Homebrew Question Clear the Switch of any cfw things ?

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The two key textboxes, Crypto and Tweak. I was wondering if they are used for *just* the virtual drive or also for dump and restore operations.

I've been thinking of going that route for just making backups and maybe editing a savegame or two. I'm not keen on the upcoming cloud services but want to keep backups of my saves.
They are not used now during dumping nor restore. They might potentially.

I am not sure how the savedata partition is encrypted, someone would detail on that?

Stone-D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Is there an absolutely pure and decrypted SYSTEM partition, or just the contents, I can download somewhere? For 4.0.1/4.1.0/5.0.0.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

They are not used now during dumping nor restore. They might potentially.

I am not sure how the savedata partition is encrypted, someone would detail on that?

So mount rawnand.bin, edit SYSTEM, dump, mount physical, Restore. Should work, right?

Serfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unknown.png

Last edited by Serfrost,

salmon01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChoiDujourNX, toggle the System Initialize option and then downgrade to Firm 4.1 or so.

To be safe, boot into hekate bootmenu and delete your logs. Do not do this on firms over 5.x.x -- Ninten can find out.

ChoiDujourNX back to your desired firmware update and then only play with legitimately owned games while on stock firmware mode. Do not use any homebrew, etc.

--

I can't guarantee this will work, but it's the safest I can think of.
I was thinking of this method being possible as well, but then I realized that even if you cleared your logs on a FW which couldn't detect it, that doesn't really matter. Your FW was once on 5.x with logs, and if you go to 5.x again without logs, Nintendo could detect it just as easily.

Serfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking of this method being possible as well, but then I realized that even if you cleared your logs on a FW which couldn't detect it, that doesn't really matter. Your FW was once on 5.x with logs, and if you go to 5.x again without logs, Nintendo could detect it just as easily.
Not really. They added extra telemetry in 5.x.x that can keep track of manipulated logs. As long as those are clean before you go back to 5.x.x, you should be okay.

Secondly, they can see if you have sent logs before and if you're suddenly missing them after, if you removed them. It's unknown if they will ban over a log mismatch.. but if you have played a pirated game while connected to the internet at all, it's almost guaranteed they have some kind of info on what you're doing already.

Clearing logs pre-5.x.x is mainly good for those who have never connected online with illegitimate software in use on their system.

Last edited by Serfrost,

salmon01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really. They added extra telemetry in 5.x.x that can keep track of manipulated logs. As long as those are clean before you go back to 5.x.x, you should be okay.

Secondly, they can see if you have sent logs before and if you're suddenly missing them after, if you removed them. It's unknown if they will ban over a log mismatch.. but if you have played a pirated game while connected to the internet at all, it's almost guaranteed they have some kind of info on what you're doing already.

Clearing logs pre-5.x.x is mainly good for those who have never connected online with illegitimate software in use on their system.
Ok, I see what you're saying. If you never went online and used your log clearing method, Nintendo wouldn't know the difference since they never saw your logs in the first place.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its been confirmed by a phone call with Nintendo that a user was banned for having gone from sending error logs to having no more error logs so I would say it is not safe.

Reactions: Serfrost

calarez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
12. Hold Vol- while you boot your normal payload with TegraRcmSmash. Boot Stock Firmware. System Initialize / Reformat your Switch (Settings > Bottom) just to make sure you're fine.

Can you clarify step 12... what do you mean by "normal payload" and why hold vol- while booting? ive never done it, what does it do?
and thank you for this guide, I was looking for one.

Serfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
12. Hold Vol- while you boot your normal payload with TegraRcmSmash. Boot Stock Firmware. System Initialize / Reformat your Switch (Settings > Bottom) just to make sure you're fine.

Can you clarify step 12... what do you mean by "normal payload" and why hold vol- while booting? ive never done it, what does it do?
and thank you for this guide, I was looking for one.

The payload you usually use to boot your switch.

Most cfw auto boots. You hold vol - to get to the boot menu. From there you can select options.

Reactions: Stone-D and calarez

calarez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi

I cant use the memloader payload... I put my Switch in RCM mode inject the payload ok but in the switch I got... Attempting to comunicate with the USB Host... try ## (last retVal 3 xfer'd 0 bytes)

any idea what Im doing wrong?

calarez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I figure it out... I didnt copy the .ini files to the SD card....

Now I have other question... I mount the SYSTEM and found three folders but none USER folder...
when you save go back one directory did you mean mount the USER file using hackdiskmount and the delete everything inside?

Carloss

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
1. Any idea what is inside "[8]000000000000[120]"?
2. It's a fat32 drive - would there be any problem formatting it to zero all the blocks?
3. Say I do this on a dumped image. Has HacDiskMount been proven safe to re-write it back to the NAND?

4. While I'm here... do the BIS key entries for Operations on SYSTEM apply to Dumped/Restored images, or are they only for mounting?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's via Checkpoint/CFW... how about doing it manually by mounting the System partition via HacDiskMount? Surely that's not logged?

hello Guys Im new at gbatemp Im carlos, I want to ask something really odd, I was trying to (""Clean") my switch following the instructions, but at the last when I powered off the erconsole, It does not power on, I tried multiple times to boot RCM mode but nothing happened, even charging it and nothing, Only black Screen.

tellme plz my switch is gone forever? or can be saved?

Rafinesque

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here's my little text guide for manually initializing the system like what you just mentioned:

8. Open the SAVE folder, #DELETE# everything EXCEPT for [8]000000000000[120]

9. Go back one directory, go to the USER folder... #DELETE# everything.

What does #9 mean? When you are in the system partition / save folder, going "back one directory" doesn't get you to the user partition, and there's not a user folder in the system partition on my v2.3 Switch.

isoisoiso

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Here's my little text guide for manually initializing the system like what you just mentioned:

---

Tools, courtesy of Rajkosto: https://switchtools.sshnuke.net/

--

Get & extract HacDiskMount to a folder.

Get & extract TegraRcmSmash to a folder.

Get & extract biskeydump.zip's "biskeydump.bin" to TegraRcmSmash's folder.

Get & extract memloader.zip's "memloader.bin" to TegraRcmSmash's folder.

Move all of your SD files to their own folder on the SD root.

Extract the "memloader.zip\sample\" files to the Switch's MicroSD root.

[[ If you don't have an SD reader, you can use TegraRcmGUI's "UMS Tool" to hook into the SD card, alternatively. ]]

Put Switch in RCM mode if not already.

--

[[ To use .bins with TegraRcmSmash, drag and drop them onto the .exe while the Switch is in RCM mode. ]]

BIS Keys:

Send the biskeydump.bin payload to your Switch.

Copy down your BIS Keys or use a QR scanner to email them to you.

Power off back to RCM.

--

HacDiskMount to wipe installed Titles from NAND:

1. Send the memloader.bin payload to your Switch.

2. On Switch, navigate with Volume - / + to ums_emmc.ini and launch it with Power

3. Open HacDiskMount as Administrator, File > Open Physical Drive - Select [ Linux UMS disk 0 (29.121 GiB) ]

[[ On Windows, if after launching the ums_emmc.ini ... in Windows's Device Manager, if you see a device with a yellow exclamation mark - Right-click and uninstall it, then click the "Scan for Hardware Changes" button / menu option in order to get it to appear properly. ]]

4. Select the SYSTEM location, open it.

5. Paste the contents of BIS Key 2; if mismatch, write them by hand.

6. Set a drive letter, mount it.

7. Go to the mounted drive on your PC, open it.

8. Open the SAVE folder, #DELETE# everything EXCEPT for [8]000000000000[120]

9. Go back one directory, go to the USER folder... #DELETE# everything.

9. Dismount the drive in HacDiskMount, power off your Switch.

10. Resend the memloader.bin payload, select ums_sd.ini to boot into SD mode.

11. Move your SD files back to root. Rename Nintendo folder temporarily, or you will be asked to format SD when using the Switch.

13. Resend memloader.bin, select ums_sd.ini, delete the new Nintendo folder, rename yours back to Nintendo.

14. Boot Stock Firmware again [ Booting CFW might leave logs, only boot stock! Make a NAND Backup if you want to avoid this in the future. ]

15. Install your stuff again if its legitimate, otherwise do what you want before you pollute your NAND with detectable CFW junk.

- Done -
I want to do this but i don't want to lose my user profiles (because the nes app requires a profile or else it doesn't work), just wanna clear all games/updates I got installed on nand
What should I do
I'm on 6.1.0

Thanks

Last edited by isoisoiso,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: man that was some good Chinese takeout