Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
private private beta, lol

if I'm not mistaken it's available to all who join the dev's on irc
biggrin.gif

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Been out of touch for a long time. Can someone enlighten me on the most compatible working cIOSes now? 249,250 etc & which build?

Also which backup loader works best with rodries cIOSes?

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
@davebaol
I'm a little curious about what you focus on right now with the cIOS. Maybe you can write a little about the work you are focusing on right now.
I want to satisfy my curiosity a little bit
wink.gif

d_bizzzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bloodlust said:
Been out of touch for a long time. Can someone enlighten me on the most compatible working cIOSes now? 249,250 etc & which build?

Also which backup loader works best with rodries cIOSes?

Previously posted, these seem like the best setup:

D2X V7 beta 1d - CIOS 249 (base 56)
D2X V7 beta 1d - CIOS 250 (base 57)

I've been using these on USB Loader GX for the past 2 weeks and everything run perfect on 249[56], some other games may need 250[57]

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
IceIceBird said:
@davebaol
I'm a little curious about what you focus on right now with the cIOS. Maybe you can write a little about the work you are focusing on right now.
I want to satisfy my curiosity a little bit
wink.gif
Well my wii is out of work, because the bluetooth module is broken meaning that currently the console is hardware bricked.
The replacement has arrived on monday and I think I'll find the time to install it the next days.

Anyways d2x v7beta1d has these improvements over v6:
- emu nand re-enabled after ios reload (for wii games only, not for ww/vc)
- fixed "no space available" error when using a big emu nand
- Implemented bidirectional escape of invalid FAT chars
- Automatic selection of the 1st FAT partition when no partition has been specified
- Fixed a bug when closing FAT module
- Automatically creates folders required by partial emu

Since a few games are still problematic with nand emu I'd like to improve it a little bit before releasing v7 final.
Also, the new ehci module with interrupts has been put off to v8 because it's affected by random crash. Not sure, but I suspect the issue is something related to cache synch. I'll investigate in the next future.

Hope your curiosity has been satisfied
happy.gif

stfour

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
davebaol said:
Since a few games are still problematic with nand emu I'd like to improve it a little bit before releasing v7 final.

Are you talking about wii games only or also ww/vc ?

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
stfour said:
davebaol said:

Are you talking about wii games only or also ww/vc ?
Actually both.
smile.gif

However almost all wii games are working properly with emu saves, online included.
AFAIK only the online for CODBO and Conduit 2 is currently not supported by nand emulation unless you use full nand emu and the game update is on the emulated nand already.

On the other hand WW/VC are more problematic because the online doesn't work (well, I think the issue is actually in the apploader procedure implemented by the loader, not inside the cios) and some of them freeze or have graphical glitches.

stfour

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
davebaol said:
Actually both.
smile.gif

On the other hand WW/VC are more problematic because the online doesn't work (well, I think the issue is actually in the apploader procedure implemented by the loader, not inside the cios) and some of them freeze or have graphical glitches.

Good, if you have any suggestion...
wink.gif

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
WiiPower, I see you're reading this topic.
smile.gif

What do you think about the fact that with nand emu enabled the online works for wii games but not for ww/vc?
Maybe we could investigate together on both sides, loader and cios.
Your help would be much appreciated. Let me know.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
davebaol said:
WiiPower, I see you're reading this topic.
smile.gif

What do you think about the fact that with nand emu enabled the online works for wii games but not for ww/vc?
Maybe we could investigate together on both sides, loader and cios.
Your help would be much appreciated. Let me know.

Hm, what was it again? The loader needs/needed a small update(TriiForce r86) to support online games even without nand emu, right? Did you get to the point where enabling the nand emu made online gaming impossible with everything else unchanged?

If the nand emu is the only difference, debug all nand related stuff for both and look at the difference, return values, or just odd behaviour.

PS: For a technical reason it's impossible to use the Wiird debugger for anything related to this.(see TriiForce changelog)

d_bizzzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Perhaps now that the emulation & nand extracting abilities of D2X are extremely sharp, wouldn't it be a good time to create a dedicated D2X Nand tool accessible from Homebrew Channel.

You could have extracting, browsing, emulating, copying and all the other features that D2X provides all in one dedicated tidy app.
Some of these functions are available in usbloadergx, but I think to have a dedicated app would be a benefit and enable focus purely on D2X's features.

Who kno's where the possibilities could go ...

Jogait

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi, my Wii freezes after sometime playing a game with your latest version of ciosx, i'm using slot 200 based on ios 58 and i'm using neogamma r9 beta 50.

Can someone help me fix this?

Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Castlevania uhh... whatever rhymes with Castlevania...