Homebrew Citra 3DS Emulator booting The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

emmauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
trying to boot homebrew 3dnes.ad it is giving me errors, saying git not foung on gui, and infinite read erros in prompt

Attachments

• Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    42.3 KB · Views: 965

neobrain

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, since I've seen a number of people actually try to compile things themselves (which is really cool!):

A quick note about using Citra - you won't be able to reproduce our results in the video, at least not now, for two reasons:
a) it relies on a number of unmerged branches (most of which should be merged soon (tm), though)
b) it relies on a number of files to be dumped from a 3DS, some of which can be dumped via https://github.com/citra-emu/3dsutils, but also some of which need to be extracted from an actual NAND dump.

So uh, sorry if some of you feel like I wasted their time having them set up Visual Studio - but maybe that explains why I keep telling you it's not ready for the general public, yet ;)
Meanwhile, if you've set up VS now, you won't need to set it up again later - so that's a good thing, too.

EDIT: Meanwhile, simple homebrew like 3dscraft *should* work without a problem. So if that sounds good enough for you, give it a try ;)

emmauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
i tried running pong3ds and snake.they gave me the same error two posts ago.do you need to do anything to the rom files, like decrypting or something.they arre launcher.dat files.also trying 3dnes which is a .3ds file.same error

neobrain

-
Trophies
XP
Country
AFAIK you'll need to specify the Qt5_DIR variable manually (should point to a subdirectory of the Qt tree called something like msvc2013_opengl). CMake should find it on configuring, then.

Cid2mizard

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Becausr it still needs some polish as this is (I'd assume) the first commercial game to run and they still haven't removed enough kinks yet.

I use Citra daily for the development of my homebrew , and I can assure you that it works well with homebrew. It's not my interest as Citra execute the official roms, not its original purpose .

I can not make a new and distribute Citra on nintendomax because the author has not still made ​​official release.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use Citra daily for the development of my homebrew , and I can assure you that it works well with homebrew. It's not my interest as Citra execute the official roms, not its original purpose .

I can not make a new and distribute Citra on nintendomax because the author has not still made ​​official release.
Well I guess they haven't released it yet also maybe for some other reason such as they feel it hasn't made enough progress for release and are more concerned about commercial Roms then homebrew

emmauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
c

can i get a few of your homebrews.the ones i have cant boot.even the elf ones.i will try buil with qt later,but i want to test the minimal version

Cid2mizard

Trophies
XP
Country
France
c

can i get a few of your homebrews.the ones i have cant boot.even the elf ones.i will try buil with qt later,but i want to test the minimal version
c

See your MP

emmauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
can now boot some homebrews, but the run at 1frame every few sec.
anyone running faster than this.been able to boot the homebrew channel and dawnlike

extrun20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hehe building is kind of fun. Anyway I made it to the point where im getting the QT error while trying to build. Any suggestions?
For example
QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE C:/Qt/Qt5.4.0/5.4/msvc2013_64_opengl/bin/qmake.exe
Qt5_DIR C:/Qt/Qt5.4.0/5.4/msvc2013_64_opengl/lib/cmake/Qt5

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol