Circumvent ban?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by jonathanray, Sep 2, 2018.

1. jonathanray
    OP

jonathanray Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2018
    United States
    I just got banned from Splatoon 2 (digital) and only Splatoon 2 and all I've ever done is edit my save files. (I've also edited MK8D's save file but that still lets me go online.)

How can I circumvent this? I have another console on 3.0.2, would that be of any use? If I transferred my user account to that console, would it be unbanned? Is there any way to unban this console? Is the ban tied to my account?

prnt.sc/kpmvsh - email from Nintendo

prnt.sc/kpmw1q - error on Switch

2. wurstpistole

wurstpistole GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Ban tied to Switch, not account. You probably won't be able to get the account on your other Switch, since you can't unlink it from the banned one and Nintendo probably won't do it for you.

(edit) ah, I see. They banned not your console in general, but only access to the game. Then it's accountwide I reckon. Transferring won't cut it.

Last edited by wurstpistole, Sep 2, 2018
  3. PRAGMA

PRAGMA GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 29, 2015
    Ireland
    They do it for you, I got mine unlinked, they just need username/nickname of account, dob, and the switch consoles serial number which is by the kickstand

4. PatrickD85

PatrickD85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 4, 2012
    Netherlands
    in front of a screen...
    Hmm still interesting ... but I am waiting to see if online is going to be worth it ... I can live without it for most it offers now.