Hacking Choosing Hardware

Royal2000H

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is a big question....however all the answers I can find are fairly old, since with firmware updates and new flashcarts come new features.

So the R4 seems pretty cool, it is considered popular, cheap, and plays most of the games.

One thing I keep seeing is that because it is cheap, it's the best flashcart.

I don't want to get a slightly inferior card just to save $10. But between the M3 Simply and the R4, it would be pointless not to go with R4 since (as I understand) they are completely identical.

Even though I doubt I will need GBA I learned that Slot 1 cards can't play GBA and Slot 2 can play GBA & NDS...so what's the reason not to get slot 2?

Basically...
What's the best card(s) with the most features- Download Play and w/e?
With price not being a factor to rate cards (though there is a limit....wouldn't want to spend $3000 on something I can get for $30 just because the interface is cool-looking)

Sorry...I know there are a lot of topics on this, but many are old or directed very specifically between 2 cards.

Royal2000H

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand why people buy the other flashcarts if the R4 has everything. Unless of course the R4 is missing stuff that other ones have, which I guess is part of my question.

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing the other flash cart(s) have is Micro SDHC compatibility in the Cyclo DS, and maybe the lack of a spring loader. Other than that, the R4 is definitely worth your money. I'm upgrading to a Cyclo from an R4 myself, I want the extra space of a 4GB Micro SDHC card.

Royal2000H

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ya the cyclods seems to be the next popular one on the list which I am considering....

but there's like 15 subforums for different flashcarts here, what's the deal with them then?

Royal2000H

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from what I understand Slot 2 cards = patching every game before putting on the system.
Does it matter that it can process it faster than retail if R4 speed is fast enough?
I was also under the impression that R4 + CycloDS have cheats too.

Honestly I don't need GBA support...so the EZ series isn't needed.

It seems to me ur recommending Supercard above all.
I wish I could only learn the dialect of English used on their website.

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
Well if you care about MicroSDHC then its a CycloDSEvo + EZFlash 3in1
smile.gif

And offcourse you get Wii -> Nintendo DS connection and slowmotion and maybe soon realtime save
biggrin.gif

Royal2000H

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK
I'll probably do that.

Is the EZ Flash 3-in-1 just so I can run GBA games + opera?

and if I do have both, will I still need to patch all games?
And will I need to change the DS firmware to FlashMe?

XizorGetspeed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Guys,

On this same topic, just bought a DS.

I'm never going to play GBA or into any homebrew.

I'm just looking for a very simple drag and drop solution in which I can save games, and of course something dirt cheap but reliable and can play ALL DS games.

So from what I'm reading it would make sense for me to stick with Slot 1?

Can the DS to console emulation i.e. SNES games?

Thanks!

Zombie_Mario

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys,

On this same topic, just bought a DS.

I'm never going to play GBA or into any homebrew.

I'm just looking for a very simple drag and drop solution in which I can save games, and of course something dirt cheap but reliable and can play ALL DS games.

So from what I'm reading it would make sense for me to stick with Slot 1?

Can the DS to console emulation i.e. SNES games?

Thanks!

The R4 is a suitable product for you. It's cheap ($45) and supports a drag-and-drop feature. It has 100% compatibility but issues with ARM7. It also can run emulators like SNEmulDS (SNES), Lameboy (GBC), and nesDS (NES).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: y