Hacking Comic con-will there be new demos? How to save'em?

jaxter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going there tomorrow... wondering if there's anything I can do to help and/or how it usually gets done. Is there some kind of magic utility that downloads, but instead of running the demos, saves them? Or do people somehow get hold of the physical media?

ebcubs03

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, there will be new DS demoes. Starfox DS, Mario 3 on 3, Elite Beat Agents, and Pokemon Dungeon. They are DS download demoes, so they can be dumped. Unfortunately I don't know how. :\

If you figure out how, it would be greatly appreciated if you could dump them. 8D

jaxter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know either... that's why I asked. Sorry.

I found this press release thing:

Rack up another game showing for the San Diego Comic-Con. Nintendo is offering Comic-Con attendees the chance to meet Charles Martinet--the voice actor who spits out the mascot's lines in the Mario games--while they check out the company's display of games for its handheld. Among the games Nintendo will show off at the Comic-Con, taking place July 20-23, are Elite Beat Agents, Mario Hoops 3 on 3, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team, and Star Fox Command--all for the Nintendo DS. Nintendo is encouraging convention-goers to visit the company's booth dressed up as Nintendo characters to win prizes, which range from games systems to 8-by-10 postcards featuring Martinet, who will sign autographs.

bullet007

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know the exact procedure, but you will need a laptop with a RALINK (i think?) wifi card. Then install some hack to change the wifi card to capture ds packets.

jaxter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry then, no way I can do this... I'll have to leave it to somebody else.

I can't figure out why DS code can't be written to load-and-store, but then I've always lived in an ideal fantasy word (which I'm the emperor of, BTW).

jaxter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, mario hoops was playable but not downloadable - the "vol 3." they had downloaded will probably reach store kiosks soon.

I don't remember what demos they had, other that one of the brain titles, and a non-interactive starfox DS movie.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...