Hacking Chrono Trigger working on the R4DS...

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I just only need to know come Chrono Trigger work on the R4DS without the Arm 7 patch, if not then I'm not going to bother with it. Since I almost destroyed my flashcart trying to play Sonic Chronicles.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've played of it, it works just fine on R4's with out the patch however, I have several friends who have different flash carts such as the M3 Simply and it gave him the could not detect save data message.

*snip

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Centrix said:
It's ok...am I aloud to post it in my signature...I really like this site...but don't know where to post it...!

You can't post it here. Not anywhere on here.

Also, I'm pretty sure it's also your site, so not only are you breaking the "No ROMs" rule, you're also breaking the advertising rule.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Gerinych said:
I think he asked why Chrono Trigger works on R4DS without a patch or anything? It baffles me too, it's working fine for me, although I'm not that far into the game.

That's why it appears to be working fine for you so far. Here's where the problems lie :

QUOTE(raulpica @ Nov 26 2008, 09:27 PM) When you enter the Portal in the Millenial Fair it should go on an infinite loop and never end.
Another check happens when you play the Organ in the Monastery (the door won't appear).

atomikramp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
i have no issues related to save files with my R4 1.18 firmware, but the copy protection implemented by square is preventing me from continuing to play.

we have to admit that at square they are really good at inventing copy protections tricks
smile.gif

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
atomikramp said:
i have no issues related to save files with my R4 1.18 firmware, but the copy protection implemented by square is preventing me from continuing to play.

we have to admit that at square they are really good at inventing copy protections tricks
smile.gif

Not really,it was cracked not to long after the Jpn version came out......

atomikramp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
InuYasha said:
atomikramp said:

smile.gif

Not really,it was cracked not to long after the Jpn version came out......

i tried to apply the ppf patch but with that patch, white screens.

tigerx87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
That's why it appears to be working fine for you so far. Here's where the problems lie :

QUOTE(raulpica @ Nov 26 2008, 09:27 PM) *
When you enter the Portal in the Millenial Fair it should go on an infinite loop and never end.
Another check happens when you play the Organ in the Monastery (the door won't appear).

use the cheat code to bypass the protection, i'm already at proto dome.

tigerx87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
download the lastest CHEAT.DAT from this site, put that file in _SYSTEM_ folder on your MicroSD card, overwrite if neccesary, then when you're on on the main menu, highlight the game, then press Y, the cheat menu should come up then just select the fix cheat (plus w/e cheats you want), press start to exit & save, then launch game.

way2quik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it doesn't show up the Cheat option for Chrono Trigger for CHEAT.DAT nor USRCHEAT.DAT.

However, the "FIX" version does seem to work with r4ds firmware. it didn't work with the latest ysmenu, just a white blank screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.