Hacking ColdbootHax, if you want it do this.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really hope no one goes near this until there's a proper release. It's almost a guaranteed brick if you don't understand what you're doing.

I think people should at least go out and buy a DS game for Wii U. There is no harm in doing this other than that it costs money to do so.

At worst: If nothing happens with this, then you have a DS game you will either play or not play and are out some money.

At best: You may have a way to have a Priiloader like setup that protects against System Menu bricks or a direct boot the homebrew channel or RedNAND setup later on.

----------------------------- If you do not get a game
At best: You can buy a game later if something comes out and join in on the fun.

At worst: Nintendo releases a System Update then you need to hope that spoofing works to buy and download a game from the eShop on 5.5.1, The DS games are pulled from the eShop, or the DS emulator is silently updated one-by-one on the eShop so new downloads of any DS games are patched to prevent the exploit from working.

Reactions: Cylent1

Cylent1

Community Smart Ass!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think people should at least go out and buy a DS game for Wii U. There is no harm in doing this other than that it costs money to do so.

At worst: If nothing happens with this, then you have a DS game you will either play or not play and are out some money.

At best: You may have a way to have a Priiloader like setup that protects against System Menu bricks or a direct boot the homebrew channel or RedNAND setup later on.

----------------------------- If you do not get a game
At best: You can buy a game later if something comes out and join in on the fun.

At worst: Nintendo releases a System Update then you need to hope that spoofing works to buy and download a game from the eShop on 5.5.1, The DS games are pulled from the eShop, or the DS emulator is silently updated one-by-one on the eShop so new downloads of any DS games are patched to prevent the exploit from working.

That just emptied my glass halfway....

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
According to the example on smealum github the game might be
US 101A5600 Kirby Squeak Squad
EU 101A5700 Kirby Mouse Attack

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just reading somewhere that it's almost feasible.
I cannot wait for HBL installed on my main menu. Thats the holy grail for me...

I think the method haxchi uses would be for the best for launching Homebrew Loader or anything actually.
this way you can launch "Brain Age" for example and if you are online, friends and Nintendo will see you playing "Brain Age" when you are actually in HBL or other homebrew.

the PS Vita ran into a problem where once homebrew could be installed to the livearea (system menu), it would show up on PSN while you were online. A lot of us Wii U owners have our own NNIDs tied to the console and having homebrew show up would be bad for any of us looking to use that on Switch via the Nintendo account system.

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VC? No wonder this wasn't released earlier, it is just a nice way of bricking your console next time you format it or somebody/yourself delete your games. The average user is going to do it, sooner or later.

Booting into a hidden system title would be safer but i have no idea if there is anything else this exploitable.

alkar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couldnt be just make the Wii U auto boot to the web browser instead of using a DS game ? YOu can have it automatically go to the website and kick in the exploit anyway.

Or am I missing something?

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
From what i understood, you'll be able to boot directly to HBL... so why still use the web browser ..

I'm guessing they mean instead of using a VC game you boot to the web browser which can load an exploit (set it as your homepage?).

Handy for those who are either too cheap or unable to download a VC game.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I bought Shadow Dragon a while ago just to play it.
So I'm set for this when it's actually usable.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couldnt be just make the Wii U auto boot to the web browser instead of using a DS game ? YOu can have it automatically go to the website and kick in the exploit anyway.

Or am I missing something?

That's still just more of a hassle. By being able to boot directly into a CFW/RedNAND, we'll be able to immediately load up our home menu with all our installed games including games only available digitally as well as any homebrew we'll have since installed to the home menu. Whereas if you boot directly into the browser and even if you set your homepage to boot into the homebrew launcher, you then still have to select the cfwbooter to then load into your cfw/RedNAND. It's like the difference on the 3DS between A9LH and those that are still booting up the 3DS normally and then using the browser exploit in order to boot into the CFW. A9LH is clearly just quicker and more intuitive, same thing here.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Huh. Thanks, but I don't think I'll use this exploit, because everyone says it's unstable, and you can easily break your console.
Bojler eladó. ;)
Yeah, anyway the yesterday's mk8 matches was cool. B-)
Oh, I bought one of these... last Christmas.

AFAIK only if you want the cold boot part too.

Besides, Brain Training was free, right?
Yes i saw other people downloaded. If i will be at home i will check it.

Last edited by Cava,
Reactions: smileyhead

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all