Chrono Trigger Available Now on PC

Chrono_Trigger_logo.png

Chrono Trigger, one of the most highly rated SNES RPGs to date, is now available on PC! Featuring graphical and sound updates, along with a new autosave feature, this PC release is considered to be the "Definitive Edition" of Chrono Trigger. For those that already own the game on iOS or Android, the app will also receive the graphical and sound upgrades as well in an update!

• Two Extra Dungeons – Includes the mysterious ‘Dimensional Vortex’ dungeon and the forgotten ‘Lost Sanctum’ dungeon that first appeared in the DS and mobile releases
  • Updated Graphics and Sound – While keeping the atmosphere of the original, featuring enhanced visuals designed for modern PCs and remastered soundtrack under the supervision of original composer Yasunori Mitsuda
  • Updated Controls - Optimised PC experience that supports both controller and mouse/keyboard configuration
  • New Autosave Feature - Automatically saves while still featuring the original title’s Save Point function
  • CHRONO TRIGGER Limited Edition - Those that purchase the STEAM version until 2nd April 2018 will receive the following digital bonuses for free:
    • An enchanting and specially edited digital song file containing a medley of five songs: ‘Far Off Promise’, ‘Wind Scene’, ‘Battle with Magus’, ‘Corridors of Time’, and ‘Chrono Trigger’
    • Composer Yasunori Mitsuda’s digital liner notes
    • A collection of six stunning PC wallpapers in varying sizes

:arrow: Source: GBATemp Inbox
:arrow: Steam Page

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I wish I could get a copy of ds version, then I looked it on both amazon and eBay, My lord, the PRICE scares the shit out of me! 140 euro for Nintendo ds version? Wtf is going on??

Reactions: sarkwalvein

Missing Number

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
they would have had less bad press if they were honest...... a port of a port.... Chrono Trigger Mobile for STEAM!
its nice its not full price, but even its trailer shows off whats wrong with its "enhanced visuals" theres a part where a black Nu has a line down it, a result of the game's filter

if i was going to port (read : port, not remake) i'd have taken the original art, and then promoted "beautiful pixel art circa era 1994, travel back with us and experience the adventure first hand!"; and take a small team and have them go over it (read : not just run a half-assed filter) and redraw it as close as possible til it resembled a cell shaded toriyama masterpiece and promote "or experience the adventure in a beautiful recreation of the legendary artist Akira Toriyama of Dragon Ball / Dragon Quest fame!"

though i'd have ported while remaking it, get I Am Setsuna and Lost Sphear team to take what they've learned and "okay now do the original" while getting atleast some of the dream team together to atleast supervise em, maybe throw in some optional multiplayer both local and otherwise, and maybe some dark souls type ghost players since we are talking time travel and alternate timelines, you could see your friends and chat with them, like watching a twitch player while playing on twitch at the same time.... or more 90s, like both players with their own screen playing next to one another like we may or may not have done before (am i the only one?)

but thats just me

Reactions: Subtle Demise

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I wish I could get a copy of ds version, then I looked it on both amazon and eBay, My lord, the PRICE scares the shit out of me! 140 euro for Nintendo ds version? Wtf is going on??
It's ~40 EUR on Amazon.de. Should be no problem ordering it from there from Italy with a credit card.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Why would SJWs be defending this? What does this have to do with societal politics? Did Square make all the characters transgendered minorities or something, and everyone that dislikes this is just a transphobic racist? Help me out here, because I'm not getting why SJWs would be defending this.
Are you on meds or something? WTF are you mumbling about?

Reactions: CallmeBerto

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, let's recall.
Randomizer calls the people defending the low quality port "SJW".
But these people defending the port are just fanboys, they are not drug dealers, or hire assassins, or SJW, or whatever else... just blinded fanboys.

An SJW is a "Social Justice Warrior", if there is no "social justice" related topic in the game for them to "defend", then why would you call someone defending the port an "SJW".

That is what Joom is talking about, "please let me know what the game has to do with societal politics?" (for you to call people defending it SJWs)

Reactions: osaka35

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Well, let's recall.
Randomizer calls the people defending the low quality port "SJW".
But these people defending the port are just fanboys, they are not drug dealers, or hire assassins, or SJW, or whatever else... just blinded fanboys.

An SJW is a "Social Justice Warrior", if there is no "social justice" related topic in the game for them to "defend", then why would you call someone defending the port an "SJW".

That is what Joom is talking about, "please let me know what the game has to do with societal politics?" (for you to call people defending it SJWs)
Ah, the_randomizer. I have him on ignore, sorry.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just tried, German retailers won't even delivery the item to Italy, bruh
I'll try to get it on amazon UK bruh.
Yeah, well. AFAIK they stopped delivering things to Italy because of severe problems with the Italian postal service (as in e.g. "lost" packages).

It sucks, I know.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Secret of Mana doesn't look bad to me. It isn't perfect, but not bad. The most hate I see, is from people who hate 3D art anything.

It is weird that they did this with Chrono Trigger, yet remade SOM. Unless they plan to, but then either way, they would have been better off not porting the game this way.

In fact, they should just hire people that care about the series than port something like this.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Secret of Mana doesn't look bad to me. It isn't perfect, but not bad. The most hate I see, is from people who hate 3D art anything.

It is weird that they did this with Chrono Trigger, yet remade SOM. Unless they plan to, but then either way, they would have been better off not porting the game this way.

In fact, they should just hire people that care about the series than port something like this.

It's simply down to Square Enix trying to get a quick cash grab and nothing more. No wonder people pirate their games. At least the SOM remake had effort, the CT port had no effort.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on