Hacking Comparison of 3DS Flash Carts/Features - ON HIATUS (9/3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure it was fake
No one has one, there hasnt been any updates since late march, stores never got stock

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
I almost want to buy one just to see if it is legit... their website is terrible, the "contact us" button isn't even a link :P
http://www.usahotstuff.com/33-evo3ds It seems as if the manufacturer might have told resellers the card is released but never shipped them anything. There hasn't been any news since the initial "release" of the card. Oh well. Chalk up another failed Gateway rip off.

jjmaia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

I have a 3DS XL (wit no flash card) and a DSi with an Acekard 2i.
I recently bough some JRPG for my DSi, but the screen is to small for me, so I'm thinking in selling it a buy a used DSi XL, but most are updated to latest version (i believe 1.45).

http://www.digitopz.com/r4i-gold-3ds-flashcard-for-nintendo-3ds-p-216.html

This cart is compatible with this FW version right? And also with the latest 3DS FW right?
And one last question, 3DS has a serious problem for me: region lock, many game i have are NTSC (I'm from Europe), can i play a NTSC ROM on a EU 3DS using this R4?

Thank you for your help.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hello,

I have a 3DS XL (wit no flash card) and a DSi with an Acekard 2i.
I recently bough some JRPG for my DSi, but the screen is to small for me, so I'm thinking in selling it a buy a used DSi XL, but most are updated to latest version (i believe 1.45).

http://www.digitopz.com/r4i-gold-3ds-flashcard-for-nintendo-3ds-p-216.html

This cart is compatible with this FW version right? And also with the latest 3DS FW right?
And one last question, 3DS has a serious problem for me: region lock, many game i have are NTSC (I'm from Europe), can i play a NTSC ROM on a EU 3DS using this R4?

Thank you for your help.
Yeah that would work on your 3ds and your dsi, NDS games don't use any region locking only 3ds games do, so you will have no issues playing American games on a EU console

goosey

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure where I should post this, been looking through the threads but I want to make sure I'm getting this right.
There is no flash cart for 2DS that will support 3DS games, yes?

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is no flash cart for 2DS that will support 3DS games, yes?

The reason for this is that the 3DS mode flashcarts leverage an exploit only found in firmwares v4.1 - v4.5; since the 2DS comes with a more recent firmware you are unable to use a 3DS mode flashcart.

nycxbox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very new to 3ds carts.. I had an R4 years back for my NDS....

I found gateway cards for $60 shipped.
I also was reading about the EVO3ds..
I also saw this about MT card. "We can accept preorder for EVO3DS now!! But any slander is not acceptable! Thanks for your kind understanding! Meanwhile , we recommend you to buy MT-Card currently which is the first and only 3ds flash cards can support multi 3ds roms in one microSD card, what's more, MT-Card V1.1 firmware can support NAND-emulate, Region Free,ESHOP,NAND backup are all available. So, till now, MT-Card is generally acknowledged as the best 3DS flashcart in the world. "

Which is the way to go?

Is there updated comparisons between these cards?

Can either card allow multiple roms on a MICROSD?

Is there a difference between 3ds and 3dsXL systems?

Thanks in advance guys...

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very new to 3ds carts.. I had an R4 years back for my NDS....

I found gateway cards for $60 shipped.
I also was reading about the EVO3ds..

Which is the way to go?

Is there updated comp[arisons between these cards?

Can either card allow multiple roms on a MICROSD?

Is there a difference between 3ds and 3dsXL systems?

Thanks in advance guys...
EVO seems to be MIA, I definitely wouldn't recommend it. Gateway's the way to go. Gateway's newest firmware update is great, and I'm inclined to believe they'll keep it updated (at least until that free rom loader everyone's been saying would be the end of the scene is released).

No updated comparison needed, because afaik, Gateway's the only one that's been updated lately.

Gateway can.

Regarding flashcart compatibility, no. The only factor that dictates if flashcarts can run on it is the console's firmware. Just grab a 4.5 or below and you're golden.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No updated comparison needed, because afaik, Gateway's the only one that's been updated lately.

You should be honest here and mention the MT-card, while i am no big fan of that card, it does get updated as well, last update was on 05-17-2014.

That said, the two are very close in what they can do, but Gateway seems to have the edge in my opinion.

Also i do agree with Pedestrian about one thing, as first 3Dflascard company around and still today with updates, i think Gateway will continue to give support for the card.

Soo, just compare these two, on the first page of this thread there is a decent up to date compare list. You can also go to the websites of these 2 cards and compare stats there.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Also worth mentioning MT is pretty much a clone with less features....and the last clones of gateway ended up in bricked consoles, the fact MT are stripping stuff out that are important features I.E homebrew support and cart dumping suggest they aren't as good at modding the firmware as some people believe

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should be honest here and mention the MT-card, while i am no big fan of that card, it does get updated as well, last update was on 05-17-2014.

That said, the two are very close in what they can do, but Gateway seems to have the edge in my opinion.

Also i do agree with Pedestrian about one thing, as first 3Dflascard company around and still today with updates, i think Gateway will continue to give support for the card.

Soo, just compare these two, on the first page of this thread there is a decent up to date compare list. You can also go to the websites of these 2 cards and compare stats there.
If you'll read my post again, you'll see where I said "afaik." I don't follow MT-Card news because I have no need to.

nycxbox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys - I am going to get a gateway....

AND a new system... Gonna try to grab a zelda bundle... This mario luigi system is greater than 4.5.

Where would you recommend getting a Gateway from, as a usa buyer?

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys - I am going to get a gateway....

AND a new system... Gonna try to grab a zelda bundle... This mario luigi system is greater than 4.5.

Where would you recommend getting a Gateway from, as a usa buyer?
I got mine from Modchipsdirect.com. It's more expensive than the $60 shipped you posted earlier, but since I've only ever ordered one card, I can only recommend one site.

Kir-chan

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
How safe is the RD4i these days?

I want to buy a Flashcart so I can play fan-translated DS games on my 3DS, and the RD4i is a whopping $50 cheaper than the Gateway 3D...

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How safe is the RD4i these days?

I want to buy a Flashcart so I can play fan-translated DS games on my 3DS, and the RD4i is a whopping $50 cheaper than the Gateway 3D...

Cheaper, but less reliable. Not really receiving a ton of updates, either.

Kir-chan

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Cheaper, but less reliable. Not really receiving a ton of updates, either.

But will it brick my console / prevent the eShop / do nefarious stuff?

The $50+ tag doesn't seem worth the hope that it might play regular 3DS games with current firmware in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0