WBFS vs FAT32

Hi.
I've been reading posts about how go from wbfs to FAT32 my HDD. But now, I'm reading some comparisons wbfs vs FAT32, and they keep saying that keeping it in wbfs is better, for speed, simplicity, etc. Which do you think that will the best option?
The forums that I read were from 2010/2011, so I don't know I they are still true or things have changed.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Didn't you asked this yesterday?
It's already been answered.

If you want to be a cool kid and render *a HDD completely useless, use WBFS.

If you're a n00b, use FAT32.

Last edited by JuanMena,
Reactions: jeannotte

jonblaze55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.
I've been reading posts about how go from wbfs to FAT32 my HDD. But now, I'm reading some comparisons wbfs vs FAT32, and they keep saying that keeping it in wbfs is better, for speed, simplicity, etc. Which do you think that will the best option?
The forums that I read were from 2010/2011, so I don't know I they are still true or things have changed.
Fat32

Reactions: jeannotte

joshiors

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Didn't you asked this yesterday?
It's already been answered.

If you want to be a cool kid and render it's HDD completely useless, use WBFS.

If you're a n00b, use FAT32.
nobody answer anything, and I asked this in a new thread searching for more reaching. Im only seeking debate and see what file system is better. Only want some reasons

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
nobody answer anything, and I asked this in a new thread searching for more reaching. Im only seeking debate and see what file system is better. Only want some reasons
Check here for a definitive answer:

I would also add that for being able to add more games to your WBFS formatted drive, you would need some troublesome programs prone of failing and rendering the whole drive unuseable.

FAT32 on the contrary, considering it is a wide used and recognized file formatting scheme, makes it more accesible and manageable on so many Operating Systems that we would be able to add games easily from any well known file manager.

Last edited by CMDreamer,

joshiors

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
thanks for both answers! So using WBFS is absolutely deprecated in 2023. But one small question: there are differences in the speed of loading between one file system and the other? and if there is, they are considerable or minimum to give attention?

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
And if needed WiiBackupManager can take care of that for you.
To be clear, I wasn't implying that Wii game files won't be over 4GB (they are in quite a number of cases), but that *other files* one might want on their drive will need to be under 4GB. You are right, WiiBackupManager is quite important as a tool for splitting Wii backups when needed.

CharPaks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I like to use WBFS with Witgui on Mac, because my flash drive doesn't work to load Wii games with FAT32.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I like to use WBFS with Witgui on Mac, because my flash drive doesn't work to load Wii games with FAT32.
For a flash drive, it's still sometimes necessary in some cases. For a hard drive, it's usually not. Best to just use what works for you in that case. Flash drive backup loading has always been a bit finicky.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maxouter @ Maxouter: yo