Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Make sure you have a nand dump from a real 3DS in your user folder.
Check this site to see what the folder layout should look like.
https://citra-emu.org/wiki/Home-Folder

Thanks for the reply, although it turned out that it was indeed a GFX Card Driver issue. I knew my drivers weren't up-to-date, but they were far more outdated than I thought, yet all my pc games are working just fine, so it didn't immediately cross my mind.

Both Pokémon X and Omega Ruby aren't running half bad I have to say; Fps is certainly jumpy in some locations, but they both seem to run decently.

Alright, I got to test the games properly which is what I wanted, I'm satisfied for now:) Thanks for the replies guys.

X Virus

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
:cry:sorry to hear about the result of it.......BTW, @Demig0d , @LG_ and @rbm666 ,are you sure all of you follow the step in baidu for testing the rom?Yes,as mention by the chinese,it still have a little error like random crashing ,but they had give a guide on how to avoid crash ......

Last edited by X Virus,

X Virus

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
<snip>

It is about the blackscreen error oras 721 as you exiting peterburg woods,those who are baidu users can ask for help at there ,try with chinese build before 1st of June if possible ,since the older build on April and May just have little random crashing error(you try to save on random spot maybe),some chinese said choose mandarin as the game's language have no problem in exiting that forest,but if choose english they will encounter the blackscreen,which is mention at the link i given above,i just translate whatever they said,i not sure correct or not,sorry if not working again :sleep:

Last edited by raulpica, , Reason: Removed link to community about chinese builds -rp

colonel_shults

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am implementing motion sensor emulation: https://github.com/wwylele/citra/pull/2 Anyone would like to try it?
I've tried it on Professor Layton and the miracle mask, it seems to work, but DAMN it slow... even in HW mode, and very often it gives me errors in console that wouldn't let me continue the game, idk maybe i just compiled it wrong

latios10s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pokemon oras Rustboro city is the only town that has a texture error on each citra build which causes it to hang on a black screen. Pokemon x has a common error on freezing when ever you receive something a item or pokemon. The Chinese 721 rom might have a texture patch or something that our build has being missing.

X Virus

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Pokemon oras Rustboro city is the only town that has a texture error on each citra build which causes it to hang on a black screen. Pokemon x has a common error on freezing when ever you receive something a item or pokemon. The Chinese 721 rom might have a texture patch or something that our build has being missing.

Maybe Chinese oras 721 rom only "playable but not stable " with chinese build ( 11th of May build ) in Chinese Language.They have many different tricks to avoid random crash actually , try google translate their baidu can help you a lot if you really want to go for it...

lesanae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There's motion sensor in the new Chinese build. How do I use it?
EDIT: Nevermind. Just right click and move it like you are dragging something to the left or the right.

Last edited by lesanae,

Demig0d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
:cry:sorry to hear about the result of it.......BTW, @Demig0d , @LG_ and @rbm666 ,are you sure all of you follow the step in baidu for testing the rom?Yes,as mention by the chinese,it still have a little error like random crashing ,but they had give a guide on how to avoid crash ......

Actually I didn't know there were guidelines, I'll try follow them and post results today. Do you know a way to change the game to Mandarin mid-way? I'm guessing PKHEX is the only way.

Last edited by Demig0d,

X Virus

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Actually I didn't know there were guidelines, I'll try follow them and post results today. Do you know a way to change the game to Mandarin mid-way? I'm guessing PKHEX is the only way.

How far do you reach?you cannot start a new game with chinese language?Erm,i heard PKHEX does not help in changing both language and sex when you reach in game for that rom,so,by beginning a new journey with Male character in Chinese and i think it have 50% chance to avoid the blackscreen error(if you google translate the baidu link from my last few post you will get it,and by the time you start new game,press "s" to rush so that you run faster for saving your time ) ,and wait a minutes.....may i know you are playing easy mode or hard mode?:mellow:

Last edited by X Virus,

rbm666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
No point playing a game in a language you don't understand. Also it makes no sense that a language change will fix a texture error.

D

Deleted User

This Rev is amazing , speedup of game , language Selection (i can now play with tha language i want :) ) , input configuration , fullscreen mod ...

Why the official REV of citra don't integrate language selection and Fullscreen mode?

And why not implemented the Configuration touch in the input ?

shump21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a "fix" sort of to the petalburg woods crash. Download pkhex, open your save, go to trainer info and change the language to either Japanese or Korean. Then export the save into the citra folder. Using the 6/13 version of citra and 721 oras I've found this to work. Although, if I try to set the language back to English, even in rustboro, the game freezes to a black screem and plays the same music you hear while failing to exit petalburg woods

Reactions: rbm666

rbm666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Can someone give me a link to pkhex and explain how to use it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I found a "fix" sort of to the petalburg woods crash. Download pkhex, open your save, go to trainer info and change the language to either Japanese or Korean. Then export the save into the citra folder. Using the 6/13 version of citra and 721 oras I've found this to work. Although, if I try to set the language back to English, even in rustboro, the game freezes to a black screem and plays the same music you hear while failing to exit petalburg woods

Where to find my save?

shump21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y