
V
V
V
V

Czero90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
....wow, graphic editing sure is not for beginner.

What I did
1. Extract those NDS file with dslazy.
2. I used the arcdump.exe to extract (?) adv_calendar.bin
3. There's new folder created. And inside is full of .dat files.
2011-01-12_114253.jpg

4. Tried using Notepad++ to open the file. Can't understand anything.
5. Google'd around, and seems like people suggest using TileMolester. And so I did.
6. Tried opening one of those .dat files using TileMolester, turns out like this.
2011-01-12_114336.jpg

Well, I've seen one of your thread, so I wonder how did you do that.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Czero90 said:
....wow, graphic editing sure is not for beginner.

What I did
1. Extract those NDS file with dslazy.
2. I used the arcdump.exe to extract (?) adv_calendar.bin
3. There's new folder created. And inside is full of .dat files.

4. Tried using Notepad++ to open the file. Can't understand anything.
5. Google'd around, and seems like people suggest using TileMolester. And so I did.
6. Tried opening one of those .dat files using TileMolester, turns out like this.

Well, I've seen one of your thread, so I wonder how did you do that.

These files are compressed. You'll need to decompress them first.
Try Darthnemesis's BatchLZ77. And usually I use CrystalTile2 for almost all the hacking.
happy.gif

Darth's BatchLZ http://code.google.com/p/darthnemesis/down...=label:Featured

There are a few threads in this forum for CrystalTile2. You can try the version that works on your computer.

-------

After you decompress all the files, you can open each of them in CrystalTile2 (or any HexEditor) but I'd recommend CT2 because you can view graphic with it too.
The first 4 codes in each file are your file type. RGCN = Your graphic (without palette). RLCN = Your color palettes. Most RGCN can be viewed in GBA 4bpp Mode. (It's an option when you view graphic in CT2. On the left hand column.)

Czero90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Ok, done that. All I can figured out is

1. Its RLCN
2011-01-12_130542.jpg

2. Set the tile format to GBA 4bpp mode.
2011-01-12_130555.jpg

Wow, I'm really useless.
frown.gif

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xxct2.png

This is 00000009.dat.decompressed file using 00000007.dat.decompressed as palette.
(Just rename 00000007.dat.decompressed to something.NCLR and you can import it as a palette using Palette tab on the left.)

Czero90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
EDIT : Gotcha! Wow, its quiet complex actually.
2011-01-12_132320.jpg

Alright, I think this is enough for me to getting started. Thanks a lot jewel, and I'll let you know if something comes up.

I'll start with adv_calendar first.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Czero90 said:
Ookay, now do I edit this in GIMP/Photoshop?

Nope, you don't need to edit this one. I already did. There're other files in this one that need editing, but it's a bit too complicated, I guess.
(You'll need the latest version of CT2 and use a specific tool from that version.)

The main file that needs to be edited is the date_ui.bin. And, erm... It has about 400 files when you extract it. T_T
You can try to take a look but I still don't know if it's a good idea that we try to edit them.
(Most are graphics for Monday-Sunday characters and there are many of them in there. And if you change one, you have to change them all.)
I don't know if there's any easy way to edit it or not but it looks like it's too much and very time-consuming.

* I'm going off line now. If you have any more questions, I'll answer tomorrow.
wub.gif

You can try playing around with the graphics, maybe you might get some nice idea how to edit them.
Thank you so much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol