compilation about the DSi flashcart

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Chris_Skylock, May 26, 2009.

May 26, 2009
  1. Chris_Skylock
    OP

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
    Can I ask for a compilation on which flashcart is future proof. All I know is the SUPERCARD ONEi that has a firmware updater via USB.

It's already available here in the Philippines but it's out of stock for Php2000.

http://www.rocksoftonline.com/nintendo-dsi...ew-c-52_59.html

I remember there are atleast 2 carts that are future proof but I forgot which one.

I just hope we have a chart for the DSi flashcarts and include some firmware wiki-like that is with: a) is it future proof. b)can be updated the internal firmware

Thank you for your time. And I searched, by the way but im getting a 2vs2 flashcart battle.

2. rooker

Newcomer rooker Member

Canada
    Im new to this forum as this is my first post ever. But I believe the AK2i hardware 81 has an updatable bootstrap therefore allowing it to potentially be updated for a block by nintendo. There is a language update for this hardware that confirmed this.

What is a PHP2000?

3. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    FYI, the Supercard's USB updater only provides power to the card. It doesn't interface with your PC. You just download an update file, put it on the root of the SD Card and plug the cart into the USB adapter, then into the PC.

I don't know why they did this. Probably for marketing purposes? Other cards like the Acekard2i can update it's kernel while the cart is inside the DS.

4. xPiNoYx

Newcomer xPiNoYx Newbie

United States
    1 PHP = 0.021115 USD.

1 USD = about 47 PHP

[​IMG]

5. raing3

Member raing3 CNET_Richard

Australia
    Another reason Supercard may have done their USB adapter that way is to prevent other flash cartridge manufacturers from being able to utilize that device to update their own bootloader. Not that this would have probably ever happen, just another possible reason.

6. halljames

Member halljames GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    The problem with the AceKard updater is that you need to get in to the AceKard menu to be able to run the update file, now if Nintendo block the AceKard from working, then how do you expect to get into the AceKard menu to be able to update. You would need a DS Lite or a DSi with a lower firmware version.

I think the Supercard team have really thought about this.

7. Chris_Skylock
    OP

Philippines
    So currently, the SuperCard ONEi is currently the updatable one unless you have a second unit for the update to done on previous DSi flashcarts.

Acekard 2i can be updated via software but it needs a unit to be activated
    iTouch2 CANNOT be updated as confirmed.
    EZ Flash Vi can also be updated and is the same as the previous carts
    DSTTi is confirmed not to have any updatable as mentioned by its team

As with any good product has its own flaws, right? The rest of the cart are nice but the update is 50-50. SUPERCARD ONEi has a USB firmware but I heard the GUI is a no-no. But we all heard that it will be fixed soon.

So if one is about to choose a cart, then we need to make a decision - To go with a nice GUI or to go with an future-proof updatable unit?

Thank again fof giving me a light on how to understand things. I'll continue my research even more.

8. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
  9. Chris_Skylock
    OP

Philippines
    Edited my previous post.

The choices are Acekard 21, EZ Flash Vi and SUPERCARD ONEi for future proof flashcarts. But I have the bad feeling that the Acekard will have the same fate as the R4 since it's the most popular cart for the DSi. Hopefully we pray for its safety.

Confirmed DS/DS Lite guaranteed are iTouch2 and DSTTi as they are not updatable carts.

Thanks for the heads up. Im sure new people will read this thread and stop asking which cart is better

10. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    what do you mean by same fate as r4? as in being abandoned?
    in my opinion ak2 won't be as good as it advertised if not because of AKAIO

newbies from gbatemp never bother to read [​IMG]

11. mercluke

Member mercluke ‮҉

Australia
    the reason they chose usb powered updater over .nds file updating is because

- if you only have a dsi that's already got blocking fw you can't update the cart
    - if they made a windows based prog to update the cart then linux and mac users would be screwed
    - usb is a global plug where as ac is dependant on region
    - other carts can't be updated using it

12. Chris_Skylock
    OP

Philippines
    Here in the Philippines, when I bought my DSi, the saleslady has R4,EDGE as a DS Lite package where as Acekard 2i for the DSi package.

If you noticed, the R4 was everyone's flashcart on the DS Lite. Nintendo will be alarmed by its presence. And will do a system update and will haunt the Acekard team.

I dont know what made the R4 to be closed - closed by Nintendo or disbanded because of clones.

I wish I can make a chart for this part as I really want a list on how, what, for the DSi flashcarts. We do have a DS/DS Lite flashcart chart.

13. gamekool

Member gamekool GBAtemp Regular

United States
    chart is not needed cause those cart is not fully worked out the dsi...you see...micro sd is still there...
    my suggestion is that...take the thing you think good and this should surely support your dsi well for some time...