Hacking Cioscorp installed on 3.2, retained after 4.0 update?

Bloodlust

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Just wanna know... anyone?
unsure.gif

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
nonamewasfree said:
wanins 4.0 updater overwrites cioscorp, but you can simply reinstall it and it works like a charm
NOOOOOO!!!!!!! If you use the cioscorp you used on 3.2 with 4.0, YOU WILL GET BRICKED! DON'T DO IT!

menage730

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anything that you do to your ios can lead to a brick once you start messing with cios thats why its recommended to have some sort of brick protection just remember the softmii pack the cios got installed after preloader hence brick protection i indeed am running 4.0 with all its functions plus all 3.2 options 4.0 is the new 3.2 lol i installed in this order rev 9 ios60 patched wanins updater preloader 29 (brick protection) cioscorp from the softmii package then cmios & its like i never left well minus most of of the ntsc hacks ini only option for us is skip disc update which allows me to run my ntsc games from the disc channel & pal through a loader

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
menage730 said:
anything that you do to your ios can lead to a brick once you start messing with cios thats why its recommended to have some sort of brick protection just remember the softmii pack the cios got installed after preloader hence brick protection i indeed am running 4.0 with all its functions plus all 3.2 options 4.0 is the new 3.2 lol i installed in this order rev 9 ios60 patched wanins updater preloader 29 (brick protection) cioscorp from the softmii package then cmios & its like i never left well minus most of of the ntsc hacks ini only option for us is skip disc update which allows me to run my ntsc games from the disc channel & pal through a loader
Not if you're careful and actually read instructions.

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country

fgsfdsyo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CIOSCorp is retained partially.
You can load from the disc channel, but odds are it won't work.
There's a fix on it, though.

There's numerous amounts of threads on this, I'd suggest you use the search function.
I'd give you the thread, but it's 8:45AM and I didn't get any sleep.

[edit]David got you covered, but you'll have to search for the CIOS60BF.
I haven't spotted it, myself.

Bloodlust

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Just 1 last question. Does cioscorp support region free backups over the disc channel? So its safe to reinstall this again after 4.0 right? If wanin's 4.0 updater was used, do I still retain the trucha bug? If not, do I need to run IOS downgrader to get it back?

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
Bloodlust said:
Just 1 last question. Does cioscorp support region free backups over the disc channel? So its safe to reinstall this again after 4.0 right? If wanin's 4.0 updater was used, do I still retain the trucha bug? If not, do I need to run IOS downgrader to get it back?
No, you would need to use preloader 0.29 and a hacks.ini for 4.0.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==