Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

rbm666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
So I decrpted the cia file and made a 3ds one. Used the chinese build of 2016-6-13, and it stills crashes while getting out of petalburg woods. Don't know if it's cause i used my omega ruby save file for alpha sapphire but I'll try starting a new game and see if it works. Can someone post the build which reportedly has been used to clear the game?

Demig0d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
So I'm testing OR 721 on the Chinese version build 5-3-2016. It crashes pretty much every 3 minutes. Any ideas on how to deal with that?

Last edited by Demig0d,

Demig0d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
Can anyone tell me how to run the sse3 or avx on the Chinese build? When I click on them they open and disappear.

emmauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
i dont think oras721 is different from the original with regards to citra performance. it may even be worse.why dont you guys wait and play it on the original, that way there would be good feedback for the devs.using custom builds is okay too, but we first need to look at how it was done, instead of what it can do.we all know the the chinese builds used gcc with sse optimizations,and a pr implementing this was posted on github.using oras721 wont help the devs.you might as well play it on the 3ds

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't need to upload it haha, you can get it here: http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_fo...cc70c2d7e72e9&attachmentid=40162&d=1448735428
Also, you need Python 2.7 installed to use it https://www.python.org/download/releases/2.7/

This is what you must do:
1. Extract the files
2. Copy the .cia file to the same folder of the "3DS To CIA Converter.bat" file
3. Run the "3DS To CIA Converter.bat"
4. Press 3, and then enter (to select the converter options)
5. Press 6, and then enter (to select CIA to 3DS converter)
6. Type in (or paste) the EXACT name of the file .cia (exemple: PAWKÉMAUN_EX_PLUS_ADVANCED_NOTSOCOOL.cia, don't forget to type the .cia at the end), and then enter
7. Wait... really, this could take some minutes...
8. You will get some kind of error message at the end (always, just ignore)
9. Done, the new .3DS file will be in the same folder the original .cia was
10. Test ;)

It will work ? Will encrypt CIA file to encrypt 3DS works too ? Out of curiosity.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

LG_

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've tested 3 versions of ORAS on 25 different builds (yeah, plenty of time to waste here...):

- 5 last chinese builds: all crash in the same event (going out of the Woods), almost o difference on performance
- 10 last nightly builds (up to 16/06): still dead
- 10 random older public builds: even more dead

So yeah, have patience ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It will work ? Does encryption CIA file to encryption 3DS works too ? Out of curiosity.
If you have an encrypted .CIA ROM and use these steps, the output will be a playable .3DS ROM ready to use on Citra

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tested 3 versions of ORAS on 25 different builds (yeah, plenty of time to waste here...):

- 5 last chinese builds: all crash in the same event (going out of the Woods), almost o difference on performance

If you have an encrypted .CIA ROM and use these steps, the output will be a playable .3DS ROM ready to use on Citra

No, I am not talking about decrypted .CIA rom. I have an ENCRYPTED .CIA and I want to turn it into ENCRYPTED .3DS. Nothing to do with Citra emu. I don't want Citra. I just want encrypted .CIA to turn into encrypted .3DS. I know that Citra runs only decrypted rooms but I am talking about an ENCRYPTED .CIA and want it to turn into ENCRYPTED .3DS file.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

emmauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
No, I am not talking about decrypted .CIA rom. I have a ENCRYPTED .CIA and I want to turn it into ENCRYPTED .3DS. I know that Citra runs only decrypted rooms but I am talking about an ENCRYPTED .CIA and want it to turn into ENCRYPTED .3DS file.
if the cia is encrypted, it will only produce an encrypted 3ds file(ie x-temp.3ds file), and will not be unpacked.a decrypted cia will only produced a decrypted 3ds file, and will repack it with an exheader.

LG_

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No, I am not talking about decrypted .CIA rom. I have an ENCRYPTED .CIA and I want to turn it into ENCRYPTED .3DS. Nothing to do with Citra emu. I don't want Citra. I just want encrypted .CIA to turn into encrypted .3DS. I know that Citra runs only decrypted rooms but I am talking about an ENCRYPTED .CIA and want it to turn into ENCRYPTED .3DS file.
The only CIA to 3DS converter in this tool decrypt the ROMs, I don't know if it's possible to just convert without decrypting (there is no option for this in the menus)

rbm666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria

Dude did you use the 721 version?

LG_

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
if the cia is encrypted, it will only produce an encrypted 3ds file(ie x-temp.3ds file), and will not be unpacked.a decrypted cia will only produced a decrypted 3ds file, and will repack it with an exheader.
That's strange, 3 of the ROMs I've here are encrypted and the conversion gave me the same 3 ROMs decrypted o.O

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Do you know the program to do that ? Can Windows do that without actually 3DS?

The only CIA to 3DS converter in this tool decrypt the ROMs, I don't know if it's possible to just convert without decrypting (there is no option for this in the menus)

Can you test to see if its possible ? I would love to know before I try. :)

LG_

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Dude did you use the 721 version?
I've used the same version of the game they used but without the 721whatever modification they made. Also, I don't think the version of the game is what they used to "fix" the freeze exiting the Woods, so we can all calm down and wait for "nightly" miracles

Do you know the program to do that ? Can Windows do that without actually 3DS?

Can you test to see if its possible ? I would love to know before I try. :)
I'm rendering some videos now haha. I'll see if it's possible when is done

Demig0d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
I've used the same version of the game they used but without the 721whatever modification they made. Also, I don't think the version of the game is what they used to "fix" the freeze exiting the Woods, so we can all calm down and wait for "nightly" miracles

You said the last 5 Chinese builds crash in the woods, is there any Chinese build that bypasses the woods?

LG_

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You said the last 5 Chinese builds crash in the woods, is there any Chinese build that bypasses the woods?
Someone here said that a "miracle" build can do it, but so far: nope.

Last edited by LG_,

rbm666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I don't think there's any way to bypass the petalburg woods. The person in the chinese post is using the "HD pokemon edition build" found in <snip> site. I tried it with the 721 version. Still black screen while trying to pass petalburg woods.

Last edited by raulpica, , Reason: No naming -rp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol