ROM Hack Coders Wanted

Trace II

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Want a custom homebrew game/app? SO DO I!!! Here is a thread just for homebrew ideas from people who can't program. If anyone makes a game/app from these ideas, please post! Here are some of my ideas.

SAV stealer- for use with a slot 2 device and a flashed DS. Insert a game and run the app. This will save the .SAV file from the actual game to a directory of your choice.

Super PictoChat- a pictochat client with extra features like fonts and stamps

GBA Emulator- the DS operating system modified to look for GBA roms in a slot 1 device instead of the GBA slot.

Guyver 1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Want a custom homebrew game/app? SO DO I!!! Here is a thread just for homebrew ideas from people who can't program. If anyone makes a game/app from these ideas, please post! Here are some of my ideas.

SAV stealer- for use with a slot 2 device and a flashed DS. Insert a game and run the app. This will save the .SAV file from the actual game to a directory of your choice.

GBA Emulator- the DS operating system modified to look for GBA roms in a slot 1 device instead of the GBA slot.
you slot 1 gba advance emulator is impossible, slot 1 devices do not have the ram that gba games need to run.

and there is already a pictochat game for the ds with more options its called ping pals.

the save stealer program already exist its called rein.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like a version of Cannon Fodder, PC version with touch screen controls and level editor.

A fully working Neo Geo Pocket Colour emulator.

A program that converts Japanese games into English and other languages.

A program that lets me play AVI's and Mpegs.

A version of the C64 (not Amiga!)Shoot Em Up Construction Kit but with DS graphic abilities.

A program that you can run while playing games that'll make your girlfirend not play on your DS for too long.

A FireFox port that works as well as a PDA version.

Some of these will never happen, but then this thread isnt about possibilities, just about wanting.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Trace II

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

you slot 1 gba advance emulator is impossible, slot 1 devices do not have the ram that gba games need to run.

and there is already a pictochat game for the ds with more options its called ping pals.

Ping Pals has less features, but I'll look into rein. Also, doesn't the DS have ram?

gov78

Ha made you Look
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
id like either cannon fodder ds port

M.U.G.E.N DS where u create the game on the pc then turn it in to a hombrew file playable on the DS

NGPC emulator

Prince Carl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ping Pals has less features, but I'll look into rein. Also, doesn't the DS have ram?

yes it has 4mbs of ram, but what a flash cart does is load a gba game into its ram.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
there is a homebrew for mandarin
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=47809

I would like something similar to learn kanji and japanese word (like flashcard), but with handwriting recognition.
I tried commercial roms to learn japanese, but it's not for beginner, only for japanese people with already advanced speaking/reading japanese.

And a corean dictionnary with handwriting too
tongue.gif

That's too bad the comercial roms does not have recognition, it would have been easy to implement, it's only circles and stokes.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
SoldatDS would be preety cool and an .exe runner. most programs you download dont need that much ram so it could work

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if there's any demand for it but with tons of "teach Kanji" games directed at people in Japan, it would be nice to have one aimed at english audiences

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Intellivision emu for DS. The touchscreen could be used for the overlay buttons and the DS has enough buttons for everything else.

I have a PC emu for Inty with ALL the games and it's only 30megs, so I KNOW it's possible.

Rev Dan

Trophies
XP
Country
4th for Cannon Fodder. As soon as i played with my first DS i thought how much would cannon fodder rock on this.

Might have a look and see if there is any open source copies over the weekend. Never could get the amiga version working well under UAE
cry.gif

Trace II

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A .exe runner would be the answer to play flash games on a DS. All you would need is to download the flash file, convert it to exe with a trial converter, and run it on the imaginary exe runner. The touch screen would be like the mouse, and you could calibrate keyboard keys to DS buttons for each game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.