Homebrew Question Clear the Switch of any cfw things ?

RyotaMP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey everyone (i apologyze for my bad english)
Do you know a way to "purify" the switch of any hacks ? (maybe with hekate ?)
So you can replay online if you was not ban.

D

Deleted User

Hey everyone (i apologyze for my bad english)
Do you know a way to "purify" the switch of any hacks ? (maybe with hekate ?)
So you can replay online if you was not ban.
Yeah, just don't hack the Switch

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Depends on what you did.
Which cfw did you run?
Do you remember if you had any crash log/did you use a cfw that redirect them to sd?

Xyphoseos

Hack or no games
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I dunno if I do a good thing, but personaly I use online service in OFW and airplane mode in CFW, I've some nsp and I'm not banned

RyotaMP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Depends on what you did.
Which cfw did you run?
Do you remember if you had any crash log/did you use a cfw that redirect them to sd?
I use ReiNX for installing games with tinfoil I don't know if I had a crash log x) how can I verify ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I dunno if I do a good thing, but personaly I use online service in OFW and airplane mode in CFW, I've some nsp and I'm not banned
Yeah I do the same thing but nintendo can detect nsp game when your on the OFW ?

Reactions: Xyphoseos

Serfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChoiDujourNX, toggle the System Initialize option and then downgrade to Firm 4.1 or so.

To be safe, boot into hekate bootmenu and delete your logs. Do not do this on firms over 5.x.x -- Ninten can find out.

ChoiDujourNX back to your desired firmware update and then only play with legitimately owned games while on stock firmware mode. Do not use any homebrew, etc.

--

I can't guarantee this will work, but it's the safest I can think of.

Last edited by Serfrost,

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you do not have a clean nand then you can do this after restoring youre original firmware with choixdujour like @Serfrost mentionned

"backup anything you need, delete all system savedata other than 8000...120; and delete entirety of USER"
Quoted from reswitched discord, from rajkosto. He said this is the hardcorest system initialize (the official one do not get rid of a lot of things)

Reactions: Milad

Serfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you do not have a clean nand then you can do this after restoring youre original firmware with choixdujour like @Serfrost mentionned

"backup anything you need, delete all system savedata other than 8000...120; and delete entirety of USER"
Quoted from reswitched discord, from rajkosto. He said this is the hardcorest system initialize (the official one do not get rid of a lot of things)

Here's my little text guide for manually initializing the system like what you just mentioned:

---

Tools, courtesy of Rajkosto: https://switchtools.sshnuke.net/

--

Get & extract HacDiskMount to a folder.

Get & extract TegraRcmSmash to a folder.

Get & extract biskeydump.zip's "biskeydump.bin" to TegraRcmSmash's folder.

Get & extract memloader.zip's "memloader.bin" to TegraRcmSmash's folder.

Move all of your SD files to their own folder on the SD root.

Extract the "memloader.zip\sample\" files to the Switch's MicroSD root.

[[ If you don't have an SD reader, you can use TegraRcmGUI's "UMS Tool" to hook into the SD card, alternatively. ]]

Put Switch in RCM mode if not already.

--

[[ To use .bins with TegraRcmSmash, drag and drop them onto the .exe while the Switch is in RCM mode. ]]

BIS Keys:

Send the biskeydump.bin payload to your Switch.

Copy down your BIS Keys or use a QR scanner to email them to you.

Power off back to RCM.

--

HacDiskMount to wipe installed Titles from NAND:

1. Send the memloader.bin payload to your Switch.

2. On Switch, navigate with Volume - / + to ums_emmc.ini and launch it with Power

3. Open HacDiskMount as Administrator, File > Open Physical Drive - Select [ Linux UMS disk 0 (29.121 GiB) ]

[[ On Windows, if after launching the ums_emmc.ini ... in Windows's Device Manager, if you see a device with a yellow exclamation mark - Right-click and uninstall it, then click the "Scan for Hardware Changes" button / menu option in order to get it to appear properly. ]]

4. Select the SYSTEM location, open it.

5. Paste the contents of BIS Key 2; if mismatch, write them by hand.

6. Set a drive letter, mount it.

7. Go to the mounted drive on your PC, open it.

8. Open the SAVE folder, #DELETE# everything EXCEPT for [8]000000000000[120]

9. Go back one directory, go to the USER folder... #DELETE# everything.

9. Dismount the drive in HacDiskMount, power off your Switch.

10. Resend the memloader.bin payload, select ums_sd.ini to boot into SD mode.

11. Move your SD files back to root. Rename Nintendo folder temporarily, or you will be asked to format SD when using the Switch.

12. Hold Vol- while you boot your normal payload with TegraRcmSmash. Boot Stock Firmware. System Initialize / Reformat your Switch (Settings > Bottom) just to make sure you're fine.

13. Resend memloader.bin, select ums_sd.ini, delete the new Nintendo folder, rename yours back to Nintendo.

14. Boot Stock Firmware again [ Booting CFW might leave logs, only boot stock! Make a NAND Backup if you want to avoid this in the future. ]

15. Install your stuff again if its legitimate, otherwise do what you want before you pollute your NAND with detectable CFW junk.

- Done -

Last edited by Serfrost,

RyotaMP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you bro but I have just one more question : this method gonna make my switch "brand new". So I can say goodbye to all my save ?

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you bro but I have just one more question : this method gonna make my switch "brand new". So I can say goodbye to all my save ?
You back them up with checkpoint/jksv and re download your legit games afterward and inject them again.

Serfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can backup your saves and restore them on CFW, but you cannot do this on stock firmware. Imo it risks being logged.

Last edited by Serfrost,

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you want to risk it, go ahead. But I won't tell you to do something I can't promise.
And I am not the one saying this btw. CTCaer said this already in the hekate thread.
Tho banning someone for having a newly save is...... meh but possible, so yeah.

Stone-D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
4. Select the SYSTEM location, open it.
5. Paste the contents of BIS Key 2; if mismatch, write them by hand.
6. Set a drive letter, mount it.
7. Go to the mounted drive on your PC, open it.
8. Open the SAVE folder, #DELETE# everything EXCEPT for [8]000000000000[120]
9. Go back one directory, go to the USER folder... #DELETE# everything.

1. Any idea what is inside "[8]000000000000[120]"?
2. It's a fat32 drive - would there be any problem formatting it to zero all the blocks?
3. Say I do this on a dumped image. Has HacDiskMount been proven safe to re-write it back to the NAND?

4. While I'm here... do the BIS key entries for Operations on SYSTEM apply to Dumped/Restored images, or are they only for mounting?

Yes, you can backup your saves and restore them on CFW, but you cannot do this on stock firmware. Imo it risks being logged.

That's via Checkpoint/CFW... how about doing it manually by mounting the System partition via HacDiskMount? Surely that's not logged?

Serfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From Raj:

The ChoiDujour guide says TO NEVER FORMAT (the switch requires specific alignment rules on internal partitions).
[8]000000000000[120] is an index of installed system titles, its required for the firmware to work.

--

I would only edit your dumped NAND and then restore it with the Boot Menu option, or edit your current NAND.

I don't know about 4 or 5.

Last edited by Serfrost,
Reactions: Stone-D

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. Any idea what is inside "[8]000000000000[120]"?
2. It's a fat32 drive - would there be any problem formatting it to zero all the blocks?
3. Say I do this on a dumped image. Has HacDiskMount been proven safe to re-write it back to the NAND?

4. While I'm here... do the BIS key entries for Operations on SYSTEM apply to Dumped/Restored images, or are they only for mounting?

That's via Checkpoint/CFW... how about doing it manually by mounting the System partition via HacDiskMount? Surely that's not logged?
Quote from switchbrew: meta/imkvdb.arc for system partition. Cache of data extracted from the .cnmt for installed titles?(Including 816)
not valid, see comment just before - If you do format system completely, you will end up with a bricked switch (still restorable because system is shareable)
Hackdiskmount is proven safe. yes.

What do you mean?

I completely forgot that one. It should be perfectly safe. Tho they might find it suspicious with the playlogs being deleted. Cause who knows what Nintendo will do.

Edit: I think raw savedata partition is encrypted. So idk :/

Last edited by mariogamer,

Serfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I completely forgot that one. It should be perfectly safe. Tho they might find it suspicious with the playlogs being deleted. Cause who knows what Nintendo will do.

That was my main concern earlier as well. If you want to save your games while on stock I would recommend backing up your NAND before doing CFW stuff.

Stone-D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
What do you mean?

The two key textboxes, Crypto and Tweak. I was wondering if they are used for *just* the virtual drive or also for dump and restore operations.

I've been thinking of going that route for just making backups and maybe editing a savegame or two. I'm not keen on the upcoming cloud services but want to keep backups of my saves.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night