OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
WiiPower said:
twofive said:
Sucess!

IOS36 installing via Twilight Hack worked. Homebrew Channel works now.
But the Disc Channel doesn't read burned discs... Which IOS is the system menu using?

You can't even change the IOS installer completely on your own, you shouldn't mess around with your system menu. Even Forsaken bricked one or two Wiis with this, and HE KNOWS what he is doing.

I just can't let this go, please help me
unsure.gif

It looks like the System Menu is using IOS37. So it should be possible to just delete IOS37, then go back to homebrew channel (without passing through the system menu; HBC still runs because it's using IOS36) and then directly run cIOS installer.

Any holes in my plan?
unsure.gif

Greez

//EDIT: Is there any system menu version that doesn't use IOS37 and which I can downgrade to? So it may work to go down that low, make all changes from this version and then just go up to 3.2 again?

twofive

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
nicksasa said:
i dont think but make sure you install cios 37 with cios 36 dip as ios 37

Okay. This is the code which defines what is downloaded from and installed to which location:

CODE// These parameters will download IOS36, modify it, and install it as IOS249
#define INPUT_TITLEID_H 1
#define INPUT_TITLEID_L 36
#define INPUT_VERSION 1042
#define OUTPUT_TITLEID_H 1
#define OUTPUT_TITLEID_L 249
#define OUTPUT_VERSION 7

What exactly do I need to change here to force it downloading the IOS37 patching it to IOS36 DIP and installing it to IOS37?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
nicksasa said:

Apparently you can use the IOS37 dip too. It seems like IOS36 and IOS37 are the same or very similar.

kytran

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
twofive said:
WiiPower said:
twofive said:
Sucess!

But the Disc Channel doesn't read burned discs... Which IOS is the system menu using?

You can't even change the IOS installer completely on your own, you shouldn't mess around with your system menu. Even Forsaken bricked one or two Wiis with this, and HE KNOWS what he is doing.

I just can't let this go, please help me
unsure.gif

It looks like the System Menu is using IOS37. So it should be possible to just delete IOS37, then go back to homebrew channel (without passing through the system menu; HBC still runs because it's using IOS36) and then directly run cIOS installer.

Any holes in my plan?
unsure.gif

Greez

//EDIT: Is there any system menu version that doesn't use IOS37 and which I can downgrade to? So it may work to go down that low, make all changes from this version and then just go up to 3.2 again?

lol ok ill be the first to admit it , you got some big BRASS ones
smile.gif

hehe but i think its always been on IOS37... i haven't tested this theory myself. i like to mess around with a few things but when it comes to brickin the Wii .. i gotta becareful.. cause WIFE would kill me
tongue.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
twofive said:
nicksasa said:

Okay. This is the code which defines what is downloaded from and installed to which location:

CODE// These parameters will download IOS36, modify it, and install it as IOS249
#define OUTPUT_VERSION 7

What exactly do I need to change here to force it downloading the IOS37 patching it to IOS36 DIP and installing it to IOS37?

That's a little complicated, as there is a hash check for the each module. Just my multi_cios_installer for this.

twofive

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
WiiPower said:
twofive said:
nicksasa said:

#define OUTPUT_VERSION 7

That's a little complicated, as there is a hash check for the each module. Just my multi_cios_installer for this.

Can you - please - compile me a DOL which removes the restriction to not be able to go lower than IOS55? I'm f..king tired today ... I would thank you forever
unsure.gif

Elias843

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
twofive said:
Sucess!

You could have used Menu Loader 0.5 and rebooted with IOS 149..

But you would still need a Patched/Custom system menu, which is what Fors is working on.

twofive

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Elias843 said:
twofive said:
Sucess!

You could have used Menu Loader 0.5 and rebooted with IOS 149..

But you would still need a Patched/Custom system menu, which is what Fors is working on.

What's needed to be patched if the IOS can read burned discs itself?
blink.gif

vladus2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
vladus2000 said:
currently patchmii and its clones requires IOS36 to run. If you f it up, you may not be able to fix it except maybe deleting and using a disc to update.

I don't think you would brick your WII though.

No they don't, they work fine if you don't have a IOS36 installed. They only need the files from IOS36, but they get these via wifi, or like WiiGator's installer optionally from sd card.

I tried adding a IOS_ReloadIOS call as the first line to try a few different IOSes and no matter what I tried it failed, it only worked when I used whatever IOS loaded it. The hash checks were failing to be exact. Might be something I did to the code, but it runs fine when I comment out the reload call.

twofive

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Diffusion said:
System Menu 3.2 uses on IOS30 btw.

True, just checked at WiiBrew.
That makes it a bit more difficult. Which IOS should I install now for IOS30?
IOS36 or 37? F..king complicated.

//EDIT: Using Menuloader the System Menu boots with both correctly. Does this mean it doesn't matter which one I install?

twofive

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Now I'm busted.
I just deleted IOS30 using modified AnyTitle Deleter to not check which IOS the system menu is using.
Now I wanted to just run cIOS Installer and install it as IOS30 (which now doesn't exist anymore).

Of course I didn't look further on the code and now I've got:

"Sorry, I won't modify IOS30; too dangerous. : ( "

Not possible to return to Homebrew Channel. It looks like only thing I'm able to do is switch off my Wii. Means: defect.
Any ideas? cIOS Installer still running, waiting for tips
unsure.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
twofive said:
Now I'm busted.
I just deleted IOS30 using modified AnyTitle Deleter to not check which IOS the system menu is using.
Now I wanted to just run cIOS Installer and install it as IOS30 (which now doesn't exist anymore).

Of course I didn't look further on the code and now I've got:

"Sorry, I won't modify IOS30; too dangerous. : ( "

Not possible to return to Homebrew Channel. It looks like only thing I'm able to do is switch off my Wii. Means: defect.
Any ideas? cIOS Installer still running, waiting for tips
unsure.gif

Have you tried installing ios16 and then custom wad manager and see if that will install ios30 ?
Or have you tried a full system update and then downgrade it again to 3.2 ?

twofive

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
djtaz said:
Have you tried installing ios16 and then custom wad manager and see if that will install ios30 ?
Or have you tried a full system update and then downgrade it again to 3.2 ?

Um, what? None of these. I tried to delete my IOS30 to replace it with an cIOS.
Now I deleted my IOS30 but wanted to install an cIOS to this IOS number using cIOS installer.
Now this one tells me that it won't install as IOS30 because it is too dangerous and now I can't go back to homebrew channel or whatever. It looks like the only thing I can do is switch off the Wii and hope that I can repair it using SaveMii or hoping Nintendo is stupid enough to guess it's an NAND failure. Wouldn't suprise me if they do so.

//EDIT:
I just looked at the code.

CODEif ((OUTPUT_TITLEID_H == 1) && (OUTPUT_TITLEID_L == 30)) {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂprintf("Sorry, I won't modify IOS30; too dangerous. :(\n");
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂwhile(1);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂ}

Is there any possibility to break out of this while-thingy in runtime?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dont turn off your wii - if anything press Home and try to get to the menu and then do a full update - its not the best but it will get your wii working again ... once its updated you will lose homebrew, but you can downgrade it again easily - theres guides all over the place and one in my sig if you need that.
You dont ever need to uninstall IOS's ... i really dont know why people do that to be honest.

twofive

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
djtaz said:
Dont turn off your wii - if anything press Home and try to get to the menu and then do a full update - its not the best but it will get your wii working again ... once its updated you will lose homebrew, but you can downgrade it again easily - theres guides all over the place and one in my sig if you need that.
You dont ever need to uninstall IOS's ... i really dont know why people do that to be honest.

The installer doesn't do anything at all. I can't even go back to homebrew channel.
There's a while line in the code and so no button is working at all.

CODEif ((OUTPUT_TITLEID_H == 1) && (OUTPUT_TITLEID_L == 30)) {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂprintf("Sorry, I won't modify IOS30; too dangerous. :(\n");
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂwhile(1);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂ}

Damnit! May it possible to just turn off the Wii and repair it using SaveMii or some likely stuff? Dunno what IOS this "micro system menu" in repair mode is using, but I can't connect my Wiimote while I'm in it, so it may be IOS4 or something likely.

May it be possible to use the Twilight Hack (it's installed) to run cIOS Installer without that IOS30 security check to allow it installing to IOS30?

Skarface05

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
E
if ((OUTPUT_TITLEID_H == 1) && (OUTPUT_TITLEID_L == 30)) {
printf("Sorry, I won't modify IOS30; too dangerous.
frown.gif
\n");
while(1);
}
just comment that out and let it rip!
nintendo loves bricks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom