Hacking ColdbootHax, if you want it do this.

NexoCube

Trophies
XP
Country
France
^^This
It may be ok to buy a DS game to prepare, with the risk of wasting money on a game that is incompatible with the exploit but rushing though some thrown together guide is just asking for a brick.

Why are do you need to "buy" a game ?? Everything is pretty much "free" (even if you haven't redNAND)

D

Deleted User

I wonder if the internet browser could be set to auto-boot on startup...

Wouldn't be quite the same but it would still be an automatic way to launch hax without buying anything...
This might be possible, but I have a theory on why it won't.
The Internet Browser is a "multitasking" program, you know, one of those programs that you can launch without losing your progress in the currently open game?
The console probably expects that the Wii U Menu be open behind the browser or something like that, otherwise when the browser exits, there is nothing for the console to return to.

cheuble

squid
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why are do you need to "buy" a game ?? Everything is pretty much "free" (even if you haven't redNAND)
Because you need to buy it legit on your sysNAND, so your console autoboots each time in RedNAND.
The signatures need to be valid, so no RedNAND installed game.(The brazilian exploit isn't compatible with VCs)

Last edited by cheuble,
Reactions: Quantumcat

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
seeing as there is the possibility of any wiiu game having an exploitable function via this technique I would imagine that it will probably eventually be possible using a normal wiiu game I.e something that can be installed via disk tickets for those who cannot/refuse to buy anything :rolleyes:

PS does the wiiu have any sort of recovery mode like the 3ds where it will boot to the update screen (to potentially fix bricks if someone screws up)

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Conn0r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will this be able to be realistically be ported to every ds vc game or is it game specific.

NexoCube

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Because you need to buy it legit on your sysNAND, so your console autoboots each time in RedNAND.
The signatures need to be valid, so no RedNAND installed game.(The brazilian exploit isn't compatible with VCs)

I know, you can install un-legit games in sysNAND with a tutorial i rote somewhere in the comment section of this website :P

You have to boot a WUPServer fw.img (that doesn't need a NAND dump)
And open wupclient.py (python -i wupclient.py)
And type "install_title("pathOnSDCard", 0 or 1)" 0 for NAND, 1 for USB

cheuble

squid
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know, you can install un-legit games in sysNAND with a tutorial i rote somewhere in the comment section of this website :P

You have to boot a WUPServer fw.img (that doesn't need a NAND dump)
And open wupclient.py (python -i wupclient.py)
And type "install_title("pathOnSDCard", 0 or 1)" 0 for NAND, 1 for USB
This will not allow to boot it FYI, so this method is useless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters +1