How do i install cios 224?

GoodisG00d87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Uninstall and Reinstall again. If your second attempt doesn't work try using Wad Manager 1.8 MOD
Uninstall the wad? when i try to uninstall the wad it says: Deleting ticket.. ERROR! (ret = -1017
Deleting title contents... ERROR! (ret = -1017)
Deleting title... ERROR! (ret -1017)
Post automatically merged:

Uninstall the wad? when i try to uninstall the wad it says: Deleting ticket.. ERROR! (ret = -1017
nvm i was on the wrong ios

Uninstall and Reinstall again. If your second attempt doesn't work try using Wad Manager 1.8 MOD
The reinstalling didnt work so ill try wad manager 1.8

Reactions: impeeza

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

nvm i was on the wrong ios

The reinstalling didnt work so ill try wad manager 1.8
That error means that the Wad didn't get installed, so it's trying to install something it is not installed.

I... I'm out of ideas then. Other than doing what Xflak told you, to use ModMii to download your cIOS and follow ModMii steps.

GoodisG00d87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
That error means that the Wad didn't get installed, so it's trying to install something it is not installed.

I... I'm out of ideas then. Other than doing what Xflak told you, to use ModMii to download your cIOS and follow ModMii steps.
sadly i tried getting the cios 224 and trying to install it and it does install but just dance 2014 still doesnt open but ill retry it one last time later

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello Recently i have gotten the game just dance 2014 plus with all the songs and when i run iit it brings me back to the wii menu, it says i need cios 224 how do i go by installing it?
CIOS 224 is a very old way to get homebrew on the wii almost no actual Homebrew uses that CIOS, read https://wii.hacks.guide/ to get the basics. also you can use https://gbatemp.net/threads/best-wa...i-for-windows-official-support-thread.207126/ to install all files needed to mod your console WARNING only works on Wii no vWii.

By the way, Why do you want to install CIOS 224? for the just dance 2014? to that you need a CIOS 250 d2x base 57

https://gbatemp.net/threads/just-dance-2014-black-screen.355509/post-4792110

And setup your loader to load the game using that CIOS.

On my Setup I have:

Slot 249, IOS base 57, d2x v11 Beta 1
Slot 250, IOS base 56, d2x v11 Beta 1
Slot 251, IOS base 38, d2x v11 Beta 1 For Animal Crossing (needed for the use of keyboard)

I haven't testes Just dance but should work with CIOS 249

@XFlak what do you think about this setup for Just dance?

Last edited by impeeza,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
What's the name of the WAD you installed?

Edit: sorry I was replying to an older post without realizing there was more discussion

Edit2: hermes cios's shouldn't be needed for anything these days, but it doesn't hurt to try. Perhaps there's an hdd out there than works with hermes and not d2x, who knows

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
What's the name of the WAD you installed?

Edit: sorry I was replying to an older post without realizing there was more discussion

Edit2: hermes cios's shouldn't be needed for anything these days, but it doesn't hurt to try. Perhaps there's an hdd out there than works with hermes and not d2x, who knows
Thanks a lot for all your help @XFlak , basically If @GoodisG00d87 really have a very old Homebrew or loader which can not work without the Hermes cIOS have two options:

* Use ModMii to install all needed files or on advanced options to download/create Hermes WAD files, by going on the "Download Page 4" of the wizard:
1705849748247.png

then select the wanted cIOS:
1705849824163.png

Press the "Download!" button and then confirm the download of files:
1705850040437.png

This create the WAD files on the COPY_TO_SD folder.

* Or can use the orignal installer (Hermes_cIOS_Installter_by_Rodries.zip) from:
http://wii.scenebeta.com/noticia/cios-de-hermes (Sorry is a spanish site, Hermes is from Spain)

Download (Using NUS) all the base wads needed and then run the dol on the Wii and install the needed cIOSes

My advice is to use ModWii to update their system and use latest loaders/Homebrew which uses the cIOS dx2

GoodisG00d87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
CIOS 224 is a very old way to get homebrew on the wii almost no actual Homebrew uses that CIOS, read https://wii.hacks.guide/ to get the basics. also you can use https://gbatemp.net/threads/best-wa...i-for-windows-official-support-thread.207126/ to install all files needed to mod your console WARNING only works on Wii no vWii.

By the way, Why do you want to install CIOS 224? for the just dance 2014? to that you need a CIOS 250 d2x base 57

https://gbatemp.net/threads/just-dance-2014-black-screen.355509/post-4792110

And setup your loader to load the game using that CIOS.

On my Setup I have:

Slot 249, IOS base 57, d2x v11 Beta 1
Slot 250, IOS base 56, d2x v11 Beta 1
Slot 251, IOS base 38, d2x v11 Beta 1 For Animal Crossing (needed for the use of keyboard)

I haven't testes Just dance but should work with CIOS 249

@XFlak what do you think about this setup for Just dance?
I meant just dance 2014 plus (one with all the songs) and when you try boot it up in usb loader gx normally it just goes back to the wii menu or homebrew channel and doesnt start i tried ios 249 and it doesnt work but ill try get the ios202, ios222, ios223, ios224 and install them

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I meant just dance 2014 plus (one with all the songs) and when you try boot it up in usb loader gx normally it just goes back to the wii menu or homebrew channel and doesnt start i tried ios 249 and it doesnt work but ill try get the ios202, ios222, ios223, ios224 and install them
May be your USB Loaders is outdated, you can try to get latest one, and point it to use updated CIOS on the SLOT with IOS base 57, and d2x v11-beta1

GoodisG00d87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
bad dump also can be a issue.

I first will run a ModMii to update everything and take that as starting point.
How to you use modmii to update everything?

At this point of the guessing game, is very likely OP has a bad dump/iso.
i got a different dump and now it says Error 001 An unauthorized device has been detected?

Last edited by GoodisG00d87,

GoodisG00d87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I just downloaded just dance 2014 plus and got error1 unauthorised device detected so yea the dump i got is bad.
dang

I think i broke usb loader gx it doesnt open games anymore

but the game wads still work and open the game????

Last edited by GoodisG00d87,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
  • Love

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c