CIOSX rev19 error

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Dr.Rawr, Sep 11, 2010.

Sep 11, 2010

CIOSX rev19 error by Dr.Rawr at 11:07 PM (1,625 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Dr.Rawr
    OP

Newcomer Dr.Rawr Newbie

United States
    I'm following this guide

I get to step 11, but when I start the installer, I get this error
    Code:
    Ret = -2011
    right when it starts installing the IOS.

I've searched arround, and I can't find anyone with the same problem.

Before I started the guide, I was running cIOS249 rev14 on a 4.2U wii. I also had a modified MIOS, but I'm not sure which one.

EDIT: I just remembered that the guide says, 'Move your IOS249[57] Wad to your Wad directory', however, my wad was named '00000001-000000f9 - IOS249 v19.wad'
    I'm sure it's nothing important, but I just wanted to make sure.

2. PPSainity

Member PPSainity Blinded by Science

Canada
    IOS Error -2011 usually means that the IOS you are using to install does not have the Fakesign / Trucha Bug applied.

The guide you are following is kinda outdated as cIOSx rev20 has been released and HBC v1.0.7 is able to use the HW_AHBPROT flag for direct hardware access. Instead of downgrading or applying the Trucha Bug to IOS36, it is now recommended to install a patched copy of IOS36 as IOS236 using the IOS236 Installer.

Then you can install cIOSx rev20 with different bases using it's own installer which now allows for the cIOS to be installed using different IOS bases into different IOS slots. Using IOS56 base in slot 249 and IOS38 in slot 250 is the recommended base slot choice for cIOSx rev20. For a recent guide on installing cIOSx rev20 you can look here.

As far as Herme's cIOS go, you can install v5 as the guide you were following suggest, but v4 still has the best compatibility with USB loaders. So you can follow that guide for v5 or this guide for v4.

-[]D

3. Dr.Rawr
    OP

Newcomer Dr.Rawr Newbie

United States
    Ah, many thanks. I'll look into that.

EDIT TO AVOID DOUBLE-POST: Well, I tried Hermes v5, and I got the ret=-1017 error. Do I still have to remove IOS250?

4. PPSainity

Member PPSainity Blinded by Science

Canada
    IOS Error -1017 usually means that the IOS you are trying to install is older than the IOS already in that slot; not really older, as the IOS already installed just has a larger version number. If you are getting that error use a program like Any Title Deleter, and delete the IOS in the slot that you were trying to install to - for example, if you got the error when installing cIOS202, delete IOS202. When you run Hermes installer again you should be able to complete the install. A word of caution, be careful when using Any Title Deleter, as you can delete vital files that your Wii needs in order to work, so don't go crazy with it [​IMG]

As for deleting IOS250, the old guide that you were following was designed around the old cIOS installer of Waninkoko. His old installer could not install his cIOS with different IOS bases into different slots. So in order to get say a cIOS249 with an IOS56 base and a cIOS250 with an IOS38 base, you would have to first install both cIOS249 and cIOS250 with one base, then extract a copy using Blue-Dump, re-run the installer to install using the other base, delete one of the installations and replace it with the extracted copy, giving you two cIOSes with different bases. But like I mentioned in the earlier post, Waninkoko's newest cIOSx rev20 installer simplifies things as it allows your installer the cIOSx with different IOS bases into different slots. No need to use Blue-Dump and follow that complex procedure of deleting and dumping copies. Just follow the new guide I linked to and choose what ever base/slot combo you want. I like using an IOS56 base in slot 249 and an IOS38 base in slot 250.

-[]D