Homebrew Clarification Thread - What is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinLarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My good sir... I DO HOPE you are just joking... and not being serious at all.

I'm not joking. May someone please help me out? I see this on the homebrew but I have no idea what it is or how I use it. I just figured out this would be the right time and place to ask. Sorry again if I caused any issues..

Reactions: TinchoX

itsthenavy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then he made a tool that converts them to a special file type he made specifically for his program, which he developed without much other help. That file type was made to help noobs like you not brick your 3DS by installing a CIA that is not for an update. Please, stop wasting our time, your time, and bandwidth on GBATemp's server and leave.
It's not a special file type. It's a zip with metadata to make them "safer" by verifying the integrity and version of the firmware. You're blowing it up to more than it is. It's somewhat novel but I could do that, manually even, in my sleep. @JustPingo still has yet to finish KTM. Hopefully it gets there when memchunkhax2 is stabilized.

Reactions: Mrrraou

TinchoX

Azure Flame Kite
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Please don't be an ass and answer the question. I would rather repeatedly say the answer than to be an asshole for no reason to someone who doesn't want to read through 265 pages of ass.
He posted ftbrony as something he "discovered" and that might be "useful", maybe I misunderstood him and sounded like a total ass, my apologies if he's talking about something else.

Reactions: WeedZ

ShinLarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are some people that don't know what an FTP client is, or what it does..
oh! It's an FTP client? I see now. Are there any major uses for it as of yet? Am I really able to do anything at the moment worthwhile with ironHax?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Added some extra debug info.
Hint: not good news. :P

2016-01-02 22.19.29.png

2ds 9.2.0-20U
menuhax 2.1
The error message is "service access denied"

cid xiv

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
yall cunts stop sucking pingos duck seriously
It's not a special file type. It's a zip with metadata to make them "safer" by verifying the integrity and version of the firmware. You're blowing it up to more than it is. It's somewhat novel but I could do that, manually even, in my sleep. @JustPingo still has yet to finish KTM. Hopefully it gets there when memchunkhax2 is stabilized.
what he said is 100% true and proves pingo is a bigger whore then his mother

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

TinchoX

Azure Flame Kite
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm not joking. May someone please help me out? I see this on the homebrew but I have no idea what it is or how I use it. I just figured out this would be the right time and place to ask. Sorry again if I caused any issues..

Heh, you got me good there, my bad buddy, you see, ftpbrony is an app in homebrew launcher that lets you access your SDcard data from your computer, by simply using a ftp client.
The whole process isn't that very complicated, but it's rather tedious if you are not a tech savvy, or simply dominate your computer and it's terminology.

I apologize for sounding like an asshole, I really didn't meant to do it, but you know... how things are... and how trolls are everywhere, I just had a bad reaction, that's all :D

Last edited by TinchoX,

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Understandable, but why not avoiding the whole "I compare stuff with deseases" thing and keep this fun and all?
It seemed like a logical conclusion thing. This can and will lead to CFW with proper use, just like McDonalds will lead to diabetes no matter how you use it.

not even trying to be insensitive, it's just that y'all need to chill tfo sometimes. my grandmother died of it and my best friend is dyING of it if he so much as fucks up one injection so

cid xiv

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I dont know if you said duck intentionally but this is priceless
go eat a washington monument
You have serious mental issues, you need to see a doctor.
No, i am not joking, you are a menace to society.
If you really made a guy commit suicide, you are going to hell.
Please, for the love of God, just do something else,
you have caused enough trouble. Just stop.:mellow:
just call me Denis m80

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c