ROM Hack Chrono trigger original translation hack?

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
To answer your question, YES, it's absolutely possible!

Now, is someone gonna take the time to do it? Hmm... probably not. Unless that someone is a die-hard fan with lots of time on their hands and extensive knowledge of ROM hacking.

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
War said:
Now, is someone gonna take the time to do it? Hmm... probably not. Unless that someone is a die-hard fan with lots of time on their hands and extensive knowledge of ROM hacking.
I have everything except the last one but I think the game is better translated as it should have been back from the SNES version.

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
The new translation's actually more spot-on if you ask me. The atmospehere conveyed to the game through the dialogue has become better. Still, if there are people who think the "original" SNES-English version is better, by all means!

I'm as happy as happy can be though!
toot.gif

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I still think maybe the (U) release can have a different translation. I've heard the case of Advance Wars:Days of Ruin, where the translation team for the (U) and (E) versions where completely different (from the USA and Europe Offices), ending in not only different names for the game (Days of Ruin in (U) and Dark Conflict in (E)), but also in game.

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far the DS translation looks a lot better than the US snes one. Only reason to change it would be for die-hard nostalgia people who don't want anything changed. I would just say, go play the Snes version if you want the Woolsey version (which is still good though).

Honestly, I welcome change. After all, I am playing this darn game for the 6th time when you count the DS version. New dialogue keeps me wanting to play. And yes, they are supposed to be called "Athenian Water". I remember that from when I played it in Japanese when it came out on SFC.

Cerepol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well isn't this translation made to better reflect the Japanese script which is the original Game therefore their point about it being the original translation is moot.

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow, just wow - this guy wants to an English hack for a game WITH English, so he can go back to a less accurate script. *golf clap*

Just when my faith in humanity was at its lowest ebb, the someone finds away to kick it into the gutter. Thank you!

If you want to do this utterly pointless hack, do it yourself. Asking others do it is...what's the word...(I can't think of a good English word for saitei!). It's awful!

Most of you won't like this, but the only definitive version of the text, in my eyes, unless the content creator states otherwise, is the original. Which means the only "100% accurate" version is the Japanese one. Everything else is degrees of inaccurate.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
sadak5 said:
I still think maybe the (U) release can have a different translation. I've heard the case of Advance Wars:Days of Ruin, where the translation team for the (U) and (E) versions where completely different (from the USA and Europe Offices), ending in not only different names for the game (Days of Ruin in (U) and Dark Conflict in (E)), but also in game.

Yeah, but we won't know anything more than that until it comes out in Japan. Still no set release date. Just moved from TBA 2008 to TBA 2009.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny