Cleaning mah DSL

SeanoRLY?

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So I haven't touched my DSL in a loooong time. Decided I better dust it off (literally) so I went about cleaning the screens and the outside of the case. I've got a problem though. It seems some sort of liquid has spilt inside the glossy part of the case and it seems impossible to clean. It's also managed to get itself under one of the shoulder buttons.

Anyone know how I'd go about cleaning these places? The shoulder buttons themselves have gotten a bit darker from use too. Should I think about maybe buying a new case or something? I've never case modded before, but I'm sure I could do it if I had to.

145234.jpg

145309.jpg

Cheers!

Satirical

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've had the same problem before.

What you wanna do is Unscrew EVERYTHING.

Take off the two rubber pads nexto the shoulder buttons, and unscrew the screws under them (You'll need the Tri-Wing for this, btw)

Unscrew the Battery Case (there's a screw underneath the battery) open it and there you go.

-----------------JUST MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ENOUGH PATIENCE TO PUT IT BACK TOGETHER -----------

I DIDN'T >:D

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the shoulder buttons, I would just get some QTIPS, and gently pull on the cotton part, and just swab the liquid with the cotton.

Orrr,

Wait...what kind if liquid did you use anyway?

Looks gunky.

SeanoRLY?

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brian117, I haven't attempted to clean it yet. That gunk is the dirt.

IMK, I honestly have no idea. I'm guessing I spilt some coke on the table one day and it just moved onto the DSL. I haven't touched the system since early last year.

I think I might just case mod it and by a new flashcart from dealextreme.

maybe the gunk is from that time I fapped on the bus to pr0n through moonshell.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Get a toothbrush and get the bristles under the thin layer of clear plastic. Also, fold a sheet of paper in half and try and slide it in there too, and slide it around

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay