Homebrew Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

xiraiya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just did a fresh install of the latest Bleeding Edge official buiild and then installed gdmk Nov 21 Build and I'm getting crashes in Pokemon Sun nonstop. The first time I ran it I got about 3 or 4 minutes of play time and it seemed like the whole slowing down over time thing was no longer happening, since my game would get slower constantly as I loaded more stuff.

Aside from that it seems... well I wouldn't say faster, but more consistant than it was before, it's just the crashing now.

Unfortunate than a September JIT build has still been the most reliable one so far even with a memory leak.

I've been getting the JIT builds from a youtube channel that had been pretty good about explaining things and providing links to necessary builds.

Last edited by xiraiya,

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone good to open a new topic on Compiling Citra under MinGW ?
I'm not much good spelling are putting my wording earthly.
But I can help out.

Anyone who's successfully compiled one would be best place to start.

Last edited by drwhojan,

xiraiya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DestinyFeather might be right, I went and pulled the Nand from the Sep 24 Build I had been using before updating to nov21 and the crashing seems to have stopped, so apparently the Nand in the Nov20 and 21 builds seem to be different or broken somehow since a lot of people have been having issues with those two.

matis256

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
what i don't understand is that with the version 2 speed citra i find on YouTube it has no problems and with the newest version it crashes all the time
so what's wrong with that ? it did get fixed but it happens again with later versions
no logic

matis256

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
okay i have taken the nand folder from the version 2 speed citra and put it on the 21.11 version and it now don't crash for 5 minutes when previously it did crash instantly
so i hope it holds :)

xiraiya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Figuring out the JIT build stuff and what works and what doesn't is quite a puzzle, most people are going to go to some random on Youtube that is providing them with a build over coming here and figuring out what works, especially when all the github stuff is like "You can... build it yourself!" ...that's so daunting for people and impractical for testing and figuring out what works quickly.

okay i have taken the nand folder from the version 2 speed citra and put it on the 21.11 version and it now don't crash for 5 minutes when previously it did crash instantly
Good luck, I'd be careful about messing with that stuff, but a nand from the last working version *seems* to be doing the trick.

Last edited by xiraiya,

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DestinyFeather might be right, I went and pulled the Nand from the Sep 24 Build I had been using before updating to nov21 and the crashing seems to have stopped, so apparently the Nand in the Nov20 and 21 builds seem to be different or broken somehow since a lot of people have been having issues with those two.

The main User folder has a lot of fines, that cannot be shred here for legal regions.
But the good user folder will have all the NAND files and sysdata/shared_font.bin <- 3MB will be the correct size and should be extracted from a .zip is lowered to 1.6mb then replace with the 3mb one .

X Virus

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
That person is probably missing the NAND or not using 21

You manage to run games on 21-11 chinese build for 2 hours without crash/error,may i know did you replace the user folder of 21-11 build using 24-9 or 15-9 build's user folder?Or you just use the 21-11 build user folder?The latest chinese build's user folder got "bug" which cause the S/M keep on freezing after booting right?

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone good at cleaning up the dobbles ?, attached thanks.
Code:
G:\citra\src\citra_qt\configure_graphics.ui: Warning: The name 'verticalLayout_2                              
' (QVBoxLayout) is already in use, defaulting to 'verticalLayout_21'.
G:\citra\src\citra_qt\configure_graphics.ui: Warning: The name 'horizontalLayout                              
_3' (QHBoxLayout) is already in use, defaulting to 'horizontalLayout_31'.
[ 86%] Generating ui_configure_system.h
[ 86%] Generating ui_configure_input.h
G:\citra\src\citra_qt\configure_input.ui: Warning: The name 'label_34' (QLabel)                                
is already in use, defaulting to 'label_341'.
G:\citra\src\citra_qt\configure_input.ui: Warning: Z-order assignment: '' is not                                
a valid widget.
[ 87%] Generating ui_configure_layout.h
G:\citra\src\citra_qt\configure_layout.ui: Warning: The name 'horizontalLayout_3                              
' (QHBoxLayout) is already in use, defaulting to 'horizontalLayout_31'.
G:\citra\src\citra_qt\configure_layout.ui: Warning: The name 'groupBox' (QGroupB                              
ox) is already in use, defaulting to 'groupBox1'.

Attachments

• configure_graphics.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 115

X Virus

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia

Actually you should use user folder or maybe just the nand folder from 24-9 chinese to put in 21-11 build folder,since it is more stable than the version 2 speed build,i think that version 2 speed build nand folder will cause your 21-11 build have random freeze as well even it will not crash immediately , maybe after half an hour or 1 hour,on the other hand ,i think the user folder from 24-9 build will run your game without any random freeze at all if you put/replace it into 21-11 build folder

X Virus

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
i can try yes is it possible if you could upload the 24-9 chinese build for me thanks

If you can found 21-11 build,then you should be able to find 24-9 build as well right?I don't have any build except latest chinese build,i deleted older build whenever there are updates,sorry about that

Last edited by X Virus,

matis256

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
well if i just joined and gotten a direct link to the latest version it's a bit hard to know where i can find the 24.9 build i think :)

tet666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
For example project x zone, kid icarus, senran kagura burst, and other games which i test. Best build at this moment is which @drwhojan posted right now or Citra-GCCKU By Dampih-24.10.2016 .

Similar results here but GMKs built is noticeably better for the Bravely Default games for me though

pseudonymous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do G*MK's builds target Bravely Default and the pkmn games specifically, or is it just an effort to speedup everything? The translated conversations on baidu aren't that clear to me :huh:
edit: also this thread is huge-ish

Last edited by pseudonymous,

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lot quicker to just rebuild and edit cmakelist.txt for Flag building, just use the last two lines only
Code:
cmake -G "MSYS Makefiles" -DMINGW_STATIC_BUILD= -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ..
make -j4

Even though not really a problem, think I did liking the needed .dll s wrong ^ ?
No where in the build folder, only citra .exe s

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @The Real Jdbye Wouldn't that take out bunch other stuff also?
  • D @ dadadad:
    Is it safe to delete the entire atmosphere folder? I don't remember what else was there, like edizon and tesla menu are installed through atmosphere, is it not a problem, will I not damage the system? There were too many mods, I won’t be able to contact each one, nothing was said about deleting in the description.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa nothing that can't easily be replaced
    +1
    @dadadad no don't do that
    that will reset the configs
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    where can i find a clean copy of the mii maker for the wii u (EU)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Arne214, We don't ask for roms.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    The installation was only through rofms and in the game folder in content. What else can I do?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I already told them about that and yet they make a thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Well I'm sure the mods will take care of it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUvdXxhLPa8