Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
kirbymaster101 said:
mike333 said:
kirbymaster101 said:
To confirm is d2x faster than Waninkoko?
Waninkoko was away from his cIOS for some time.
When he came back some real magic happened.
From now on d2x is best way to go.

Slowdowns in d2x? You need to prove that. The better description the faster fix will be made.

ps.
Maybe Hermes will join party someday.
I already expanied in the previous post. d2x is faster than waninkoko

Is DopMii a good way to check what cios u have or is there something better to use? In fact is there a program that works like Dop Mii but newer since Dop mii hasnt been updated since may 2010. Still I could understand why since Nintendo seems to have given up releasing new firmware and/or ioses.
Syscheck here

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@mike333: give the guy a break, PMW has improved immensely...you are just making him mad.

@madri1: you have told us about it a few times already, this is why you are getting reactions like the one mike333 gave, please advertise somewhere else...this is the D2X topic..

Thank you...

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Hi!

I came from cIOS249 rev17 but after installed d2x it can't recognize my USB hard-drives...

I installed d2x in ios38+cios249, but nothing happens
unsure.gif

nghbk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah, I got COD 3 running finally, greatly thanks to all of you guys, but there's still a question that I'm unclear about, why it's recommend that I should install d2x on cios 236 while cfg usbloader doesn't use, what's the point of using this 236 anyway?

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
nghbk said:
yeah, I got COD 3 running finally, greatly thanks to all of you guys, but there's still a question that I'm unclear about, why it's recommend that I should install d2x on cios 236 while cfg usbloader doesn't use, what's the point of using this 236 anyway?
Answer already here

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
I've used pimp many times. Always worked. Never a problem. Never an issue. Never a brick. One of my top 10 wii tools. Even made a dedicated channel for it.

If you don't like it, leave it. But stop bitchin about it.

Just my 2 cents. And off topic. So let's leave it there.

madri1

Trophies
Website
www.wii-info.fr
XP
Country
France
i was responding to that :
kirbymaster101 said:
mike333 said:
kirbymaster101 said:
To confirm is d2x faster than Waninkoko?
Waninkoko was away from his cIOS for some time.
When he came back some real magic happened.
From now on d2x is best way to go.

Slowdowns in d2x? You need to prove that. The better description the faster fix will be made.

ps.
Maybe Hermes will join party someday.
I already expanied in the previous post. d2x is faster than waninkoko

Is DopMii a good way to check what cios u have or is there something better to use? In fact is there a program that works like Dop Mii but newer since Dop mii hasnt been updated since may 2010. Still I could understand why since Nintendo seems to have given up releasing new firmware and/or ioses.

just like someone responded "syscheck".
Pimp my wii recognise the new "cios detection", so it can detect d2x, hermes, waninkoko cios etc.

norbyte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wichoxp said:
Hi!

I came from cIOS249 rev17 but after installed d2x it can't recognize my USB hard-drives...

I installed d2x in ios38+cios249, but nothing happens
unsure.gif

First: Good decision to switch from an old cIOS to d2x.
smile.gif

But to be clear: You installed d2x into ios slot 38 so that the original IOS38 is overriden?
blink.gif

It is often recommended to use d2x with base ios 56 or 57. That does not mean to install the cIOS into that slots. You should only install cIOS into slots > 200. Anything else can cause a brick because of fixed boot1 (and boot2 v4?). However, you should use d2x installer to install d2x v6 into slot 249 and say that ios 56 or 57 should be used as base ios. Try again and share your results please.
smile.gif

freestile

Trophies
https://www.youtube.com/user/freestilesteve
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys dont mean to be off topic from the thread, but I wasnt sure if there was a recommended
slot to use for d2xv6?? I know that you have to use slots 200 and above for anything cIOS. I have
all my slots setup a certain way and use 246d2xv6. I dont use d2x in 249 as I believe that one
is 249[57]21. I've had no problems with anything this way, of course I didnt think there was purely one recommend slot. I have no clue whats in my slot 236, mentioned but I know I have it, but if it aint broke dont fix it, and nothing seems to be broke so I think I'm alright. Just thought I'd throw that out there in case anybody has suggestions or sees why I shouldn't/couldn't use d2xv6 in slot 246.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Hey guys dont mean to be off topic from the thread, but I wasnt sure if there was a recommended
slot to use for d2xv6?? I know that you have to use slots 200 and above for anything cIOS. I have
all my slots setup a certain way and use 246d2xv6. I dont use d2x in 249 as I believe that one
is 249[57]21. I've had no problems with anything this way, of course I didnt think there was purely one recommend slot. I have no clue whats in my slot 236, mentioned but I know I have it, but if it aint broke dont fix it, and nothing seems to be broke so I think I'm alright. Just thought I'd throw that out there in case anybody has suggestions or sees why I shouldn't/couldn't use d2xv6 in slot 246.
Your slot 236 should be a IOS36 with Truch Bug and other permissions set; just installed into another slot, that is all. This should be your main IOS used for stalling WADS; you can use any IOS which has the proper permissions set, but this is the main reason for this IOS.

d2x6 is allows IOS reload block which will allow you to play promblem-matic games like Wii Party, Call of Duty:Black Ops, etc.. so it is definitely worth the update. Most people choose to install d2x6 base [56] into slot 249 and d2x6 base [57] into slot 250; knowing d2x6[56] holds the highest compatibility among games some games require d2x6[57], or rather just the base IOS used. Either way it goes you should definitely update, even if you dont experience the problems now this will help you in the future possibly. Also Mighty Channels supports d2x cIOS now, so this is definitely a +1
tongue.gif
either way it goes you can install d2x into any slot but best to do in slots 200+

I'm just going to coff this up LoL. Great job by the way so far I've had to update 5+wii for people with your new IOS and not a single one has called me back with any problems
smile.gif
I'm going into the military soon so this takes care of my concerns with people having compatibility issues while i'm away. Though i've only had a priviledge to engage in conversations with some of you devs and I myself do not know much anything when it comes to programming or writing scripts. This wouldn't have been made possible without you.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
freestile said:
slot to use for d2xv6??249d2x56 (version 6) is recommended.

freestile said:
I dont use d2x in 249 as I believe that one is 249[57]21.There is no reason for that. Use 249d2x56. It gets rid of problems rev21 has, such as controller lag with certain USB drives and IOS reload problems.

freestile said:
I have no clue whats in my slot 236, mentioned but I know I have it, but if it aint broke dont fix it, and nothing seems to be broke so I think I'm alright.
Your IOS236 should just be a modified IOS36 installed with IOS236 installer.

QUOTE(freestile @ Jun 16 2011, 12:51 PM)
Just thought I'd throw that out there in case anybody has suggestions or sees why I shouldn't/couldn't use d2xv6 in slot 246.
You can install whatever you want in slot 246. That's completely up to you. However, for the best compatibility, it is recommended that you at least install 249d2x56, which as the name suggests, installs to slot 249. You might also wish to install 250d2x57 in order to have something lying around that uses IOS57 as a base (for compatibility with games like Black Ops), but it doesn't really matter what slot you use as long as you remember where it is. This is why 249d2x56 and 250d2x57 is the recommended setup; they're easy to remember. You don't really need anything else other than these two. Hermes' IOS is useful for music games. My setup is as follows:

IOS202[57] (rev 65535 Info: v5.1): (used to be used for playing video files using MPlayer CE or WiiMC)
IOS222[38] (rev 65535 Info: v5.1): (IOS38 used to be the only necessary base IOS, but it's no longer necessary)
IOS223[37+38] (rev 4 Info: v0.1): (in case I ever want to play a music game that uses USB instruments and doesn't work with 249d2x56)
IOS224[57] (rev 65535 Info: v5.1): (used for the same reason as 250d2x57. it's probably no longer necessary)
IOS236[36] (rev 65535 Info: rev 3351): (used for the installation of other things, such as WAD files or IOS files)
IOS249[56] (rev 21006 Info: d2x-v6): (the IOS I use for 99% of my games)
IOS250[57] (rev 21006 Info: d2x-v6): (the IOS I use for games that require base 57, such as Black Ops)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
QUOTE said:
IOS202[57] (rev 65535 Info: v5.1): (used to be used for playing video files using MPlayer CE or WiiMC)
fyi, cIOS202 is still used for MPlayer CE and WiiXplorer, all the other apps that used to use it (mainly tantric's apps, like WiiMC or emulators) now use IOS58+ahbprot instead

also, everywhere you have v5.1 listed, I think it should say v5.1 or v5, since there's no significant differences between the 2 at all

freestile

Trophies
https://www.youtube.com/user/freestilesteve
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys thanks for the help. I had used a guide called system menu x a while back and hadnt really touched anything cause it seemed to be working fine. I left everything as is and installed

246d2xv6base56 and 247d2xv6base57, leaving my original 249 and 250 untouched. I do things differently sometimes. There both there, just in slots 246 and 247 instead of 249 and 250. BTW I still use original
249[57]21 although my demands aint probably as involved as others and I havent had any problems yet. At least when and if I do I can use 246 or 247 if needed. Sounds good to me.

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
QUOTE said:
fyi, cIOS202 is still used for MPlayer CE and WiiXplorer, all the other apps that used to use it (mainly tantric's apps, like WiiMC or emulators) now use IOS58+ahbprot instead

also, everywhere you have v5.1 listed, I think it should say v5.1 or v5, since there's no significant differences between the 2 at all

Wiixplorer can also use IOS58+ahb_prot, so IOS202 is only needed for MPlayerCE.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
xfcrowman said:
XFlak said:
QUOTE said:

Wiixplorer can also use IOS58+ahb_prot, so IOS202 is only needed for MPlayerCE.
Joostin has failed me for the last time (said in Darth Vader voice).

He and I were discussing cIOS202 the other day and he assured me WiiXplorer still uses cIOS202... so now it's my turn to point fingers... it's all Joostin's fault!
tongue.gif

edit:
R2-D2199 said:
QUOTE(XFlak @ Jun 16 2011, 08:45 PM)
Syscheck gets the version of the hermes cIOS over the mload module.
What's your point? Can't syscheck get the version number from the mload module hash (or w/e) from either v5.1 AND v5?

Besides, syscheck has been updated to scan for the new cIOS signatures which can easily be retroactively applied to older cIOSs. Meaning any cIOS can easily be detected without requiring a database of hashes. Granted ModMii doesn't sign non-d2x cIOSs... yet (hint hint).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==