Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
those are not the hashes of d2x v3 beta 6, those are the hashes of d2x v2. Unless your all those files were "valid" then u still probably did things right.

Here's how to calculate the new hashes... from ModMii's main menu, type "O", then "C", then "C2", then "L"

@davebaol... a lot of ppl are having problems checking their hashes... maybe u should consider including a couple extra instructions in your beta release posts... up to u

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
deleted.... i misunderstand it....
shy.gif

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
XFlak said:
@davebaol... a lot of ppl are having problems checking their hashes... maybe u should consider including a couple extra instructions in your beta release posts... up to u
Good idea.
Please can you write those instructions for me?
I'd be glad to include them in my beta release posts.

L4D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
digdug3 said:
Didn't somebody notice that Hugh Verdam and L4D have systemmenu 4.xU and davebaol and Etheboss have 4.xE?
Maybe something is happening in the background or there is some difference between a PAL and NTSC wii?
Are the games PAL or NTSC versions?

S&S (PAL) needs IOS53 to run in Sneek. So maybe it will run better with IOS 56 instead of IOS 3x
Are there different versions? You can use ShowMiiWads to view the info.

I have SM 4.1E using fat32, and most of my games are pal except 2 games cave story works but castlevaina rebirth doesn't.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@Davebaol, here are the instructions... but you should know that there is an alternative method to checking the files using ModMii that some may find easier... I'll explain both and u can decide which you prefer.

method 1
Code:
Davebaol to do - include a "custom.md5" file (which is generated by ModMii when you enter "C" in the "method 2" instructions below) in your mediafire download 

Beta Testers to do - Save the "custom.md5" file where "modmii.exe" is saved. Then after building the new cIOSs and ModMii reports them as invalid, enter "C" to verify the cIOSs against the custom.md5, and ModMii should report them as valid if they were built properly.

method 2
Code:
To verify that you've built the cIOSs correctly, you can calculate the md5 hashes of your new cIOSs and verify them against those provided below.
After building the cIOSs, return to ModMii's Main Menu, then type "O", then "C", then "C2", then "L", a notepad window should open with your hashes.
Confirm they match those provided below.

b9163d5d9b2fde42d4549b37a18adb47 *COPY_TO_SD\WAD\cIOS249[37]-v21d2x2.wad
b0741459fc6ad8b191712b2ca5a87c78 *COPY_TO_SD\WAD\cIOS249[38]-v21d2x2.wad
e6431010853e4a9599793644d15a50cc *COPY_TO_SD\WAD\cIOS249[56]-v21d2x2.wad
c7471fa9a569effea53d2b18c1346d9c *COPY_TO_SD\WAD\cIOS249[57]-v21d2x2.wad
9f79406dfa8f84b7c149a4a5b3f2a73d *COPY_TO_SD\WAD\cIOS250[37]-v21d2x2.wad
9c93c0e7f739316a76d8e300040ecd81 *COPY_TO_SD\WAD\cIOS250[38]-v21d2x2.wad
91a4b5bb6ab77b6d05e75bc90cda1a74 *COPY_TO_SD\WAD\cIOS250[56]-v21d2x2.wad
253ae4f127626a7f9645e97a9a57438c *COPY_TO_SD\WAD\cIOS250[57]-v21d2x2.wad

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
FYI, there are 2 cmd line tools already bundled with ModMii that can calculate hashes 1) fvc.exe and 2) sfk.exe. But I like the app you linked to, it has an easy to use GUI interface for ppl who don't like/understand command line tools (heck I'll probably keep that app in my back pocket just in case it comes in handy one day), but I think typing a few letters into ModMii is probably easier for most ppl than having to download yet another app, but thx anyways!

Hugh Verdam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Etheboss said:
Man you're fast (or have lots of spare time)....
...or suffer from some kind obsessive-compulsive disorder....
rolleyes.gif

EthebossWell, again i can say that LIT and S&S work without problems for me, but maybe its a NTSC-U / PAL thing...
It makes me wonder...so many of my games that don't work fail when they are trying to read or write. At the same time, this latest cIOS isn't able to write a log file for me. Is it an NTSC-U thing....?

digdug3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hugh Verdam said:
Etheboss said:
rolleyes.gif

EthebossWell, again i can say that LIT and S&S work without problems for me, but maybe its a NTSC-U / PAL thing...
It makes me wonder...so many of my games that don't work fail when they are trying to read or write. At the same time, this latest cIOS isn't able to write a log file for me. Is it an NTSC-U thing....?

Etheboss, do you have a SDHC or "normal" SD card?

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hugh Verdam said:
FAIL:
Arkanoid Plus (Freezes on screen containing intro text that begins with "In an era and time...") WORKS FOR ME
Cruisin' USA (Freezes at "You will need Classic Controller") NOT TESTED
Gyrostarr (Black screen after "don't reset the machine while saving" message.) NOT TESTED
Light Trax (Freezes after "Save data created." Art Styles game, so no surprise there.) NOT TESTED
Lit (Blue Screen Of Death with message "This error should never show up. CNT error code = -5009") WORKS FOR ME
Maxwell's Magic Marker (Black screen after "playing safely" screen.) WORKS FOR ME
My Aquarium (Black screen after "Online interactions not rated by ESRB") WORKS FOR ME
My Aquarium 2 (Black screen after "Online interactions not rated by ESRB") NOT TESTED
My Planetarium (Freezes at "Now loading") NOT TESTED
Ogre Battle 64 (Freezes at spinning Nintendo logo) NOT TESTED
Paper Mario (Freezes at "You will need Classic Controller") WORKS FOR ME
Pop (Freezes at "Saving. Please do not touch the power button or reset.") NOT TESTED
Swords and Soldiers (Black screen after big white square.) WORKS FOR ME

I wish I had log files to offer but they aren't getting produced on my machine. Hope this is of some use, at any rate.
Your case is really weird, man.
All non working games you reported and I tested work perfectly for me.
I suggest you to start from scratch with a fresh emulated nand from your console.
Also try a different usb device.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
digdug3 said:
Hugh Verdam said:
Etheboss said:
rolleyes.gif

Etheboss, do you have a SDHC or "normal" SD card?
A "normal" 2 GB SD card...

Hugh Verdam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
davebaol said:
Your case is really weird, man.I know!
unsure.gif

davebaol said:
All non working games you reported and I tested work perfectly for me.Me too! All of the fails listed here work perfectly for me with r17, which suggests the problem probably doesn't lie in the nand. Do you think there might be anything to that NTSC vs. Pal thing?

davebaol said:
I suggest you to start from scratch with a fresh emulated nand from your console.
I've done that twice during this testing, selecting "complete" dumps with Simple FS Dumper. I really don't think the answer is there.

davebaol
Also try a different usb device.
Hmm...I may have enough room on my SD card. Maybe I could copy the emulated nand to that and see what happens...

If all else fails, I suppose I could use MMM to find a lesser-used slot for r17, point Mighty Channels to that and call it a day...
grog.gif

netspy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
davebaol said:
netspy said:
davebaol said:
@netspy
Can you test U-Sing 2 from SD card?

I tested it, and that's really weird.
wbfs folder from SD card => no lag
wbfs folder from USB HDD => lag

Did you get the same results ?
If yes, I assume it's another problem in the EHCI or in the FAT module ?
Yeah same results through usb with rev19 too, not tested via sd card.
Can you also test it through backup dvd?
I need to exclude as many modules as possible to locate the issue.

No lag with a backup dvd (I used NeoGamma R8 + cIOS249[57]-v21d2x2).
It seems that the problem only exists when playing from HDD (tried with an other HDD, the lag also occurs).

Hugh Verdam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Etheboss said:
@Hugh Verdam, did you try a emunand build with modmii?Hmm...hadn't thought of trying that. (Damn, that is one handy app....) I might try that just for giggles.

EthebossPS, do you have dutch ancestors?
There's a rumor that my name is a (bad) pun.....

At the end of the day, I think there is something to the fact that beta 6 WON'T create log files on my device. This suggests that the issue my Wii setup has with beta 6 lies entirely outside of the nand, Mighty Channels, any of that stuff. Perhaps it is simply beta 6's inability--for whatever reason--to open my USB device for reads/writes. It seems strange since I consider my system gently modded. (I'm nervous about attempting sneek or even installing priiloader...) There isn't anything unusual about my Wii. Perhaps we'll find that the problem is specific to my particular USB device but again it's just a standard FreeAgent, which I think a lot of folks use.

I'd be interested to know how many people are beta testing this cIOS. If it's lotsa people and everyone else is sailing through, then it truly is a weird case, as DB says. If it's just a few folks, then maybe I represent a significant percentage of people who will have similar problems?
unsure.gif

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hugh Verdam said:
Etheboss said:
PS, do you have dutch ancestors?There's a rumor that my name is a (bad) pun.....LOL, nah, i am dutch, in my country it is a typical last name.

(I'm nervous about attempting sneek or even installing priiloader...)
Don't be, at least not for sneek, it cannot brick you're wii

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@netspy
Ok, so to summarize lag appears
  • with rev19, rev20, rev21 and all d2x
  • only via usb
  • with any HDD
  • even if watchdog is disabled
My impression is that lag appears in U-Sing 2 because the HDD is continuously accessed, the led keeps on blinking when you sing.
Not sure, but it seems an issue inside ehci module.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night