Hacking Cojiro's WBFS GUI Wrapper v0.3

PSeeCO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
it would be nice the option of adding multiple isos, i love the "just one click" way
wink.gif

ps the extract function always freeze at 42% with terminal commands i have no problems at all...

cojiro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok, so far list of feature requests are

- adding multiple iso at a time
- copy from dvd (I will use friidump, for those of you with LG drives and a pressed disk, and dd for ripping a backed up disk)

I am also going to try to get a few more features in, I want this to be fully featured as possible. Ask for a feature and you will get it!

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cojiro, I just wanted to say thank you for your work on this. This program is quite easy to use and set up.

My one suggestion is to combine the output window into the main program window. Right now it seems that when the terminal output window comes up it freezes the main window until I close the output window. It's just a little annoying to have to close that output window after every action that opens it in order to continue using the program. If you integrated the two windows it might make the program "flow" better for the end user.

Does that make sense? See attached screenshot for what I'm thinking of (this is the KDE4 file manager with the integrated terminal open)

3578508955_2d1c049f3d_o.png

elsneakums

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the help with the root thing. When i add a iso is goes through the motions and outputs this "error reading disc:No such file or directory" but it shows what games ive put on the drive with the wii and how much space ive got left on the ext HD. Sussed it!! it was because i was trying to add scrubbed isos, Great little app, look forward to 0.4

cojiro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK! going to go to work on it now!
things _DEFINATELY_ going to be add.

- remember last partition used (YES! finished)
- rename function (STILL WORKING ON IT))
- ripping of disk (backups using dd if=/dev/dvd and originals with friidump, which I will include) (YES! FINSISHED!
-multi adding (many ISO at a time!) (STILL WORKING)

I hope to be able to add an interface like that, hooya, I just don't exactly know how to do it! I will try my best. (PROBABLY IN 0.5, I have an idea on this, but requires lot of work.)

expect a release by monday.

_cojiro

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Will you let us configure the path of our DVD drive? I will be getting my hard drive for this purpose next week (Wednesday?) and would totally use this feature. I have a lot of burnt disks, but my main DVD drive is /dev/scd0 and my LG drive is /dev/scd2

This is the normal location for Ubuntu.

As far as my idea for the interface goes, it would be fine as long as the main window didn't go "frozen" according to my window manager when the output window appears. They wouldn't have to be integrated, but right now I have to keep closing that other window.

You rock and roll man!

cojiro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am having an area where you can type in the location of the DVD drive and choose to dump with friidump or dump from a burnt disk!

The "freezing" unresponsive is prooving to be a hard bug to squash, but hope that I can iron it out.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK, just checking since you said "/dev/dvd" which I know is the default drive location for some distros, but not all of them.

Thanks again for your work! And that freezing thing is just an annoyance, the program is still quite functional.

cojiro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok, I am having one hiccup!
I cannot compile a new version of WBFS with rename support, someone can do this for me?
http://github.com/caristat/wbfs/tree/master
is the newest I think (not certain though)

hmmm.... still no dice on the rename thing. Got it compiled. Anyone want to help with this, or is this feature one that can be scrapped?

cojiro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
I would think 3 would be fine. Do things get more complicated for you coding it to allow a queue of more than that?

Did you manage to get rename support working?
I have only found 1 copy of the wbfs executable that includes rename support, but it is in spanish (french maybe?) and I'd like to compile my own.
hate2.gif

I think that I'll try to contact kwiirk or waninkoko about it.

about multi-upload, it does not get much more difficult to add more than 3, but the interface is getting a bit crowded looking!

edit: just sent an email to kwiirk. I should have multiupload done tomorrow, so expect a release to be tomorrow or Tuesday. If I finish the multiupload before kwiirk gets back to me then I'll post an unfinished version for everyone to try. So that you can do ripping disk, multiupload, remember last used. And a few extra features that I'm going to keep a secret
wink.gif

cojiro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nl255 said:
Any chance you could add support for cISO (compressed ISO) files? You can get source code for Hermes' modified wbfs_win here http://mods.elotrolado.net/~hermes/wii/uloader_v1.8E.rar
I have never heard of this ciso. Is there a way to compile wbfs_win on Linux (stupid question?)?
I am done with all the things otherwise but not done with rename. meet me in #cojiro on efnet if you want to test

elsneakums

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This app was working great on my ubuntu 9.04 32bit, now ive put ubuntu 9.04 64bit on and done the same things as before i get this error message "cannot find any wbfs partition (verify permissions)): No such file or directory" Ive run it exactly the same way (put wbfs file in bin folder and run from root) Have i got to format the drive and start again? don't really want to lose the games that are on there.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
elsneakums said:
This app was working great on my ubuntu 9.04 32bit, now ive put ubuntu 9.04 64bit on and done the same things as before i get this error message "cannot find any wbfs partition (verify permissions)): No such file or directory" Ive run it exactly the same way (put wbfs file in bin folder and run from root) Have i got to format the drive and start again? don't really want to lose the games that are on there.

Try the new version? http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158...p;#entry2021470 It has and updated wrapper and WBFS core.

I'm running 9.04 64-bit as well and it's working like a peach for me... Never tried it on a 32-bit though so I don't know what's up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out