Beta build for "Hotel Mario" found at a goodwill store

Unfinished beta builds and earlier versions of released retail games are sometimes found in the oddest of places, be it in a stored box in a garage sale, an online reseller who thinks is just a normal game (or doesn't even know it's a game), and this time, a new beta build of a rather infamous Mario game has made its way into a goodwill store.

YouTube user Game Pak Rat posted a video two weeks ago about a recent discovery he found in a local goodwill store, where they sell stuff from big media bins, which tend to be DVDs most of the time, but there's Blu Rays and videogames in some luck cases, and in this event, the media bin held a rather priceless item inside.

With the recent finding, Game Pak Rat has released a brand new video showcasing some of the key differences between the retail version and the newly discovered beta version, with some things like the intro consisting of only voice lines (without music or echo effects), voice lines mentioning 8 hotels in the beta instead of 7 from the retail version, title screen graphics and options, and a voiceover related to the game's rules and gameplay mechanics in the Help section.

Game Pak Rat will continue uploading new videos comparing the retail and beta versions of Hotel Mario to find what other differences are hidden in this discovered beta, so those interested can follow his YouTube channel for more comparisons.

:arrow: Game Pak Rat's YouTube Channel

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe not "full of" treasure, but if you check back consistently you'll definitely find something to pique your interest. I got a functioning copy of Smash Bros Melee from Goodwill a couple years back for $3.
they used to sale valuable stuff like they had no idea. I could find working NES consoles for like 40-50$, which could be sold online for 200$.

Reactions: Xzi

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why do i feel another hacker is involved no dev in their right mind would give a beta to goodwill even if it is garbage remember the GS Demo ryanrox illegally obtained it by hacking nintendo (I guess their network security is a shitty as NSO's infrastructure

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto