Citra: Strange behaviour of custom textures in relation to the internal resolution

moonblood666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

So I've been using the FE Fates HD textures mod and encountered strange behaviour in Citra. The mod itself uses 4x upscaled textures and it seems that Citra cannot properly downscale them when using a lower than 4x render resolution. In other words: the textures disappear in lower than 4x render resolution. Only 4x render resolution works. So does it mean the render resolution needs to match the upscaling factor of any given custom texture?

I've downscaled the textures above to 75% or in other words 3 times their original resolution and tested it while using a 3x render resolution. Much to my surprise the textures weren't even recognized by the game, loading the standard textures instead. I've tried to downscale them further to 2x of the original resolution and that did the trick. So the question is: do custom textures need to be multiplied by 2 to work in Citra? So 2x, 4x, 8x and so on? 3x and so on doesn't work? Or is it dependent on the game?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1