Gaming CK3 Pro and Probe usb driver woes

Chinman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, i received one of these to flash my mates liteon drive, and followed the tutorial word for word, but it seems like my pc does not detect it when i plug in the usb, there was no unknown device found before installation of the driver and was still not detected after installing the usb drivers, its as if i didnt even plug it in. i have scoured the forums for answers and have tried all the different solutions. different cables, different usb ports, cycling the ck3, moving the drawer more slightly in and out, tried a different computer, and still no joy. there was one reboot where it was detected but didnt work after i installed the drivers, but have not got it to detect again. i have seen other forums where other people have the exact same problem, but there are no cases where there was a clear answer to how they fixed it, most of the time it was a case of it just started working.

i am pretty sure i was careful to wire up the device properly, and that it is not one of the faulty ones where the chip overheats, no heat and no burning smells here.

i'd appreciate it if anyone has had this problem can share how they fixed it, i have already ordered a serial cable to do it that way but would love to flash it using the usb method as intended for future use

Thanks for reading

fyi: when i open jungleflasher i can see the drive via the sata card but when i select the com port, only com 1 and 2 are the serial ports and not the usb, usually its com 3 according to other people

Chinman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
bought a serial cable for 2 quid, and worked perfectly. can only assume the usb chip or port on the ck3 pro was faulty, disappointing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.