Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone, is there a way to use Poke Bank or any other ''illegal'' version you can use to transfer Pokemons on Citra from GEN 3-6.
Thanks in advance
Sadly no. PokeBank is an online service. Citra doesn't have support for online compatibility. There is no plan for them to add online compatibility in the future since the emulator isn't finish.

The only way you can transfer Pokemon from Gen 3 to 6 or 7 is use PKHex. Just copy all stats and abilities of your Pokemon from Gen 3.
Just a reminder that PKHex requires your save file. So if you load PKHex and create a pokemon without save, it won't distribute to your save file.

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by Miguel Gomez,

brutes7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Sadly no. PokeBank is an online service. Citra doesn't have support for online compatibility. There is no plan for them to add online compatibility in the future since the emulator isn't finish.

The only way you can transfer Pokemon from Gen 3 to 6 or 7 is use PKHex. Just copy all stats and abilities of your Pokemon from Gen 3.
Just a reminder that PKHex requires your save file. So if you load PKHex and create a pokemon without save, it won't distribute to your save file.

So I have to play older games and use that save file? If I understand correctly?

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
So I have to play older games and use that save file? If I understand correctly?
Well. If that's what you want?
You said you want to transfer Pokemon from Gen 3 to Gen 6? Use PKHex, copy all the abilities and stats of your Gen 3 Pokemon to Gen 6. There are some guides on how to use PKHex on Youtube.

DestinyFeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pkhex can dump all the pokemon out of older save files from gen 1 to 7, even pokemon XD Gale of Darkness and add them to a database on your computer. From there you can inject your Pokemon into any save file that supports it en masse. That's how I have all my Pokemon from older games in Pokemon Sun and Moon including a shiny RNG'd Jirachi that I sent from the Dolphin emulator from the Pokemon Colosseum bonus disc to linked VBA emulator and then transferred out of Pokemon Emerald. Please read up on this, it's not relevant to the thread.

harmoney85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have downloaded these files, but I don't know how to use them for the latest citra bleeding edge.
Can you tell me how I use them?

Attachments

• citraa.png
    citraa.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 210

LucarioWolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's cool but for some reason my laptop doesn't have OpenGL so it would start up. i mostly use DirectX but opengl is something i never used before.

jroweboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's cool but for some reason my laptop doesn't have OpenGL so it would start up. i mostly use DirectX but opengl is something i never used before.
You dont use opengl nor do you use directx. Programs you run use them instead. They are apis that are implemented by your graphics card driver, which if you dont have one, then its provided by your integrated graphics driver. (Little more complicated than that but hard to type on the phone) Downloading the source code of citra wont change the gl 3.3 requirement. Only thing you can do is get a better graphics card. If your card does support gl3.3 then you might just have out of date drivers. Updating them usually helps. In your case, since its a laptop, Im guessing all you can do is buy a new one

LucarioWolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You dont use opengl nor do you use directx. Programs you run use them instead. They are apis that are implemented by your graphics card driver, which if you dont have one, then its provided by your integrated graphics driver. (Little more complicated than that but hard to type on the phone) Downloading the source code of citra wont change the gl 3.3 requirement. Only thing you can do is get a better graphics card. If your card does support gl3.3 then you might just have out of date drivers. Updating them usually helps. In your case, since its a laptop, Im guessing all you can do is buy a new one
Welp... There's nothing I can do about it, also I already knew how gl and directx works so yeah no comment from me for now.

harmoney85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The files you download are source codes of the build which needed to compile with Visual Studio.
Download CitraSetup.exe. Don't worry, it won't give you virus.

Thanks! But I've got to face another problem.
When I try to compile those files with cmake, error keeps happening.
I have both used cmake 3.7.2 and 3.3.2. But both of them fails to compile the files. And I have tried on both windows 7 and 10 but still doesn't work. Below is the log that shows whenever I try.
Can anyone tell me what do I have to do to solve this?

The C compiler identification is unknown The CXX compiler identification is unknown CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:36 (project): No CMAKE_C_COMPILER could be found.

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:36 (project): No CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER could be found.

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred! See also "C:/Users/Administrator/citra-nightly/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log". See also "C:/Users/Administrator/citra-nightly/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".

Last edited by harmoney85,

emmauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
Thanks! But I've got to face another problem.
When I try to compile those files with cmake, error keeps happening.
I have both used cmake 3.7.2 and 3.3.2. But both of them fails to compile the files. And I have tried on both windows 7 and 10 but still doesn't work. Below is the log that shows whenever I try.
Can anyone tell me what do I have to do to solve this?

The C compiler identification is unknown The CXX compiler identification is unknown CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:36 (project): No CMAKE_C_COMPILER could be found.

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:36 (project): No CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER could be found.

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred! See also "C:/Users/Administrator/citra-nightly/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log". See also "C:/Users/Administrator/citra-nightly/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
install either VS or mingw. follow the guide here https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/wiki/Building-For-Windows

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk