Hacking Cobra 7.00 (Unofficial) Implemented into Rogero 4.46 CFW

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need a hardware flasher. Best way to downgrade is to pay someone else to do it. Go to PS3 Hax forum. There are a lot of people offering downgrade service.

Would it better to send it and have someone do it or like Bobbyangin said and get E3's flasher? I would assume that sending it there would be pricey considering how big the package is. :unsure: Do I have to send it off though?

It's not as simple as using a dongle. You would need to use a hardware flasher, something like E3's flahser. Or you could just send it off to somebody that charges a minimal fee for you. I know a few places in the US that does it. But yes, you would have to downgrade and have the CFW installed.

Here is a good link to trusted downgrade providers...

http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=53127

I know they're trusted, I'm just not comfortable sending my machine off to someone I don't know, I just have a hard time trusting is all, I would much rather get the flasher myself and do the downgrade. Unless it's a PITA to do on the end user's side of things. I don't even go online with the PS3 anyways, so I don't need to access PSN.

Edit: On second thought, the guide for downgrading sounds overly complicated. Maybe I am better off sending it to be modded.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Would it better to send it and have someone do it or like Bobbyangin said and get E3's flasher? I would assume that sending it there would be pricey considering how big the package is. :unsure: Do I have to send it off though?
Not really. USPS Priority Flat Rate for Medium Box only costs $11 for one way shipping. So $22 for both way shipping.

Unless you are downgrading more than 2 PS3, better to let someone else do it for you.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really. USPS Priority Flat Rate for Medium Box only costs $11 for one way shipping. So $22 for both way shipping.

Unless you are downgrading more than 2 PS3, better to let someone else do it for you.

Yeah, and I just saw the guide to doing it, it looks as complex as hell, so yeah, better off to let someone else do it for me. Now to find my missing power cable ROFL :P

Bobbybangin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I know they're trusted, I'm just not comfortable sending my machine off to someone I don't know, I just have a hard time trusting is all, I would much rather get the flasher myself and do the downgrade. Unless it's a PITA to do on the end user's side of things. I don't even go online with the PS3 anyways, so I don't need to access PSN.

Edit: On second thought, the guide for downgrading sounds overly complicated. Maybe I am better off sending it to be modded.

I happen to know the first guy listed in the US(playerkp420) is a good choice. He is based out of Detroit and has lot's of downgrades for people. I haven't heard of one bad review for him. But, the choice is yours. If you were to install it yourself, I would go with the E3 flasher. I think they have a solderless version. It's still pretty complicated from what I understand. I've never had to downgrade, because I never upgraded past 3.55 OFW. I don't use PSN either. You can still update your games with a backup manager. Anyways, you can IM the above mentioned guy by clicking on his name and get more info from him.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I happen to know the first guy listed in the US(playerkp420) is a good choice. He is based out of Detroit and has lot's of downgrades for people. I haven't heard of one bad review for him. But, the choice is yours. If you were to install it yourself, I would go with the E3 flasher. I think they have a solderless version. It's still pretty complicated from what I understand. I've never had to downgrade, because I never upgraded past 3.55 OFW. I don't use PSN either. You can still update your games with a backup manager. Anyways, you can IM the above mentioned guy by clicking on his name and get more info from him.

I also see a lot of them either say NAND or NAND/NOR services, heck, I wouldn't even know which service to get as that user you mentioned does NOR; no idea what that means to me. I need to join those forums so I can contact him (should I decide to do it, need more $$ first before I pay him and the shipment). Rather he do it than me, as I'd likely screw up :D

Bobbybangin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also see a lot of them either say NAND or NAND/NOR services, heck, I wouldn't even know which service to get as that user you mentioned does NOR; no idea what that means to me. I need to join those forums so I can contact him (should I decide to do it, need more $$ first before I pay him and the shipment). Rather he do it than me, as I'd likely screw up :D

Nand/Nor would be your flash memory. Yours would be a NOR.

This guide here will tell you everything you need to know about your specific model...
http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/SKU_Models

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nand/Nor would be your flash memory. Yours would be a NOR.

Gotcha, thanks for explaining what I need to do to downgrade my PS3! I assume I would turn off all WiFi/internet options so I don't inadvertently prompt an update? Because that would suck so bad if I turn on the hacked PS3 and it automatically forces an update.

Bobbybangin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotcha, thanks for explaining what I need to do to downgrade my PS3! I assume I would turn off all WiFi/internet options so I don't inadvertently prompt an update? Because that would suck so bad if I turn on the hacked PS3 and it automatically forces an update.

It doesn't automatically update. But, disabling internet would be a good idea if you have anybody sharing your system. Sony just released optional update 4.53 OFW. There will probably be a 4.55 OFW soon that is mandatory. Usually within a couple of days/weeks somebody will release a CFW. I'm sticking with the Rogero/Cobra until a new version of that is released. Also, I updated the above post with a link to help you find out more about your particular systems specs.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't automatically update. But, disabling internet would be a good idea if you have anybody sharing your system. Sony just released optional update 4.53 OFW. There will probably be a 4.55 OFW soon that is mandatory. Usually within a couple of days/weeks somebody will release a CFW. I'm sticking with the Rogero/Cobra until a new version of that is released. Also, I updated the above post with a link to help you find out more about your particular systems specs.

I know mine is a 120 GB slim model from 2011, where do I find out CECH-20xx? Just in the system menu, and yes, once I get a power cable (I somehow lost it lol), I'll be sure to turn off the internet settings.

Bobbybangin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know mine is a 120 GB slim model from 2011, where do I find out CECH-20xx? Just in the system menu, and yes, once I get a power cable (I somehow lost it lol), I'll be sure to turn off the internet settings.

Just look on the back. There will be a sticker that says CECH-whatever it is. After you find that you can compare and find out if it is downgradable. You can use a power cable from a computer, flat screen, etc. if need be. I'm sure I've swapped my power cables around a few times during my moves.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just look on the back. There will be a sticker that says CECH-whatever it is. After you find that you can compare and find out if it is downgradable. You can use a power cable from a computer, flat screen, etc. if need be. I'm sure I've swapped my power cables around a few times during my moves.

The PS3 uses a two-pronged power cable, or rather, where it plugs into the back of the PS3, not the wall :P. It has a figure-eight looking prong for the power cable to plugin into, like this http://www.amazon.com/Sony-PlayStat..._1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386268082&sr=8-1&keywords=ps3 slim power cord

I've yet to see a store that sells them that isn't online or at least that type of cable.

The model is CECH-2501A, which according to the list, can be downgraded to 3.40 or 3.50. Well I'll be :P Good! I can downgrade it to a good version after all!

Bobbybangin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PS3 uses a two-pronged power cable, or rather, where it plugs into the back of the PS3, not the wall :P. It has a figure-eight looking prong for the power cable to plugin into, like this http://www.amazon.com/Sony-PlayStat..._1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386268082&sr=8-1&keywords=ps3 slim power cord

I've yet to see a store that sells them that isn't online or at least that type of cable.

The model is CECH-2501A, which according to the list, can be downgraded to 3.40 or 3.50. Well I'll be :P Good! I can downgrade it to a good version after all!

Oh yeah, my bad. I wasn't thinking about you having a slim. My phat PS3 can use a PC type power cable.

Sounds like you're good to go. You won't regret it.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, my bad. I wasn't thinking about you having a slim. My phat PS3 can use a PC type power cable.

Sounds like you're good to go. You won't regret it.

Thanks again for your guys' help! Say, you wouldn't know where to get those kinds of cables would you? Besides online?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

NinoKuniWindWaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cobra7 rogero 4.46 for the win!
Really like the 100% Discless mode on top of that playing my ps3 game ISO! from NAS server. I think the ps3 is very well evolved in terms of homebrew. Playing psx, psp, ps2 and ps3 games. Nintendo consoles up to snes (Hopefuly N64 at some poimt too). Showtime mediaplayer becoming a xbmc killer. Playstation 3 cobra 7 rogero for the win :)

Edit: add only one flaw that bothers me... the overheating. Sony should really turn the fan speed up to prevent overheating. Lost one ps3 fat too ylod already.

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm wondering can you play ps2 classics without glitches then when running iso?
Cause it is unplayable after starting new game.

Reactions: TerryG

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some ps2 games have glitches, nothing will really ever solve it because its built into the firmware. unless PCSX2 makes the leap to PS3, this is the best its gonna get.

on a side note, a PS2 with Free McBoot and an internal HDD is a pretty sweet item to own as well.

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
some ps2 games have glitches, nothing will really ever solve it because its built into the firmware. unless PCSX2 makes the leap to PS3, this is the best its gonna get.

on a side note, a PS2 with Free McBoot and an internal HDD is a pretty sweet item to own as well.
I can't even run the game on pcsx2. It is pretty nice that I can at least see the intro.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Oh sorry, this is Wario? I thought it was your wife