Hacking Clarification of twilight hack and homebrew and er stuff.

Acetic Orcein

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone, i've recently registered to leech off ask for your wonderful advice.

Ok lets see, my wii currently stands at 3.3E so indeed I am able to install the twilight hack right? I've used that 'october 23rd fix sticky' and downloaded the 3.3 file thingymajig from there. So, yes I should be able to manage that fine and the homebrew channel installation will hopefully be succesful.

Then following the instructions (I've located the ISO16 thingymajig file), do I need to put that directly onto the SD card, or into any designated folders etc?

Ok, then I can follow the further instructions, downgrade to 3.2E after and er install that starfall thing for my own protection and peace of mind.

Er so... are there any disadvantages of doing this whole homebrew thing? Well other than bricking which I plan to avoid! I've read that it can sometimes have an affect on legal (store bought) games loading in the normal disc channel, would this like... be permanent? I've read that people use Gecko OS to overcome this, so i've researched that as well. Would I have to be using that everytime to play games?

Also, since my wii is pal, if I buy a pal game like Guitar hero and it asks me to update, that'd be safe to do so right? because... they are from the same region.

Sorry, for asking such possibly obvious questions, though these for me require the most clarification...

Thank you very much for your time.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Acetic Orcein said:
Hello everyone, i've recently registered to leech off ask for your wonderful advice.

Ok lets see, my wii currently stands at 3.3E so indeed I am able to install the twilight hack right? YES the beta version I've used that 'october 23rd fix sticky' and downloaded the 3.3 file thingymajig from there HUH?. So, yes I should be able to manage that fine and the homebrew channel installation will hopefully be succesful.

Then following the instructions (I've located the ISO16 thingymajig file), do I need to put that directly onto the SD card, or into any designated folders etc? IF you've already downgraded or fixed your IOS's you don't need 16

Ok, then I can follow the further instructions, downgrade to 3.2E after and er install that starfall thing for my own protection and peace of mind. good, and keep TP-hack installed.

Er so... are there any disadvantages of doing this whole homebrew thing? Well other than bricking which I plan to avoid! I've read that it can sometimes have an affect on legal (store bought) games loading in the normal disc channel, would this like... be permanent? no, it's rare and is fixed after a full power cycle (aka unplugging the wii for about 10 seconds) I've read that people use Gecko OS to overcome this, so i've researched that as well. Would I have to be using that everytime to play games? no

Also, since my wii is pal, if I buy a pal game like Guitar hero and it asks me to update, that'd be safe to do so right? once you're on 3.2 with the starfall patches it won't ask you to update, you may need to manually update for a few gamesbecause... they are from the same region. it would be fine to do, but it would erase starfall and possibly other things

Sorry, for asking such possibly obvious questions, though these for me require the most clarification...

Thank you very much for your time.

Acetic Orcein

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I've used that 'october 23rd fix sticky' and downloaded the 3.3 file thingymajig from there
I mean '3.3u_Update_Fix_____WITH_out______IOS16' file.

Yay! Thank you very much for your reply! It has been very useful.

Acetic Orcein

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yay ok so I've followed all the steps from the 'october 23rd fix sticky'.
Homebrew Channel installed etc, downgraded to 3.2E and installed the starfall patches succesfully.

Yeah so erm I installed the wiigator wad in the '3.3u_Update_Fix_____WITH_out______IOS16' file, so is that a back up launcher? Is it outdated? Because now I have a different question regarding the 'backup launcher 0.3 gamma' installation.

So I downloaded the file and have placed the Backup_Launcher and CIOS_Installer in the apps directory of the SD card. So... all I need to do now is go to the hbc and install them.

Now, would that destroy anything/brick me or undo any of the changes I did while following the instructions from the 'october 23rd fix sticky'. So yeah just to confirm i'm currently on 3.2E.

I'd just like to make sure lol. I'm sorry for asking all these questions, but I couldnt find anything that explicity covered this.
The thing that confuses me the most is the cios_fix.wad I installed following the sticky's instructions, I just wonder if that is gonna affect the CIOS_Installer...

Thank you very much for your time! I am very grateful.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Acetic Orcein said:
Yay ok so I've followed all the steps from the 'october 23rd fix sticky'.
Homebrew Channel installed etc, downgraded to 3.2E and installed the starfall patches succesfully.

Yeah so erm I installed the wiigator wad in the '3.3u_Update_Fix_____WITH_out______IOS16' file, so is that a back up launcher? Is it outdated? Because now I have a different question regarding the 'backup launcher 0.3 gamma' installation.

So I downloaded the file and have placed the Backup_Launcher and CIOS_Installer in the apps directory of the SD card. So... all I need to do now is go to the hbc and install them.

Now, would that destroy anything/brick me or undo any of the changes I did while following the instructions from the 'october 23rd fix sticky'. So yeah just to confirm i'm currently on 3.2E.

I'd just like to make sure lol. I'm sorry for asking all these questions, but I couldnt find anything that explicity covered this.
The thing that confuses me the most is the cios_fix.wad I installed following the sticky's instructions, I just wonder if that is gonna affect the CIOS_Installer...

Thank you very much for your time! I am very grateful.

you should prolly just pm djtaz since youre toying with his files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay