Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by bunnei, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Slidingbass

Slidingbass GBAtemp Regular

Nov 25, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Appveyor has been queing windows builds for a week now.

2. drwhojan

drwhojan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 14, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Where I Am!
    Also just a very small "clang-format" clean up fix too is needed.

Err edit i'm a dump shit, that's "travis" build i was taking about xd.
    ----
    Also See @wwylele is working on a new DSP toy too
    https://github.com/wwylele/teakra

Although I compiled it only "dsptester" Part, It just gave a crash Message on 3DS, I don't think his code is complete yet..

I took a look at Pokemon X in HEX editor "Tex-staring", It seems to be Using DSP:: DSP Only and NO HLE are LLE Unless it has a Hidden Compression are encryption of some sort ?.

Last edited by drwhojan, Jan 29, 2018
    xmeee978 likes this.
  3. saad123

saad123 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2018
    Morocco
    any progress about fixing pokemon x and y now

4. Miguel Gomez

Miguel Gomez GBAtemp Addict

Jan 10, 2016
    Planet Earth
    They've already mentioned it like few pages ago(around 349 or 350)

5. vsub

vsub Member

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2016
    If someone is curious to know about the status of Bravely Second,I just cleared the whole game without any problems while using "Citra Nightly | HEAD-79dca3d",the mingw version(I get more speed from it rather than with the msvc version)

NiagA and AceofZeroz like this.
  6. Slidingbass

Nov 25, 2017
    United Kingdom
    I have a question why do certain parts of games speed up when changing the ticks like the intros in Pokemon and Monster Hunter games. I assume different games will require different number of ticks to run smoothly. Is there a solution to this like there was to DSP (LLE'ing it). An in depth explanation would be appreciated.

7. Wrzl

Wrzl Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2018
    Antarctica
    This should answer most of your questions.

Slidingbass likes this.
  8. aevans0001

aevans0001 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2011
    United States
    Anyone here know what parts of the bios I need to copy over?

9. Senjosei

Senjosei Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2018
    Australia
    Null Pointer Exception HELL
    Just a small update to the texture scaling feature. I finally figured out whats causing all the artifacts, turns out 3ds does some weird texture data stuff that xBRz doesnt expect. I patched the xBRz to account for these edge cases so everything should be fine.
    Have some screenshots ☆*:.。.o(≧▽≦)o.。.:*☆
    citra-qt_2018-02-05_07-23-40.png citra-qt_2018-02-05_07-24-08.jpg citra-qt_2018-02-05_07-26-02.png citra-qt_2018-02-05_07-27-16.jpg citra-qt_2018-02-05_07-29-26.jpg citra-qt_2018-02-05_07-31-42.png citra-qt_2018-02-05_07-33-25.jpg citra-qt_2018-02-05_07-33-47.jpg

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Err... i meant to post this on the unnoficial build thread whoops

10. jroweboy

jroweboy GBAtemp Regular

Oct 23, 2016
    United States
    What bug was it? Also making it official is but a pull request away :P

NiagA likes this.
  11. Senjosei

Senjosei Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2018
    Australia
    Null Pointer Exception HELL
    in xbrz if a pixel has 0 alpha it completely iqnores it and just returns 0 even if it has other color data inside it. i just made some color data checking instead of immediately returning 0. Also idk if its bcuz the ETC1 compression or its just like that, some texture has alpha holes that xbrz also threats weirdly. I'll make the PR after texcache2 gets merged and i make my code 'presentable' :rofl2:. Theres also the problem of video upscaling i tried detecting them and not scaling it but idk if it'll apply to everything. From my games theres only 1 game poke oras that does video differently so it still gets upscaled. Dont know if other games behaves like that too

Last edited by Senjosei, Feb 4, 2018
    TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  12. jroweboy

jroweboy GBAtemp Regular

Oct 23, 2016
    United States
    Hey, I pushed out a fix for some multiplayer games. It's live on canary give it shot

13. I''S

I''S Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2006
    Italy
    Is it normal this ghost effect with Fire Emblem Awakening? With Fire Emblem Fates I don't have this effect.
    fire1.JPG fire2.JPG

14. jroweboy

jroweboy GBAtemp Regular

Oct 23, 2016
    United States
    We've looked into this, and its the game thats drawing it this way. Its possible citra has some misconfiguration thats causing the game to do this, but the ghosting is something the game is intending to draw.

In other news, I got rid of the black log window on windows, check it out in the latest canary.

jamieyello and Lunos like this.
  15. jamieyello

jamieyello Professional Dumbass

Mar 11, 2013
    United States
    That seems like a bizarre way to do bloom.

If I had to guess, I'd have to say that the game is drawing the characters multiple times from a buffer very transparently and then blurring them for bloom. I'm guessing for whatever reason it's not doing the blurring properly. Maybe it's just the upscaling, and there isn't any blur. What do you think @jroweboy? :P

[​IMG]

Last edited by jamieyello, Feb 21, 2018
    TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  16. JohnJohn3484

JohnJohn3484 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2017
    Greece
    I noticed that in the latest canary the multiplayer menu isn't there anymore. I used a slightly older canary to link two omega ruby games. My friend connected successfully to the room but neither of us can see the other in the passerby section of pss. Am i doing something wrong?

Last edited by JohnJohn3484, Feb 23, 2018
  17. Miguel Gomez

Miguel Gomez GBAtemp Addict

Jan 10, 2016
    Planet Earth
    Seems that they're updating the multiplayer feature. I suggest you and your friend use older builds with multiplayer or wait for the next Canary build.

18. JohnJohn3484

JohnJohn3484 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2017
    Greece
    That's what we did. We used older canary builds, he connected to my room but i can't see him ingame.

19. Slidingbass

Nov 25, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Regenerate console id in one of your citra canary builds.

JohnJohn3484 likes this.
  20. jroweboy

jroweboy GBAtemp Regular

Oct 23, 2016
    United States
    its possible you downloaded the one version that had the multiplayer tab, but was missing the actual multiplayer backend code. we are in the process of merging multiplayer into nightly. when thats done the option won't ever disappear again :P