Final Fantasy X International (NTSC-J) X4 Texture Pack

NullMechanism

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

An AI upscaled and Remaster backported texture pack, comes in a preconfigured build of a PCSX2 emulator v1.7.3317 archived and spit into 4 parts.

-For FF X International NTSC-J (SLPS-25088) only.
-Best played on SSD, playing on HDD wil result in a lot of texture pop-in.
-The texture pack is 49 GB, this is because of the way PCSX2 dumps FFX textures(duplicates and split single files).
-Textures are upscaled 4x(field)-8x(monsters,npc)-16x(skyboxes, main characters) times compared to original(256x256).
-Field textures are AI upscaled, most of the creature and NPCs textures are backported from Remaster HD mod by Fraggoso with some tweaks. Main character textures are also backported but are heavilly edited as well
-The texture pack comes in a preconfigured build of a PCSX2 emulator v1.7.3317, with a custom reshade preset(used in this video).
-You can disable reshade by choosing renderer other than DX11-12(or manually deleting the reshade files) in the emulator settings.
-Contains complete expert sphere grid walkthrough memory card files- "memcards - complete walkthrough" - so you can test the texture pack from any point in the game
-Does not contain iso or bios files.

pcsx2-qtx64-avx2-2023-02-26-13-18-57.jpg
pcsx2-qtx64-avx2-2023-02-26-13-12-57.jpg
pcsx2-qtx64-avx2-2023-02-26-13-17-20.jpg
pcsx2-qtx64-avx2-2023-02-26-13-11-34.jpg
pcsx2-qtx64-avx2-2023-02-26-13-15-00.jpg
pcsx2-qtx64-avx2-2023-02-26-13-17-59.jpg

ul7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I'll ask the dumb questions first, then strikethrough the things I find out myself, updating as needed.
The idea here, is hopefully others might have similar questions and can understand my methodology and glean some value from that.

When you say, "preconfigured build of a PCSX2 emulator v1.7.3317 archived and split into 4 parts", what does that mean in regard to the texture pack?
Is it all baked in or something?
Can you clarify for the dumb people like me?

EDIT: The answer is yes. It's the "Emulator (.exe for Windows)" + "the texture pack".

I guess I'm trying to understand how to apply this to my Steam Deck.
I'll download these massive files and reach out for questions, if I have any.
I'm assuming there are expectations I should know in how to get this working.
I'll figure that out and pop back in here if I have time.
Additionally, I'll update with anything I learn.

EDIT: Pretty straightforward. Just download, put all 4 files in one directory, then unzip the #1 file and all others should automatically unzip with no additional action. This is targeting Windows usage, since it's using the .exe version of PCSX2.

For more context, I have an undubbed version of FFX International (Japan) with exact SN and Region you've referenced.
My goal would be to make this game look as great as possible on the Steam Deck vs the native emulator options.
Steam Deck I believe, can scale to 1080p but 720p is fine with me as well.

Will this texture pack scale down to 1080p, even if the target resolution is 4K?
EDIT: I think the answer is yes, provided everything works for the device/OS this package is targeting.

Would you happen to know if this texture pack can help me reach my goals for beautifying it on the Steam Deck?
EDIT: I wasn't able to to have much success in getting this work for the Steam Deck.

Steam Deck uses Linux by default, so hopefully that's helpful to know.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by ul7,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: