ROM Hack CloneCharizard's PokéSav Black & White Translation

Bit off topic here but I'm on Windows 7 and Japanese characters appear as random symbols to me, making it hard to translate stuff. Any idea how to fix it?
 
To view actual Japanese characters instead of ?????, you do the following.

Windows Vista/Windows 7:

Go to the Control Panel (Start > Control Panel).
Select the Change keyboards or other input methods link under Clock, Language, and Region.
At the top, select the Administrative tab.
Click the Change System Locale... button.
Change the drop down list to Japanese (Japan) and confirm.
It will prompt you to restart. Do so.




I would also like to ask the following, has anyone had any luck changing the nature of a Pokemon? I managed to change a couple Pokemon to shiny, but not their nature. Doesn't make sense to me, since they both rely on the PID. Anyone else have this problem?
 
Gremlin2456 said:
To view actual Japanese characters instead of ?????, you do the following.

Windows Vista/Windows 7:

Go to the Control Panel (Start > Control Panel).
Select the Change keyboards or other input methods link under Clock, Language, and Region.
At the top, select the Administrative tab.
Click the Change System Locale... button.
Change the drop down list to Japanese (Japan) and confirm.
It will prompt you to restart. Do so.




I would also like to ask the following, has anyone had any luck changing the nature of a Pokemon? I managed to change a couple Pokemon to shiny, but not their nature. Doesn't make sense to me, since they both rely on the PID. Anyone else have this problem?

Yeah the natures didn't change for me either. Thanks for the how-to also.
 
Btw, does anyone has the same problem as me?
If I edit my pokemon with Pokesav, my game will freeze, after a minute or 2.
 
LTK said:
Yeah the natures didn't change for me either. Thanks for the how-to also.


Actually, I figured it out. Not only do you have to change the Nature in the PID menu, but you also need to change it to the same nature in a drop down menu next to the Pokemon's level. No problem on the guide.
 
Ah thanks
wink.gif
 
Now we just need a semi translation of the real game and we'll be ready to fully enjoy it.
 
Switching Win 7's non-Unicode default to Japanese made it so it displayed Japanese characters in PokeSav 0.03 but I still can't read it. Imma wait for CloneCharizard's translation which he's prolly working on right now. Keep up the good work
biggrin.gif
 
probs why it dont work



EDIT: Hey CloneCharizard can u make it so it works on xp and the pokemon moves pokemon and places met and moves are translated plz ?
 

Site & Scene News