Hacking cios 38 rev 17 is out

ClockWorK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try more stuff!

Try the other USB port (just for kicks).

Try a different loader.

Try installing/using cIOS 222 instead of cIOS 249.

Try a thumb drive.

Tangorfopper

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
castiglio.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Italy
ClockWorK said:
Try more stuff!

Try the other USB port (just for kicks).

Try a different loader.

Try installing/using cIOS 222 instead of cIOS 249.

Try a thumb drive.

Off course I can try different solution but as I'm posting in this thread I'd like to know if there is anything I can do to let cIOS 249 rev17 to work on my setup.
Has something changed from rev13 to reduce or change USB compatibility? Do I need to do something "special" during cIOS installation? (Like unplug the HD from USB)
Thanks.

judremy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tangorfopper said:
Has something changed from rev13 to reduce or change USB compatibility? Do I need to do something "special" during cIOS installation? (Like unplug the HD from USB)

I think 14 might have been the first version where only one port was able to be used. I know I had to start using the bottom port after a certain version, but I can't remember which one. I use USB Loader GX and it works great for me.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No sure if anyone has mentioned this yet , but on rev17 wiiflow cant copy burnt discs to the drive.
It does recognise originals but backup copies arent recognised.

I installed rev15 again and it worked fine , but just kept saying not a valid wii disc on rev17

Might be something to look into in case its causing other issues as well

cocomonk22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Waninkoko's usb loader locks up when trying to install a game from disc on rev17. The last rev I was using was rev14, so somewhere between rev15-17 it went bad.

SumAznGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't been on these forums in ages(The last cIOS38 update that was released when i was around was rev15), so forgive me if this answer is somewhat stupid.

According to the change log, it says that the DL bug is fixed. Does that mean a retail copy of SSBB/Metroid Prime trilogy(Which i don't but might pick up real soon because it's no longer in print) is completely working without any problems or not? Since of the DL bug, i'm still using rev13a.....

The simple answer would be really appreciated

SumAznGuy

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
SumAznGuy said:
I haven't been on these forums in ages(The last cIOS38 update that was released when i was around was rev15), so forgive me if this answer is somewhat stupid.

According to the change log, it says that the DL bug is fixed. Does that mean a retail copy of SSBB/Metroid Prime trilogy(Which i don't but might pick up real soon because it's no longer in print) is completely working without any problems or not? Since of the DL bug, i'm still using rev13a.....

The simple answer would be really appreciated

SumAznGuy
Dual layer games are supposed to work with rev17

SumAznGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hmm....supposed to. okay then but just double checking, if for some reason it doesn't work properly, i can downgrade back to 13a by just running the 13a installer right?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sak50 said:
so i need to load 15 first..( IOS38-64-v3867.wad ) .. Do i need to add 16 also?

Just add the wad and install the cios and away you go.
You shouldnt have any issues with bricking as its a simple install and the cIOS you install basically overwrites the existing one so no you dont need cIOS16

When this all first started people gave direct answers without trying to answer things in riddles or scaremongering (though it was more dangerous back then) and the community appreciated it - im not sure whats happening these days since i stayed off the scene for a bit, but ti would be nice to just answer the questions people ask.

itaintrite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
sak50 said:
so i need to load 15 first..( IOS38-64-v3867.wad ) .. Do i need to add 16 also?

Just add the wad and install the cios and away you go.
You shouldnt have any issues with bricking as its a simple install and the cIOS you install basically overwrites the existing one so no you dont need cIOS16

When this all first started people gave direct answers without trying to answer things in riddles or scaremongering (though it was more dangerous back then) and the community appreciated it - im not sure whats happening these days since i stayed off the scene for a bit, but ti would be nice to just answer the questions people ask.
I'll probably get flamed for this, but I do appreciate you, and others, who actually help new people by not being a smart-ass. I usually try to do as much researching as I can before asking a question, but sometimes, it pays to be extra careful. If EVERYBODY could just learn something by reading, there would be no need for teachers.

ps: funny how you joined 7 days before I did...

Lethal_NFS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried searching for the answers but nobody was exactly clear.

1. Some of my games running off my hdd using USBloaderGX are in black and white. Anyone know why?

2. Metroid Prime Trilogy and SSBB are not working properly. SSBB locks up after the first fight and Metroid Prime 3 will not load at all. The first 2 games load up just fine.

I am running 4.2U and I have updated to cIOS38rev17. Any help would be great.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Force NTSC on the problematic games. The black and white thing is when it's trying to output a PAL signal through your NTSC TV.

2. If you ripped these games using cIOS rev14, for example, then the second layer of the discs wasn't properly copied. You'll need to re-rip them with rev17.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1