Comparison of Vitamin 2.0 and MaiDump

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Ray2R, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Ray2R
    OP

Ray2R GBAtemp Regular

May 4, 2016
    United States
    You all know what it does, I just wanted to make this really quick for anyone who is a little confused with both releases today. I have used neither but I know what they do.

Yifan on MaiDump: https://twitter.com/yifanlu/status/774337375497441280?lang=en

MaiDump will generate relocs. Relocs are the metadata used to boot the dumped game.

Vitamin 2.0---as of this update and previous updates do not generate relocs, it simply bypasses it. This might or might not work.

----As of right now, the best Game Dumper is MaiDump and Vitamin2.0 should be used to get Updates and DLCs easilly.---

Right now, neither tool has exactly what the other tool has, Vitamin has more accessories so to speak and MaiDump has the better dump tool.

This is my opinion and what I gained from reading. Hope it helps some of you.

Last edited by Ray2R, Sep 9, 2016
  2. Enigma Hall

Enigma Hall GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2013
    Brazil
    Even if we try dump a reloc data game instaled with maidumplol using vitamin. It still dont will dump the entire game. Is it?

3. RenegadeKid

RenegadeKid GBAtemp Fan

Aug 11, 2013
    France
    Is it ok to install and use both of them on the same memory card? Would it mess up something?