Nintendo switch boot HAKATE but no boot on stock no boot on CFW

Remi63800

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I recently installed a picofly, and after my switch no longer worked, then I replaced the CMD resistor and the switch still did not start, out of desperation I therefore reinstalled the picofly, and the switch started on Hekate, but impossible to start in OFW or CFw, I have an infinite black screen every time...

Do you have an idea ? Bad resistance somewhere?

Thank you sorry for my bad English, I'm French

_Malek_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Which firmware did you use on the chip? I had the same issue and resolved it by installing firmware 2.53.

Remi63800

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Quel firmware as-tu utilisé sur la puce ? J'ai eu le même problème et je l'ai résolu en installant le firmware 2.53.
J'utilise le dernier firmware, mais si je retire complètement le picofly le switch ne démarre pas….
Only boot in hekate with picofly , but impossible to boot in stock or CFW black screen

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
J'utilise le dernier firmware, mais si je retire complètement le picofly le switch ne démarre pas….
Only boot in hekate with picofly , but impossible to boot in stock or CFW black screen
The question was, what firmware is on the picofly. This is an English forum. Use English. Even if you need to paste it into Google Translate first. And if you don't answer questions from people who are trying to help find the cause of your issue, then you'll find that nobody will want to help you.

Sounds to me like your emmc is messed up. Do you have a backup? The connections allow the picofly to work, apparently (since you can boot into nyx), but if the system can't boot HOS on its own, you can't expect CFW to be able to (unless the reason is that you installed an older firmware, after burning fuses of a higher firmware). Could be corrupt, or maybe you somehow shorted dat0. What is the resistance on dat0?

EDIT: And... do you have a game cart installed? Remove that while troubleshooting, if so.

Last edited by urherenow,

Remi63800

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
La question était de savoir quel firmware se trouve sur le picofly. Ceci est un forum anglais. Utiliser l'anglais. Même si vous devez d'abord le coller dans Google Translate. Et si vous ne répondez pas aux questions des personnes qui tentent de trouver la cause de votre problème, vous constaterez que personne ne voudra vous aider.

Il me semble que votre emmc est foiré. Avez-vous une sauvegarde ? Les connexions permettent apparemment au picofly de fonctionner (puisque vous pouvez démarrer dans Nyx), mais si le système ne peut pas démarrer HOS tout seul, vous ne pouvez pas vous attendre à ce que CFW puisse le faire (sauf si la raison est que vous avez installé un firmware plus ancien, après avoir brûlé les fusibles d'un firmware supérieur). Peut-être qu'il est corrompu, ou peut-être avez-vous court-circuité dat0. Quelle est la résistance sur dat0 ?

EDIT : Et... avez-vous installé un panier de jeu ? Supprimez-le lors du dépannage, si c'est le cas.
My switch works well with the chip but from time to time it does not start under hekate, it starts normally, I had used very small enamelled wire, I told myself that I was going to change the wire and I made a huge mistake... I connect point C on point B and since then nothing works, after I changed the resistance of the CMD point, and the since hekate reappears but impossible to boot the OFW or even the CFW, the firmware of the picofly is 2.73, on the other hand I do not have I didn't have time today to measure the resistance of the CMD's resistance... I'll give you that tomorrow 🙏🏻, do you think she's dead for all the switch? Thank you, sorry for my language

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but none of the picofly diagrams label the connections with point a b c d.... that was the hwfly diagram. In that case, B would be rst, and I have no clue how you could wire rst to dat0. Your wire lengths would have to be wrong. But I degress... wiring any wrong thing to dat0 can mess up your emmc, as I feared (my initial thought was over-tinning your dat0 adapter, and somehow shorting dat0). So I'll ask again... do you have a backup of your emmc?

Also, what resistors are you using on cmd and dat0, on the picofly? Post a pic of your install. Then again, if OFW doesn't work, I doubt it matters at the moment. Without a full backup and/or your console's keys dumped, it might be bricked. Or at least out of my experience level.

Remi63800

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry, but none of the picofly diagrams label the connections with point a b c d.... that was the hwfly diagram. In that case, B would be rst, and I have no clue how you could wire rst to dat0. Your wire lengths would have to be wrong. But I degress... wiring any wrong thing to dat0 can mess up your emmc, as I feared (my initial thought was over-tinning your dat0 adapter, and somehow shorting dat0). So I'll ask again... do you have a backup of your emmc?

Also, what resistors are you using on cmd and dat0, on the picofly? Post a pic of your install. Then again, if OFW doesn't work, I doubt it matters at the moment. Without a full backup and/or your console's keys dumped, it might be bricked. Or at least out of my experience level.
Today I have flash with tegra explorer the 18.0 FW , sys and emu mmc ,after flash I try to start and I have error HOS bur not black screen , I try to reflasg with 17.0 and again black screen nothing message ,
I have test the resistor of CMD I have 4.46 in my multimeter
I lost …

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't ask to test CMD. If you're saying the resistor is 4.46k... I'm not an electrical engineer, so I don't know if that's in spec. It's a 4.7k ohm resistor, and it likely can't be read correctly while it's installed on the board. When it's bad, it would give you a purple screen. But with some Switches and picofly chips, you may require 97~100ohm resistors for both CMD and DAT0, and those resistors would be soldered to the picofly. Since you are unable to boot with the picofly removed, this isn't the issue you need to figure out at all.

I told you to check DAT0. Repeatedly.

Remi63800

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't ask to test CMD. If you're saying the resistor is 4.46k... I'm not an electrical engineer, so I don't know if that's in spec. It's a 4.7k ohm resistor, and it likely can't be read correctly while it's installed on the board. When it's bad, it would give you a purple screen. But with some Switches and picofly chips, you may require 97~100ohm resistors for both CMD and DAT0, and those resistors would be soldered to the picofly. Since you are unable to boot with the picofly removed, this isn't the issue you need to figure out at all.

I'm really I translate everything you say and I have trouble understanding, how to test the dat0? Thanks

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really I translate everything you say and I have trouble understanding, how to test the dat0? Thanks
Set your meter to diode mode, and read the point for the EMMC, with one of the probes on gnd or a frame. In fact, read it both ways; red on the point, and black on the point. I don't think you mentioned exactly which model you're dealing with, either. If it required an adapter under the EMMC, read it from the point on the adapter.

Remi63800

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

When I put my black prob on a mass and my red prob on the emmc point I have 0.72v
And it’s write dat0 NEW ( iam sorry )

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That seems to be ok. Are you able to dump your keys with lockpick/picklock?

EDIT: You might need to jump on Discord to find someone who can give you help in real-time...

Last edited by urherenow,

Remi63800

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That seems to be ok. Are you able to dump your keys with lockpick/picklock?

EDIT: You might need to jump on Discord to find someone who can give you help in real-time...
Yes I use lockpick this morning for reinstall the firmware
In 18.0 error when I boot
In 17.0 black screen
What is discord ?
Thanks

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RetroNX, and *maybe* Switchroot or ReSwitched... don't recall off the top of my head which ones have what kind of support channels... But anyway, I need to sleep, so you won't find me there anytime soon. If you happen to find a user "Frank" online in any of those channels, he's a hardware guru and could possibly help a lot more than me.

Remi63800

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
RetroNX, and *maybe* Switchroot or ReSwitched... don't recall off the top of my head which ones have what kind of support channels... But anyway, I need to sleep, so you won't find me there anytime soon. If you happen to find a user "Frank" online in any of those channels, he's a hardware guru and could possibly help a lot more than me.
Have good night and thanks for alls , sorry for all my bad language

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.