News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So Waninkoko said he was going to release cIOS rev21 ~October
Custom IOS Rev21 is in beta state and its development stopped. After some testing, I'll fix the remaining bugs and release it. ~October
icon11.gif
Source

We have November now and he hasnt released it yet, but stated via Twitter, that he does not have time for cIOS rev21 and he will release public betas instead.
I don't have time for cIOS rev21, I'll release public beta versions. Everybody will enjoy it and notify bugs before the final release.
icon11.gif
Source

I think he is busy with PS3 stuff.

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yeah, the hay day of the wii is over. all talented developers want to work on the ps3 now. the wii already does everything we want it to other then gamecube usb loading. and we almost had it. crediar was close but apparently there is a need to completely replace mios. maybe one day it will happen, but for now everyone else seems to be looking at the ps3. who cant resist a new challenge. especially one that has eluded everyone for so long.

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wyndcrosser said:
I hope he's busy with PS3 stuff, I'd love a real ps3 CFW.

Wynd

i don't see any real cfw coming for the ps3 any time soon if ever. and if it does come i don;t think waninkoko will be responsible for it. we never saw any real cfw for the wii although crediar's freedom concept was pretty close, but he pretty much abandoned it. i would think that if there was some real ps3 cfw it would come form some of the older guys from the psp scene.
back on topic if waninkoko wants to release a beta cios21 i'd give it a go but i don't see how much better he could make it. between ciosx20 and hermes most recent cios, i think it's rev 5, pretty much everything is already covered. unless there is some major new ap protection i think we are good for a while.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
smash_brew said:
between ciosx20 and hermes most recent cios, i think it's rev 5, pretty much everything is already covered. unless there is some major new ap protection i think we are good for a while.

well there seems to be lag issues and game hiccups with cios20 and rev5 doesn't have sdhc support so for music games, there isn't an ideal solution yet.

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nando said:
well there seems to be lag issues and game hiccups with cios20

I agree that there are some issues with cIOSx rev20, but some new games can only be run with this newest cIOS. For example, Shaun White Skateboarding will not work using any of the hermes cIOS (base 37, 38, and 57), but will work using cIOSx rev20 with a base of IOS56.

I'm hoping that rev 21 will have NAND emulation working again. Right now I have cIOSx rev20 installed in slot 249, and rev 17 installed in another slot for triiforce, but it would be nice just to have one waninkoko cIOS.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Who wants to gather all information for Waninkoko in one place?

Like:
With cIOS56rev20 usb loading won't work if multiple IOS Reloads are required to detect a HDD. I guess it's because the usb module is hidden automatically at some point, but the loader still requires to see it. It could be something else too, i'm not sure.

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
smash_brew said:
we never saw any real cfw for the wii although crediar's freedom concept was pretty close, but he pretty much abandoned it.

It was a sysmenu replacement, not a "custom firmware."

Edit: hopefully the wait will have been worth it. Hiding the common key in that Justin Beiber song must have taken Wanin FOREVER.

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
xfcrowman said:
I agree that there are some issues with cIOSx rev20, but some new games can only be run with this newest cIOS. For example, Shaun White Skateboarding will not work using any of the hermes cIOS (base 37, 38, and 57), but will work using cIOSx rev20 with a base of IOS56.

Funny, for me cIOS rev20 with base of IOS56 doesnt work at all while Hermes cIOS do a nice job,

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
terminal_illness said:
i would like to test this... and btw ciosx 20b with base 56 works flawlessly for me... i dont know what you guys mean by lags...

It seems to lag in Rock Band 3. Or did somebody confirm lagging in non music games too?

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
WiiPower said:
terminal_illness said:
i would like to test this... and btw ciosx 20b with base 56 works flawlessly for me... i dont know what you guys mean by lags...

It seems to lag in Rock Band 3. Or did somebody confirm lagging in non music games too?

Cooking Mama... it's impossible to make dishes which need A tapping, or A + any button.

Smash Bros Brawl has an annoying pause bug too (when you resume it returns to pause screen right away)

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thesund0g said:
smash_brew said:
we never saw any real cfw for the wii although crediar's freedom concept was pretty close, but he pretty much abandoned it.

It was a sysmenu replacement, not a "custom firmware."

Edit: hopefully the wait will have been worth it. Hiding the common key in that Justin Beiber song must have taken Wanin FOREVER.

Wii's 'firmware' is made up of IOS and the system menu... so yes, a replacement system menu could be considered custom firmware. Though the arguement could be made for just custom IOS.

netspy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
terminal_illness said:

Just see this thread (and the link in the first post of the thread, I tried to sum up what I read concerning the issue) : Waninkoko's cIOSX rev20: controller lags with IOS56 base. It seems that the controller lag issue also appears in non music games.

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
All cIOS with base IOS56 are shit. While all cIOS with IOS38 and IOS57 work flawlessly for me, cIOS with base IOS56 just give me a blackscreen on any game.

No thanks; I'll stick with Hermes IOS224 Base 57.

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
reading this thread just makes me glad that i made the switch to UNEEK+DI.

all "trouble games" work great.

i've only ever had one game not work, batman brave & bold. but i do have cIOS's installed on the regular NAND just in case. and for that, 222v5 installed at default tends to work pretty well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.