MarioMadness

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
MarioMadness said:
i'm sorry but all of Wanin's cIOS sucks, Hermes v4 (especially with oggzee's module)

what do u mean with oggzee's module?? am i missing something here?

Hermes cIOS allows you to load a custom ehci module for the loader, this is how oggzee managed to add FAT32/NTFS support cIOS222/223 by loading his own module into the cIOS.

Wanin doesnt let people do this and wont even release his source.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
i hear what ur saying... but i dont think wii hacking would ever have come this far this quickly without wanin. Granted I use hermes cios 99% of the time, i still think wanin deserves our respect

honestly, I respect any1 who spends their time workin on apps for the wii, its a thankless job... so even if the end result sucks, i still thank them, i just wont use the shitty program... but who knows... some1 else might pick up the source and make it better, or the coder may have learned a lot from making a BS program... either way, something beats nothing, even if that something is a shitty app or cios... it just gives the community more options!!

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
MarioMadness said:
i'm sorry but all of Wanin's cIOS sucks, Hermes v4 (especially with oggzee's module) when used with CfgLoader is by far the best and most stable combination out there.

Wanin fell off at V10 imho.

If it wasnt for wanin...you wouldnt even would have a USB Loader/Wad Manager/.... or a Hermes cIOS.
Show some respect for those who deserve it...

PS: And what have you done for the wii scene already?!....
blink.gif

PS2: It really pisses me off people "trashing" a name, that itself has open the doors that every dev uses now. I wonder if this is somekind of inferiority complex or just kids that opened their eyes when they discovered....
"hey...wii allows us to play download games!".

I wonder if in sometime...everyone will be trashing other dev's names like GiantPune, Oggzee, Wiipower, Kwirk... Oh wait...still remember Kwirk?...
mad.gif

qdog82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pakatus said:
MarioMadness said:
i'm sorry but all of Wanin's cIOS sucks, Hermes v4 (especially with oggzee's module) when used with CfgLoader is by far the best and most stable combination out there.

Wanin fell off at V10 imho.

If it wasnt for wanin...you wouldnt even would have a USB Loader/Wad Manager/.... or a Hermes cIOS.
Show some respect for those who deserve it...

PS: And what have you done for the wii scene already?!....
blink.gif

PS2: It really pisses me off people "trashing" a name, that itself has open the doors that every dev uses now. I wonder if this is somekind of inferiority complex or just kids that opened their eyes when they discovered....
"hey...wii allows us to play download games!".

I wonder if in sometime...everyone will be trashing other dev's names like GiantPune, Oggzee, Wiipower, Kwirk... Oh wait...still remember Kwirk?...
mad.gif

What?
Without Hermes we wouldnt have any USBloaders, he made it possible with his usb 2.0 driver he wrote.
Waninkoko just wrote a usbloader to it, which isnt so special, one member of team twiizer hearing the news of waninkoko making one, made one himself in 8 hours perfetly playing ssbb.

Oh and before you bitch around what other made for the wii scene, what did you made for it?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
can't we all play nice for F*cks sakes?

we all owe these devs our respect and our thanks... end of story... it doesn't matter who we personally think deserves the most respect/thanks.

In my opinion, if u aren't contributing to the community (like myself, and many others) then u should be required to thank every dev for each app u use!

I only hope the devs are getting enough thanks and donations to keep them motivated to continue working on apps used by both thankful users and ungrateful assholes alike... just look at waninkoko for example... did u hear the flaming on this forum when he released rev 15? It was like hate mail, and he even said that those comments were the last straw and he wouldn't post any more new releases (we're lucky he changed his mind when he released rev 16, even if it still has a couple bugs). What if the coders we rely on now do the same?

We need people like oggzee and giantpune, so show some damn respect so they don't leave us hanging like so many other devs have been tempted to do.

altinertia

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah i agree, the OP asked what the difference was between cios revs was.....

I use rev 14, for the record, on all wii's i do. I also Install Hermes, just to try cover all the bases.

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just stay on rev10 like I do. I get every game as soon as they get dumped and I haven't found one that doesn't work. I don't see why people dick around with 14-15-16 asshattery when you got a perfectly fine rev10 available.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: