Closing my DSi shuts down the console

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Haloman800, Mar 14, 2010.

Mar 14, 2010
  1. Haloman800
    OP

Member Haloman800 a real gril

United States
    Hello, after updating my AKAIO firmware to 1.6, now when I'm running a game, if I close the lid to my DSi it completely turns it off.

I've never had this problem before, I think it's because of the new firmware.

It first happened while I was playing HG (Because SS wouldn't work), when I shut it, it immediately turned the console off.

I tested it while on the AKAIO menu, when I close it, it simply goes into sleep mode like normal.

I haven't tested it with one of my original games, because I'm visiting my family, but I went to a DSiware game (Pinball) and tested it, and it just went into sleep mode.

Has anyone else experienced this on the new firmware, or is this caused by other means?

I haven't tested the old firmware yet, I'm on my fathers wireless laptop, mine can't go online and I don't have the old firmware backed up on my computer.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Oh, wow. I bought a 2gb micro SD card from eBay, for my nephews Acekard I was going to give him for his Birthday, I finally get the SD card, and no computer of mine can open, or even format it.

I open a case on eBay, and the dude said he'd give me a refund if I sent it back, for now, I store it in my sd card reader in my DSi's SD card slot............................................................ That is what is causing my DSi to shut down.

FOR YOUR SAFETY: I will list the item listing and sellers name, so unless you want all of your save data erased, or possibly your DS being completely corrupted. At the moment, eBay is down for me, but I will post this when it's back up.

2. xxRAG3

Member xxRAG3 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    This isn't condoned here, but only in the Gbatemp Trading forum. Earn your posts kid.

3. clonesniper666

Member clonesniper666 KRII LUN AUS

United States
    So after removing the faulty micro sd card from the console the system goes to sleep in games played with AKAIO, correct? If so that is good to here you fixed it and hope you get your money back.

And I have no idea what the poster above me is trying to say.

4. Haloman800
    OP

Member Haloman800 a real gril

United States
    rag, I have no earthly idea what you are talking about, either you're a bad troll or just really, really stupid.

Yes, removing the fake SD card fixed it, I have no idea how that would affect it, but taking it out did the trick, and putting it back in shut it down.

He's going to refund me when I send it back with tracking, $2.00 of shipping and a week of waiting down the drain =(.