Question Clear the Switch of any cfw things ?

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by RyotaMP, Aug 9, 2018.

1. RyotaMP
    OP

RyotaMP Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2018
    France
    Hey everyone (i apologyze for my bad english)
    Do you know a way to "purify" the switch of any hacks ? (maybe with hekate ?)
    So you can replay online if you was not ban.

2. CrisFTW

CrisFTW Your Excellency

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Yeah, just don't hack the Switch

3. mariogamer

mariogamer GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 12, 2015
    Canada
    Depends on what you did.
    Which cfw did you run?
    Do you remember if you had any crash log/did you use a cfw that redirect them to sd?

4. aerios169

aerios169 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 30, 2012
    Mexico
    You need a clean copy or your nand before you hack anything, others methods i dont know

5. Xyphoseos

Xyphoseos Hack or no games

Jun 29, 2016
    France
    Rivière
    I dunno if I do a good thing, but personaly I use online service in OFW and airplane mode in CFW, I've some nsp and I'm not banned

6. RyotaMP
    OP

RyotaMP Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2018
    France
    I use ReiNX for installing games with tinfoil I don't know if I had a crash log x) how can I verify ?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Yeah I do the same thing but nintendo can detect nsp game when your on the OFW ?

Xyphoseos likes this.
  7. Serfrost

Serfrost GBAtemp Fan

Jan 7, 2015
    United States
    ChoiDujourNX, toggle the System Initialize option and then downgrade to Firm 4.1 or so.

To be safe, boot into hekate bootmenu and delete your logs. Do not do this on firms over 5.x.x -- Ninten can find out.

ChoiDujourNX back to your desired firmware update and then only play with legitimately owned games while on stock firmware mode. Do not use any homebrew, etc.

--

I can't guarantee this will work, but it's the safest I can think of.

Last edited by Serfrost, Aug 9, 2018
  8. mariogamer

Aug 12, 2015
    Canada
    If you do not have a clean nand then you can do this after restoring youre original firmware with choixdujour like @Serfrost mentionned

"backup anything you need, delete all system savedata other than 8000...120; and delete entirety of USER"
    Quoted from reswitched discord, from rajkosto. He said this is the hardcorest system initialize (the official one do not get rid of a lot of things)

Milad likes this.
  9. Serfrost

Serfrost GBAtemp Fan

Jan 7, 2015
    United States
    Here's my little text guide for manually initializing the system like what you just mentioned:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Nevercholt, isoisoiso, Milad and 2 others like this.
  10. RyotaMP
    OP

RyotaMP Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2018
    France
    Thank you bro but I have just one more question : this method gonna make my switch "brand new". So I can say goodbye to all my save ?

11. mariogamer

Aug 12, 2015
    Canada
    You back them up with checkpoint/jksv and re download your legit games afterward and inject them again.

12. Serfrost

Serfrost GBAtemp Fan

Jan 7, 2015
    United States
    Yes, you can backup your saves and restore them on CFW, but you cannot do this on stock firmware. Imo it risks being logged.

13. mariogamer

Aug 12, 2015
    Canada
    They cannot detect cfw itself (for now).
    Tho they might do something about the save?

14. Serfrost

Serfrost GBAtemp Fan

Jan 7, 2015
    United States
    If you want to risk it, go ahead. But I won't tell you to do something I can't promise.

15. mariogamer

Aug 12, 2015
    Canada
    And I am not the one saying this btw. CTCaer said this already in the hekate thread.
    Tho banning someone for having a newly save is...... meh but possible, so yeah.

16. Stone-D

Stone-D Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2018
    Indonesia
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    1. Any idea what is inside "[8]000000000000[120]"?
    2. It's a fat32 drive - would there be any problem formatting it to zero all the blocks?
    3. Say I do this on a dumped image. Has HacDiskMount been proven safe to re-write it back to the NAND?

4. While I'm here... do the BIS key entries for Operations on SYSTEM apply to Dumped/Restored images, or are they only for mounting?

That's via Checkpoint/CFW... how about doing it manually by mounting the System partition via HacDiskMount? Surely that's not logged?

17. Serfrost

Serfrost GBAtemp Fan

Jan 7, 2015
    United States
    From Raj:

The ChoiDujour guide says TO NEVER FORMAT (the switch requires specific alignment rules on internal partitions).
    [8]000000000000[120] is an index of installed system titles, its required for the firmware to work.

--

I would only edit your dumped NAND and then restore it with the Boot Menu option, or edit your current NAND.

I don't know about 4 or 5.

Stone-D likes this.
  18. mariogamer

Aug 12, 2015
    Canada
    Quote from switchbrew: meta/imkvdb.arc for system partition. Cache of data extracted from the .cnmt for installed titles?(Including 816)
    not valid, see comment just before - If you do format system completely, you will end up with a bricked switch (still restorable because system is shareable)
    Hackdiskmount is proven safe. yes.

What do you mean?

I completely forgot that one. It should be perfectly safe. Tho they might find it suspicious with the playlogs being deleted. Cause who knows what Nintendo will do.

Edit: I think raw savedata partition is encrypted. So idk :/

Last edited by mariogamer, Aug 9, 2018
  19. Serfrost

Serfrost GBAtemp Fan

Jan 7, 2015
    United States
    That was my main concern earlier as well. If you want to save your games while on stock I would recommend backing up your NAND before doing CFW stuff.

20. Stone-D

Stone-D Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2018
    Indonesia
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    The two key textboxes, Crypto and Tweak. I was wondering if they are used for *just* the virtual drive or also for dump and restore operations.

I've been thinking of going that route for just making backups and maybe editing a savegame or two. I'm not keen on the upcoming cloud services but want to keep backups of my saves.