Cleaning mah DSL

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by SeanoRLY?, Jan 27, 2009.

Jan 27, 2009

Cleaning mah DSL by SeanoRLY? at 3:04 PM (954 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. SeanoRLY?
    OP

Member SeanoRLY? GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    So I haven't touched my DSL in a loooong time. Decided I better dust it off (literally) so I went about cleaning the screens and the outside of the case. I've got a problem though. It seems some sort of liquid has spilt inside the glossy part of the case and it seems impossible to clean. It's also managed to get itself under one of the shoulder buttons.

Anyone know how I'd go about cleaning these places? The shoulder buttons themselves have gotten a bit darker from use too. Should I think about maybe buying a new case or something? I've never case modded before, but I'm sure I could do it if I had to.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cheers!

2. Satirical

Newcomer Satirical Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I've had the same problem before.

What you wanna do is Unscrew EVERYTHING.

Take off the two rubber pads nexto the shoulder buttons, and unscrew the screws under them (You'll need the Tri-Wing for this, btw)

Unscrew the Battery Case (there's a screw underneath the battery) open it and there you go.

-----------------JUST MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ENOUGH PATIENCE TO PUT IT BACK TOGETHER -----------

I DIDN'T >:D

3. Brian117

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    For the shoulder buttons, I would just get some QTIPS, and gently pull on the cotton part, and just swab the liquid with the cotton.

Orrr,

Wait...what kind if liquid did you use anyway?

Looks gunky.

4. ItsMetaKnight

Member ItsMetaKnight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Denmark
    how the hell did you make it so dirty??
    i have a launch ds lite, use it everyday, and it still looks like day one [​IMG]

5. SeanoRLY?
    OP

Member SeanoRLY? GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Brian117, I haven't attempted to clean it yet. That gunk is the dirt.

IMK, I honestly have no idea. I'm guessing I spilt some coke on the table one day and it just moved onto the DSL. I haven't touched the system since early last year.

I think I might just case mod it and by a new flashcart from dealextreme.

maybe the gunk is from that time I fapped on the bus to pr0n through moonshell.

6. science

Member science science rules

Canada
    Get a toothbrush and get the bristles under the thin layer of clear plastic. Also, fold a sheet of paper in half and try and slide it in there too, and slide it around