Homebrew Citra 3DS Emulator booting The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

gdeliana

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Albania
All credit? Those guys are like parasites so I hear. It's a para-site.

I want to make a sped up playthrough at 2 fps just because. Get to like the first temple and further. Beat the whole game and have the first ever oot playthrough on an emu.

With all the respect for the efforts and the work of the authors in making this miracle emulator, i credited emucr for providing already made builds and saving us the pain of visual studio.

As stated in an earlier post, the source code does not contain the needed changes to make it run zelda and some other games maybe.

Yeniaul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YOU GOT THAT WORKING?????? fuckin'... FORGET IT!
mother-of-god.gif

200_s.gif

tumblr_liijnbi4Nw1qhcd6po1_400.gif

tumblr_lpc2bc6rai1qcy1wc.gif

tumblr_ma716mJ1zG1r8ktsgo1_500.gif

that-escalated-quickly-will-ferrell.jpg

jamieyello

Professional Dumbass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spongebob-technique-o.gif

Ok I'm just gonna be that guy and say it.

Does anyone have a build of citra that boots oot that they can upload?

Edit; CMake Error: CMake can not determine linker language for target: inih

emmauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
as the devs said, the master branch cant boot up oot , and they are yet to merge the one that does.also most dont know which branch it is.

successfullly built qt5 version, but anytime i run it it asks me for a lot of qt opengl dlls.i know where they are, and i installed qt5.4 using the official installer. so why cant citra link to the qt5.4 paths

emmauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
solved it by setting the path variables in system settings.also installed boost(is it necessary ?).now a new problem.check attachment

Attachments

• Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    37.8 KB · Views: 531

emmauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
because it aint ready for public use.it is very slow, its intepreter is slow.it only has homebrew compatibility, so it is useful for homebrew devs.and if you are a homebrew dev, you would know how to build it and use it.as at now, it is only useful for devs and emulator enthusiast.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious as to why people can't post compiled builds on here or EmuCR that work :P

People can, but there aren't any "official" builds yet. That means that if people started distributing custom builds, there may be people who pack them with malicious software. I think there may be GPL issues too (with random users distributing builds) or something.
EmuCR can, but the Citra master doesn't yet work with OoT.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
People can, but there aren't any "official" builds yet. That means that if people started distributing custom builds, there may be people who pack them with malicious software. I think there may be GPL issues too (with random users distributing builds) or something.
EmuCR can, but the Citra master doesn't yet work with OoT.

IIRC GPL only makes you include the source code if people ask for it (along with some special rules for derived work). Since the source code is already publicly available, that should be no issue.

neobrain

-
Trophies
XP
Country
IIRC GPL only makes you include the source code if people ask for it (along with some special rules for derived work). Since the source code is already publicly available, that should be no issue.
Distributing binaries entails some special rules, afaik. In particular, I *think* (and I really would prefer not to have this thread derail into a discussion whether this is true or not) that distributing binaries means you have to either provide the source code directly (without an explicit request) or provide a written offer to obtain the source code along with the binary. I'm not sure if the term "written offer" is defined more closely.

Anyway. You can read up on it in the GPL FAQ. It's all in there.

That said, I do generally expect builds from GPL-licensed software that I'm having copyright over to have a link to the source code included (either in the software itself or in the distributing forum post or whatever). In particular such a notice should include the particular the git hash of the tree that the build was created from. Just throwing a link to https://github.com/citra-emu/citra is not good enough, because it doesn't allow me to *exactly* recreated the build that was distributed (which is one of the main intents of the GPL to begin with).

As an example, we've had multiple instances in Dolphin where people took old code from some unmerged and unofficial branch and rebased it on top of up to date main branch code, which often involves a nontrivial amount of conflict fixing. Those people then distributed the generated builds, but only linked to the old branch. This is useless to me as a developer however: People invested the work of rebasing the branch already, and (by license) I'm entitled to get a copy of that work done for me already. This is something people quite often don't understand.

alexx995

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
im from venezuela and i can afford a 3ds and this project is my hope for play 3ds games on my computer . i open an accaunt for say to you thanks for work in this emulator

sorry for my inglish

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took a guess at the fps. Still very much an accomplishment for sure. It's amazing the progress that Citra and the PS3 emulator are doing in such short time.

It really doesn't matter. What matters is that there are no lies anymore!!! THERE WILL BE A 3DS EMULATOR THAT RUNS SMOOTHLY (Hoping for Ubuntu Support)!!!

Link999123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Congratulations! I know you guys have been working hard, and I hope you guys at least took a break over the holidays, I am still amazed that you guys put that much effort, all the best of luck to you guys :moogle: , bye!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Anybody here have a Xbox series S and a series X, is the performance difference noticeable? I...