ZeastTheMiiverseHacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last update: July 17, 2016; 7:08 PM UTC

Any bricked consoles are not my responsibility. If you follow what I say you can prevent a brick!

You must be interested in hacking your 3DS. Please note that this cannot be done if you have a firmware newer than 10.7.0. To check what you can use for homebrew, please look here. Please note that Tubehax no longer works on any firmware. Menuhax can only be installed if you have another way to boot. Please look at the information on which application you are planning to use. Before you hack you need to know that you will have to format your system multiple times. Please place boot.3dsx at the root of your SD card. Homebrew allows you to take out your SD card while it is open. Please keep in mind not all applets for homebrew allow this function. Add a folder named "3ds" to the root of your SD card.
Browserhax (Web Browser Hax) instructions:
This is only for users 9.9.0 - 10.5.0; if your firmware is below 9.9.0, you do not need to follow these instructions.
Browserhax does not work on any console 10.6 or above.
Attention Users on 9.9.0 - 10.5.0: Due to the browser check that checks your firmware, you need to:
  1. Set your date and time to January 1, 2000; 00:00. This only needs to be done once every 24 hours. (once you downgrade to 9.2.0, this does not need to be done)
  2. Go into browser settings, then (with Wi-Fi off) click "Initialize Save data."
  3. Once you are back on the home menu, go through the browser setup. Once you are done go back to the home menu.
  4. Scan this QR code.
  5. Note that this does not always have success the first time. Once homebrew is open you can take out your SD card (It will not mess up anything)
Downgrading:
You need to downgrade your system to 9.2.0. Search for the correct system version.
Search for these terms. The tags after the firmware signify which version the system is for. Search for N3DS if you have a New 3DS, and O3DS if you have an Old 3DS.
N3DS 9.2.0 EUR - Europe
N3DS 9.2.0 JPN - Japan
N3DS 9.2.0 USA - United States
--
O3DS 9.2.0 EUR - Europe
O3DS 9.2.0 JPN - Japan
O3DS 9.2.0 USA - United States
N3DS = New 3DS; O3DS = Old 3DS
Once you have downloaded the correct system version, you need to download SysUpdater and EmuNAND9. Extract the .3dsx and .smdh files from both applications to the "3ds" folder on your SD card. Take the "updates" from the system version you downloaded, and put it on the root of your SD card. Downloading the wrong firmware can hard brick your system.
  1. Now you need to Format your system, to prevent a soft brick.
  2. Once you go through setup, open your entrypoint. If you are using browserhax, please refer to the instructions Below.
  3. Open "SysUpdater"
  4. SysUpdater will attempt to install 9.2.0. If it does not the first time or says "failed to get CIA info," don't worry. This happens a lot.
  5. Once you have downgraded, you need to check your console to see if it downgraded properly. If it says "9.2.0-(number/letter)" you have successfully downgraded to 9.2.0.

Browserhax instructions:
Please remove any old versions of Browserhax from your SD card.

Now that you are on 9.2.0, you will notice a line in the top left corner. Zoom into this line. You will notice this line is in fact a slider. Tap the bottom right of the slider. This may not work the first time as the area on the slider you need to tap is very specific.
Hacking:
You can install menuhax on your SD card before you format it. This should prevent you from having to install it again after you format your SD card. Make sure you copy ALL the files from your SD card in to a folder on your PC.
  1. Make a backup of everything on your SD card on your PC, as you will need to format it with EmuNAND9.
  2. Open EmuNAND9, then click "configure RedNAND/EmuNAND," and do not bother RedNAND. Just configure EmuNAND. This process will take 5-15 minutes.
  3. Once the format is complete, you can shut off your system and copy the backup files you previously made back onto your SD card.
  4. Now you need to follow THIS GUIDE. I recommend using Luma3DS as your EmuNAND startup.
  5. Format your system again.
  6. After setup, boot into homebrew with your favorite homebrew entrypoint. If you are using Browserhax, please follow the Browserhax instructions I recently mentioned. Menuhax will have to be reinstalled, and your trigger button will have to be reconfigured.
  7. Boot into your EmuNAND (you always have to click "show current NAND in System Settings") and upgrade to the latest firmware. If you accidentally upgrade your SysNAND, this is not my fault, and you will not be able to hack your 3DS ever again. (unless you hardmod,) so be careful.
  8. You have now hacked your 3DS. With FBI you can install any .CIA files you want, including MCIT and FreeShop.

Extra Instructions:
--
How to change SecureInfo_A (Unconsole ban your 3DS from Miiverse):

Nintendo uses Serial Numbers to ban instead of IP or MAC addresses.
If you want to change your serial number, please open Decrypt9WIP, then follow this tree: EmuNAND Settings > File Dump > Dump SecureInfo_A. Follow the onscreen instructions.
  1. Cut the "SecureInfo_A_emu" file to your desktop.
  2. Open a Hex Editor.
  3. Add the SecureInfo_A file to the hex editor.
  4. Change the numbers ONLY in the serial number. Example here.
  5. Keep in mind that you will have to remove the NNID linked to the system. Look below for instructions on how to to that without formatting.
  6. Put the new SecureInfo_A on your SD card.
  7. Go to Decrypt9.
  8. Follow this tree: EmuNAND Settings > File Inject > Inject SecureInfo_A. Follow onscreen instructions.

Remove a linked NNID without formatting:
  1. Put THIS FILE on the root of your SD card.
  2. Open Decrypt9.
  3. Follow this tree: EmuNAND Settings > File Inject > Inject nnidsave.bin. Follow onscreen instructions.

I hope this guide helped you! Comment any questions you have below. Have a good day!
Please note I made this guide because my friend was confused by Plailect's guide.

Last edited by ZeastTheMiiverseHacker,

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to downgrade your system to 9.2.0. Here are the links for the corresponding system versions..

Just so you know, you cannot share that here! You NEED to remove those links and tell people to look for downgrade packs on "that ISO site".

Last edited by Logan Pockrus,

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What is the point of this, when there's already the massively more in-depth and community tested guide by Plailect that's always kept up to date with new advancements in the scene?
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

For anyone who comes here looking to mod their 3DS, I'd recommend just going with Plailect's guide. If you're only interested in using menuhax and emuNAND, stop at the end of part 3.

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Just so you know, you cannot share that here! You NEED to remove those links and tell people to look for downgrade packs on "that ISO site".
Any bricked consoles are not my responsibility. If you follow what I say you can prevent a brick!

You must be interested in hacking your 3DS. Please note that this cannot be done if you have a firmware newer than 10.7.0. To check what you can use for homebrew, please look here. Please note that Tubehax no longer works on any firmware. Menuhax can only be installed if you have another way to boot. Please look at the information on which application you are planning to use. Before you hack you need to know that you will have to format your system multiple times. Please place boot.3dsx at the root of your SD card. Homebrew allows you to take out your SD card while it is open. Please keep in mind not all applets for homebrew allow this function. Add a folder named "3ds" to the root of your SD card.
Browserhax (Web Browser Hax) instructions:
This is only for users 9.9.0 - 10.5.0; if your firmware is below 9.9.0, you do not need to follow these instructions.
Browserhax does not work on any console 10.6 or above.
Attention Users on 9.9.0 - 10.5.0: Due to the browser check that checks your firmware, you need to:
  1. Set your date and time to January 1, 2000; 00:00. This only needs to be done once every 24 hours. (once you downgrade to 9.2.0, this does not need to be done)
  2. Go into browser settings, then (with Wi-Fi off) click "Initialize Save data."
  3. Once you are back on the home menu, go through the browser setup. Once you are done go back to the home menu.
  4. Scan this QR code.
  5. Note that this does not always have success the first time. Once homebrew is open you can take out your SD card (It will not mess up anything)
Downgrading:
You need to downgrade your system to 9.2.0. Here are the links for the corresponding system versions..
-snip-
Once you have downloaded the correct system version, you need to download SysUpdater and EmuNAND9. Extract the .3dsx and .smdh files from both applications to the "3ds" folder on your SD card. Take the "updates" from the system version you downloaded, and put it on the root of your SD card. Downloading the wrong firmware can hard brick your system.
  1. Now you need to Format your system, to prevent a soft brick.
  2. Once you go through setup, open your entrypoint. If you are using browserhax, please refer to the instructions Below.
  3. Open "SysUpdater"
  4. SysUpdater will attempt to install 9.2.0. If it does not the first time or says "failed to get CIA info," don't worry. This happens a lot.
  5. Once you have downgraded, you need to check your console to see if it downgraded properly. If it says "9.2.0-(number/letter)" you have successfully downgraded to 9.2.0.

Browserhax instructions:
Please remove any old versions of Browserhax from your SD card.

Now that you are on 9.2.0, you will notice a line in the top left corner. Zoom into this line. You will notice this line is in fact a slider. Tap the bottom right of the slider. This may not work the first time as the area on the slider you need to tap is very specific.
Hacking:
You can install menuhax on your SD card before you format it. This should prevent you from having to install it again after you format your SD card. Make sure you copy ALL the files from your SD card in to a folder on your PC.
  1. Make a backup of everything on your SD card on your PC, as you will need to format it with EmuNAND9.
  2. Open EmuNAND9, then click "configure RedNAND/EmuNAND," and do not bother RedNAND. Just configure EmuNAND. This process will take 5-15 minutes.
  3. Once the format is complete, you can shut off your system and copy the backup files you previously made back onto your SD card.
  4. Now you need to follow THIS GUIDE. I recommend using Luma3DS as your EmuNAND startup.
  5. Format your system again.
  6. After setup, boot into homebrew with your favorite homebrew entrypoint. If you are using Browserhax, please follow the Browserhax instructions I recently mentioned. Menuhax will have to be reinstalled, and your trigger button will have to be reconfigured.
  7. Boot into your EmuNAND (you always have to click "show current NAND in System Settings") and upgrade to the latest firmware. If you accidentally upgrade your SysNAND, this is not my fault, and you will not be able to hack your 3DS ever again. (unless you hardmod,) so be careful.
  8. You have now hacked your 3DS. With FBI you can install any .CIA files you want, including MCIT and FreeShop.

Extra Instructions:
--
How to change SecureInfo_A (Unconsole ban your 3DS from Miiverse):

Nintendo uses Serial Numbers to ban instead of IP or MAC addresses.
If you want to change your serial number, please open Decrypt9WIP, then follow this tree: EmuNAND Settings > File Dump > Dump SecureInfo_A. Follow the onscreen instructions.
  1. Cut the "SecureInfo_A_emu" file to your desktop.
  2. Open a Hex Editor.
  3. Add the SecureInfo_A file to the hex editor.
  4. Change the numbers ONLY in the serial number. Example here.
  5. Keep in mind that you will have to remove the NNID linked to the system. Look below for instructions on how to to that without formatting.
  6. Put the new SecureInfo_A on your SD card.
  7. Go to Decrypt9.
  8. Follow this tree: EmuNAND Settings > File Inject > Inject SecureInfo_A. Follow onscreen instructions.

Remove a linked NNID without formatting:
  1. Put THIS FILE on the root of your SD card.
  2. Open Decrypt9.
  3. Follow this tree: EmuNAND Settings > File Inject > Inject nnidsave.bin. Follow onscreen instructions.

I hope this guide helped you! Comment any questions you have below. Have a good day!

It's a good guide, but as @Logan Pockrus said you will have to remove those files.

Last edited by iAqua,
Reactions: Logan Pockrus

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the point of this, when there's already the massively more in-depth and community tested guide by Plailect that's always kept up to date with new advancements in the scene?
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

For anyone who comes here looking to mod their 3DS, I'd recommend just going with Plailect's guide. If you're only interested in using menuhax and emuNAND, stop at the end of part 3.
Well, he's just trying to help. Plus, some people would prefer to have a guide right on GBATemp.

Reactions: Deleted User

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
I just joined yesterday. I didn't know it was against the rules. Sorry.
No worries at all. Just looking out for you, don't get banned :3.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Edit your quote and remove the links pls :)

Reactions: Deleted User

ZeastTheMiiverseHacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I mainly made this for my friend, since he was confused by Plailect's guides. But I thought "might as well put it on here, since others might be confused too"

MsMidnight

part time fe modder
Trophies
Website
camilla.hostfree.pw
XP
Country
I mainly made this for my friend, since he was confused by Plailect's guides. But I thought "might as well put it on here, since others might be confused too"
Actually if you got confused you could just go to #3dshacks on rizon. They are really helpful there actually. (Saved me from what I thought was a brick when I just didn't have an arm9loaderhax payload)

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, he's just trying to help. Plus, some people would prefer to have a guide right on GBATemp.
And just like all the video guides out there trying to help, it will only be helpful until it's a detriment to people trying to mod their 3DS. The main reason Plailect's guide is as good as it is is due to the continued contributions to it, and making sure it's kept up to date with the latest advancements in the 3ds scene.

Reactions: MsMidnight

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And just like all the video guides out there trying to help, it will only be helpful until it's a detriment to people trying to mod their 3DS. The main reason Plailect's guide is as good as it is is due to the continued contributions to it, and making sure it's kept up to date with the latest advancements in the 3ds scene.
Well, he made this for his friend and thought he'd go ahead and post it here as well. And let's not forget we still have sticky threads that are outdated as Hell.
Anyway, here's a post he himself made:

SimplyFedorable

Evangelion Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just saying, it never looks good if you are brand new and make a thread about what people should do and post it in the wrong section. I did something similar to this, and got a ton of shit. And plus, guides exist. Try making something new!

Reactions: KunoichiZ

Ketchup901

Trophies
XP
Country
It's a really stupid idea to make a guide if you're not going to update it frequently. Plailect updates his guide every time something new is released that makes it easier or harder to get a9lh, and he also has multiple other people with editing permissions.

I suggest you snip this thread, it will just fragment the community and will be confusing and possibly even brick people's 3DS because of some change in software later on.

Reactions: KunoichiZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte