Homebrew Clarification Thread - What is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsthenavy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is a TTP file, if I am not mistaken.
I don't think you understand. It's a zip file with some extra bits at the front of it. It's still a zip and it can be opened as a zip. I could call it a HAX file and it's still going to be a zip.

If JustPingo has left the tool to install CIA updates, all the N00bs in the world would rejoice because they would think it is a CIA installer that lets them play their pir... I mean backups. JustPingo avoided this by changing the file type so CIAs are not recognized by KTM, so he made it Noob Safe.
It's far more likely it exists to stop people from bicking their whole system by installing corrupted or incorrect firmware. It checks and SHA sum to ensure the archive integrity and it has bits to check if it's a N3DS or O3DS firmware. It has little to do with noobs wanting piracy. This is actually somewhat thoughtful, but not remotely complex at all. If you're going venerate him, even to stick it to a troll, make sure it's for something a wee bit more deserving.

He deserves a pat on the back for looking out for the uninformed, at least. Personally I think everyone would learn more if they broke their console as a price for their own impatience and lack of understanding. It's a good motivator.

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
implying gateqway isnt the same as cfw

also yall naver came up with an answer what is this used for apart from cfw/gateway
so you cant even tell my the answer? so instead you protect him cos he has that duck you need to suck

DAMN, I never disliked someone so quickly. You must have set a new fuckin' world record for that one.

Reactions: WeedZ

vlasp01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if you are not trolling. What your method?
Bro if he says he isn't using @Steveice10 's method, he is either trolling, or he is a super-genius who found a way alternate to what Derrik explained on how to downgrade. Maybe he should post a video of him in his system settings, showing what version he is on, then loading up homebrew, showing us the application, doing the downgrade, then going to setting to show that he indeed did downgrade. If what he says is true, then the video will be the only way to prove himself. I bet you he will give an excuse on why he couldn't make a video or something.

Reactions: WeedZ and Zedjones

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting kernel access does not automatically mean service access. You can get access to all services by patching the current PID to 0, calling srvExit(), calling srvInit(), and restoring the old PID value.

I've been working on adding memchunkhax2 to libkhax, but so far, the stability has somehow seemed much worse.
finally some relevant info... have you seen this https://github.com/AlbinoDrought/memchunkhax2 ? Maybe (for now) libkhax isn't the right way to go

vlasp01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so you cant even tell my the answer? so instead you protect him cos he has that duck you need to suck
What answer? How about you leave without getting an answer and destroy all devices you have, so the internet doesn't have to deal with your sh*t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.